The Dark Knight (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #61) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: TBA
Group buy: hosted by Wreck
Note: 4K + BD + Bonus disc

111.jpg000.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelbook for TDK is so bad, while BB and TDK R are ok.
I think among all artworks from premium retailers best is from MantaLAB and it's most consistent also. Always different character which is main to that particular movie. I only hope rest will be ok.
For me TDK DL is definitely the best artwork and OC TDK R.

I think among all artworks from premium retailers best is from MantaLAB and it's most consistent also. Always different character which is main to that particular movie.
You sure about that? I mean personal preference an all that but hdz did the same thing first, and with iconic posters to boot, not just static cut and paste character shots.

Unless manta pull off something awesome for the rears, I expect I'll actually prefer the blufans steels over their's tbh.

20221026_104723.jpg

You sure about that? I mean personal preference an all that but hdz did the same thing first, and with iconic posters to boot, not just static cut and paste character shots.

Unless manta pull off something awesome for the rears, I expect I'll actually prefer the blufans steels over their's tbh.

View attachment 544088

I'm sure.
Characters are all facing front and in same direction and also background is placed for all same. HDZ all have smh added - BB bats, TDKR helmet and Bane is showing his back...
Sure everyone has their own opinion but i really think if you put them all alongside as triology Manta steels are most consistent ones.
I'm just curious with what they'll come along as their OC's and othe stuff.
The only thing i do know is that i won't be able to put them in HDZ motherbox, unlike Blufans OC's which fits perfectly in HDZ motherbox.

I'm sure.
Characters are all facing front and in same direction and also background is placed for all same. HDZ all have smh added - BB bats, TDKR helmet and Bane is showing his back...
Sure everyone has their own opinion but i really think if you put them all alongside as triology Manta steels are most consistent ones.
I'm just curious with what they'll come along as their OC's and othe stuff.
The only thing i do know is that i won't be able to put them in HDZ motherbox, unlike Blufans OC's which fits perfectly in HDZ motherbox.
I'd say manta's are probably too similar in that regard. They're essentially mirror images of one another, cropped to match, which isn't typical of theatrical posters for different films.

HDZ have used 3 iconic theatrical posters for each film, which happen to centre around the main protagonist. Manta have used character posters, which just don't compare imo.

They're both consistent in that respect, but I get what you mean and that manta's are evidently more to your taste.

Interesting that the blufans OCs fit in the hdz motherbox, but no, mantas OCs are a different size. I am Interested what designs they'll come up with for the rest of their set, as there's very little art that hasn't already been used now, twice lol

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I'd say manta's are probably too similar in that regard. They're essentially mirror images of one another, cropped to match, which isn't typical of theatrical posters for different films.

HDZ have used 3 iconic theatrical posters for each film, which happen to centre around the main protagonist. Manta have used character posters, which just don't compare imo.

They're both consistent in that respect, but I get what you mean and that manta's are evidently more to your taste.

Interesting that the blufans OCs fit in the hdz motherbox, but no, mantas OCs are a different size. I am Interested what designs they'll come up with for the rest of their set, as there's very little art that hasn't already been used now, twice lol

They are releasing this set last so they have least material to work with.
I mean maybe ML OC's will fit but every ML OC edition which i own doesn't fit into motherbox so i guess there's 0 chance that this one will.

I've made this point before but I've made this diagram to illustrate my point better. Individually I think the artwork choices are stunning but as a whole the trilogy is really well designed. The composition, eye line, posing and posture of the bat point toward the centre to make a really strong, symmetrical layout. One that draws your eyes into the middle. Maybe I'm reaching here but it almost looks like a bat symbol in itself. You don't have to like Blufans choices but it's unfair to say that they don't work well together just because they're not 3 variants of the same poster.
dktril.jpg

I've made this point before but I've made this diagram to illustrate my point better. Individually I think the artwork choices are stunning but as a whole the trilogy is really well designed. The composition, eye line, posing and posture of the bat point toward the centre to make a really strong, symmetrical layout. One that draws your eyes into the middle. Maybe I'm reaching here but it almost looks like a bat symbol in itself. You don't have to like Blufans choices but it's unfair to say that they don't work well together just because they're not 3 variants of the same poster. View attachment 544094
Wtf! This is my favourite group of steels/ artworks for the films anyway regardless of TDK not matching but you’ve just blown my mind!

How the f**k did you even spot that

Reactions: Patr0n and Hereticz
Wouldn't Joker and Bane be the ANtagonist not the PROtagonist?
Yes lol but you know what i meant. Each film focuses mainly on the 3 characters appearing on the steels. They're all Batman films, but TDK and TDKR are far more wrapped up in Joker and Bane then they are Batman.

Steelbook artwork sure i dig them most. I think both 2nd and 3rd part are wrapped more around Joker and Bane than around Batman like samdavies said.
Regarding OC artwork i like Blufans most so far.
Definitely Manta has tough work since they're releasing last but still they can be best.
Blufans sure is good, but once again they've proven they are WORST regarding quality control.
So thx but releasing smh great doesn't help if QC sux. Hell i don't care since mine OC's will be sealed. >.<

So it’s another transitional! Which means the rises SL will be the same. Downer.

Only positive is they have some depth

Reactions: djjez83