The Crow (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: May 18, 2015
Purchase link: The Crow
Price: £16.99
Notes: Limited to 2500 Copies. Gloss Finish.

crow.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived today too (along with The Incredibles - which had a scratch on the front).

Overall I think it looks pretty good. I don't mind the graininess of the front, even the UK theatrical poster (using the same basic image) was specifically grainy. The spine is okay, not cluttered and the title is centralised. I'm not bothered about the back one way or another, and while re-using the same images inside is a tad lazy, it's hardly a deal-breaker. It's nice and glossy, and doesn't feature any embossing which I think would have ruined it.

Shame it's still got the same shoddy disc inside though.

FFS I really cant win with Zavvi this arrived today along with The Incredibles (which has paint chips) both copies of The Crow have defects one had numerous scratches on the back the other copy of the The Crow has got paint chips on the front at the bottom :mad:. Tempted to swap the mint front with the defect so I have at least a perfect copy.

I did not get delivery today so I expect it will arrive on Monday or Tuesday

Its looks great the steelbook and their first attempts at steelbooks they are not bad
All so far have been gloss finish

Inside artwork yes would have been better if was different but I'm sure future release they will improve that and I have had with other releases with fantastic inside artwork but the outside was a disappointment
I rather have a steelbook that the outside was good than good inside artwork

I still get surprised with Zavvi with delivery times and I wonder do they use different companies for collection of parcels to be posted and they then are not really posted till a later date

Sometimes I get orders delivered in 3-4 days but most arrive in 5-6 days and other times it can be 10-14 days
I have had though recently 2 orders for different releases that never showed up but luckily they were still in stock and the funny part was the replacements got delivered in 3 days

Its possible also that sometimes we get a dispatch notice but its not really been posted until later due to backlog of collections and who they use

I did not get delivery today so I expect it will arrive on Monday or Tuesday

Its looks great the steelbook and their first attempts at steelbooks they are not bad
All so far have been gloss finish

Inside artwork yes would have been better if was different but I'm sure future release they will improve that and I have had with other releases with fantastic inside artwork but the outside was a disappointment
I rather have a steelbook that the outside was good than good inside artwork

I still get surprised with Zavvi with delivery times and I wonder do they use different companies for collection of parcels to be posted and they then are not really posted till a later date

Sometimes I get orders delivered in 3-4 days but most arrive in 5-6 days and other times it can be 10-14 days
I have had though recently 2 orders for different releases that never showed up but luckily they were still in stock and the funny part was the replacements got delivered in 3 days

Its possible also that sometimes we get a dispatch notice but its not really been posted until later due to backlog of collections and who they use

there is post tommorrow you know ;)

I don't know about anyone else but mine came from Guernsey, maybe this is the source of the delays for some ninjas?
Almost all zavvi steelbooks are shipped from Guernsey, so not an explanation there, however, mine finally arrived today, along with The Incredibles (which was shipped on Wednesday), so its all a bit of a mystery, I suspect a misplaced pallet/cage at zavvis goods outward or Royal Mails depot somewhere....

I haven't opened my Crow steelbook yet, so can't say what condition it's in, but I'm sure to report any issues.

Reactions: Ronnie3067
So it arrived today, the back is covered in scratches going from left to right of thr steelbook, its like someone purposely dragged it along a brick wall, it also has a massive paint chip in the top right.

Very pissed off with this release.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 156
So it arrived today, the back is covered in scratches going from left to right of thr steelbook, its like someone purposely dragged it along a brick wall, it also has a massive paint chip in the top right.

Wow similar to me but yours was worse then mine.

IMG-20150516-00190.jpg

Luckily I ordered two when they did 2 for £30 and one was damaged on the front and the other damaged on the back. Did some steelbook surgery this morning and now have a perfect copy. The amount of returns I have to do with Zavvi is ridiculous. I know they don't make the steelbooks, but I have had numerous spine slashes dents and scratches it is unbelievable.

This lends weight to a previous post I made in the Sleepy Hollow steelbook thread, that the likely cause is the staff at the film studios distribution and media filling centers are responsible for this kind of damage.

They will have stacks of empty steels, and discs, and are probably sliding them across a bench like a production line, causing the grazing/scratches, and as this range is EIV first batch of steels, they probably have no idea of how vulnerable to damage steelbooks are.

I still haven't checked mine yet, but will later on, fingers crossed.....:cautious:

This lends weight to a previous post I made in the Sleepy Hollow steelbook thread, that the likely cause is the staff at the film studios distribution and media filling centers are responsible for this kind of damage.

They will have stacks of empty steels, and discs, and are probably sliding them across a bench like a production line, causing the grazing/scratches, and as this range is EIV first batch of steels, they probably have no idea of how vulnerable to damage steelbooks are.

I still haven't checked mine yet, but will later on, fingers crossed.....:cautious:
Sleepy Hollow was different that was a production problem at scanavo as the scratches on that steelbook was underneath the gloss finish

After scanavo deliver steelbooks to film distributors its then possible for steelbooks to get damaged before and after the discs and jcard are done and this can happen for lots of different reasons but when its damage underneath the gloss finish its not caused by film distributor process of putting discs in or attaching a jcard etc

Last edited:
OK, so now I've had a chance to open mine and check for damage, and unfortunately, yes, I've got problems as well, some scratches on the back, imperfections such as grit/dirt embedded on the front (as pictured) and tiny dings on the back as well. But the most issue I have is the paint stretching in the corners, this is the worst I have ever seen, I'm aware that steels these days are susceptible to this now to a small degree, but this is taking the piss... :punch:

I have attatched photos to show the scratches, imperfections and corner paint stretching.

Also too note, I can feel the scratches by running my nail across the scratches, and visually see some are NOT below the gloss..

Attachments

• crow 4 damaged.jpg
    crow 4 damaged.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 143
  • paint stretching 2.JPG
    paint stretching 2.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 150
  • paint stretching.JPG
    paint stretching.JPG
    233.4 KB · Views: 152