Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 4 Votes
Title: The Creator

Tagline: Humanity evolves.

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Thriller

Director: Gareth Edwards

Cast: John David Washington, Gemma Chan, Sturgill Simpson, Allison Janney, Marc Menchaca, Ken Watanabe, Amar Chadha-Patel

Release: 2023-09-29

Plot: Described as a post-apocalyptic thriller involving a future impacted by a war between humans and AI.

Been waiting for this to drop. Pretty cool how they managed to keep this a complete secret. I remember then this film was called "True Love", I wonder if that was just a throw away placeholder title.
Trailer looks incredible.

Wow, looks amazing! Edwards has put out hit after hit IMO, so I'm really excited for this.

creator.jpeg

I hope this does well.
Its been a while since we've had a big movie like this that wasn't based on an already existing IP....

or is this based off something and i just dont know it?? haha

I hope this does well.
Its been a while since we've had a big movie like this that wasn't based on an already existing IP....

or is this based off something and i just dont know it?? haha
For that reason alone (being a new IP), it'll probably bomb... unless they promote the hell out of it. So many fresh and exciting sci-fis have failed massively in recent years, one example that springs to mind being Edge of Tomorrow. I'm also not sure Edwards' name is well known to the average cinema-goer, which is probably why they've tagged "from the director of Rogue One" on there, which would honestly be a big selling point for me at least lol.

Reactions: NateDog
For that reason alone (being a new IP), it'll probably bomb... unless they promote the hell out of it. So many fresh and exciting sci-fis have failed massively in recent years, one example that springs to mind being Edge of Tomorrow. I'm also not sure Edwards' name is well known to the average cinema-goer, which is probably why they've tagged "from the director of Rogue One" on there, which would honestly be a big selling point for me at least lol.
I thought edge of tomorrow did well and was well known?

This looks like something Neil Blomkamp should of done after district 9

Edge of Tomorrow WAS based on a graphic novel tho! haha

Yeah its not something like Tenet which had the Nolan name attached to it.

I thought edge of tomorrow did well and was well known?

This looks like something Neil Blomkamp should of done after district 9

It didn't do the best, so much so that the studio tried to change its name to LIVE DIE REPEAT.
Over time I think it did ok. Critically did well. But not a huge moneymaker with the budget it had.

It totally does!.... But Blomkamp's movies all bombed after d9!!! haha :ohno:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Edge of Tomorrow WAS based on a graphic novel tho! haha

Yeah its not something like Tenet which had the Nolan name attached to it.

It didn't do the best, so much so that the studio tried to change its name to LIVE DIE REPEAT.
Over time I think it did ok. Critically did well. But not a huge moneymaker with the budget it had.

I thought the attempted name change was before the movie came out tho. Edge of tomorrow is a better name anyway. And live die repeat is a great tag line for it.
It totally does!.... But Blomkamp's movies all bombed after d9!!! haha :ohno:
Haha yeah love D9 but hated Elysium however rewatched it again recently and it’s ages quite well and much preferred it this time around

Reactions: 3Maters and kaw
Wow, yeah, looks awesome, and came out of nowhere, but makes me feel like in the 90's, when I discovered and found out about new movies by watching trailers in the theater.
Looks like an extension of themes touched upon in Kubrick's A.I. (which managed to not be ruined entirely by Shpilzberg).
The only negative part is the no-charisma Washington's son, he's a terrible actor, but 'they' keep pushing him.

I'm there for anything Gareth Edwards puts out. His visual style is really interesting and he possesses a sincerity that I don't think we see in many other directors at the moment.

Not sure about Washington, honestly. Tenet was a dud, partly because of his inability to emote. But, maybe that will work here? Maybe? No? Nah, probably not. Ah well. Thankfully it looks like the movie has a lot more to offer than one flat actor.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database