Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 4 Votes
Title: The Creator

Tagline: Humanity evolves.

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Thriller

Director: Gareth Edwards

Cast: John David Washington, Gemma Chan, Sturgill Simpson, Allison Janney, Marc Menchaca, Ken Watanabe, Amar Chadha-Patel

Release: 2023-09-29

Plot: Described as a post-apocalyptic thriller involving a future impacted by a war between humans and AI.

Anyone knows who did this poster? Looks like Simon Stålenhag's work.
I had the same thought. Instantly made me think of Tales from the Loop and other Free League promo art, but I can't find anything specifically linking him... yet. Certainly Stålenhag-esque.

creator_ver3.jpeg

The budget for this is $86 mil. If the trailer is representative of the finished film, they've done an incredible job.

Thats what I don't get. This looks incredible on a budget of that size.
Then you have these $200-300 mil huge budget movies coming out, looking not half as good and then blaming the audience for not showing up!? Makes no sense to me.
Of coarse you're not going to make your money back. Thats not even including the marketing budget which can be sometimes close to $100 mil on top of that. its nuts.

If the theater industry is going to survive. They need to do more films like this.

• Friendly
Reactions: 3Maters
Another awful trailer. After watching that I feel like I know all the beats of the film. It looks like it'll be a good film though.
Trailers have been awful as long as I've been going to the cinema and that's going back 55 years. I have yet to see a trailer that didn't give away every detail of the film. The only trailer i can ever remember being amazing and poster to go with it was Alien...... But it's rare to get such inventful artwork or trailer...

Reactions: 3Maters and vexred
Trailers have been awful as long as I've been going to the cinema and that's going back 55 years. I have yet to see a trailer that didn't give away every detail of the film. The only trailer i can ever remember being amazing and poster to go with it was Alien...... But it's rare to get such inventful artwork or trailer...

This year is really exciting in terms of movies, Oppenheimer, Dune 2 and Creator. Really looking forward to this!

Every year there's at least 3 movies to say that.

The budget for this is $86 mil. If the trailer is representative of the finished film, they've done an incredible job.

'They' used to make such movies on 50, 30, even 15-20 million.
Imagine getting ten all original films instead of one Indy 5. That's the problem with Hollywood now, that's why it's imploding.

Thats not even including the marketing budget which can be sometimes close to $100 mil on top of that. its nuts.
More than 100 for some, it's stupid. Like a poker bluff with a bad hand 'going all in'.

Trailers have been awful as long as I've been going to the cinema and that's going back 55 years. I have yet to see a trailer that didn't give away every detail of the film.
Loop Trump GIF

Nah, there's been plenty of good trailers in the 80's and 90's, even some in 00's.
This stupidity is a staple of recent times, mostly last 15 years, and after 'the Trailer Voice Guy' died, which goes with talentless everything else.
New trailers just irritate me with its copy/paste use of crappy music boom-boom-BOOM cut the scene approach, so I just don't watch them at all, while earlier liked to view the trailers separately, intentionally.

Way I look at it is... a smaller budget often means the crew have to be more mindful, so that also often leads to them having to be more creative to achieve certain things, whereas bigger budgets allow them to be lazy and just throw money at everything without giving anything thought. Marvel is a great example of this. Their earlier films (Iron Man for example) look so much better than any Iron Man we've seen since then IMO... the suits are so clearly CGI and just look tacky IMO.

As for trailers, I personally feel they really started going downhill after Inception... it's like they've become a copy and paste of that "style" with the booming audio throughout. And nothing is left to the imagination any more with most trailers giving too much away. I also hate this trend of including things in the trailer that aren't actually in the film, simply to mislead the audience. I always feel cheated by that and actually find it super lazy. 90s films and trailers were the peak for me.

Loop Trump GIF

Nah, there's been plenty of good trailers in the 80's and 90's, even some in 00's.
This stupidity is a staple of recent times, mostly last 15 years, and after 'the Trailer Voice Guy' died, which goes with talentless everything else.
New trailers just irritate me with its copy/paste use of crappy music boom-boom-BOOM cut the scene approach, so I just don't watch them at all, while earlier liked to view the trailers separately, intentionally.
I've been going to the cinema since the early 70's. They've always been ****.....