The Dark Knight (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. ?) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA

275194509_4905030216273714_4927130614186274342_n.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 528465

Quickly lining up all the premium releases, I have to say they are all awesome and look great.
HDzeta has my favorite Batman Begins artwork, but I really like the other two as well. The Batman Begins steels are my favorites in each set.
Manta's The Dark Knight artwork is my favorite, with HDzeta's being second. I like the Blufans artwork a lot, but I think seeing it next to BB and TDKR and how "different" it is compared to those has subconsciously made it my third place.
When it comes to The Dark Knight Rises I like all three artworks but prefer having Bane on the front.
Comparing the full sets, Manta Lab's The Dark Knight Trilogy in my opinion is the only one that looks like a truly fitting set and that puts it above the others for me. I like it the most and will definitely go for it :batman:
I also appreciate the continuity of the manta steels. When you line them up like that though, the hdz set absolutely trounces the other 2 without a shadow of a doubt imo. Blufans' are actually the worst, as they're all just bats. Blufans TDKR is the worst of all 9 steels. Such a lazy, boring image.

I also appreciate the continuity of the manta steels. When you line them up like that though, the hdz set absolutely trounces the other 2 without a shadow of a doubt imo. Blufans' are actually the worst, as they're all just bats. Blufans TDKR is the worst of all 9 steels. Such a lazy, boring image.
To be fair, the HDzeta steels are the only ones not pictured in an angle and they have the highest resolution. That could be a factor in judging the beauty of the sets based on the pic I posted. I would like to compare them again as soon as the official beauty shots are released. Or even better when in hand photos are available.

Last edited:
To be fair, the HDzeta steels are the only ones not pictured in an angle and they have the highest resolution. That could be a factor in judging the beauty of the sets based on the pic I posted. I would like to compare them again as soon as the official beauty shots are released. Or even better when in hand photos are available.
Understand your point, but i have the hdz ones, so I'm already aware how fantastic they are lol I am purely talking about the images used though. It does help that TDK and TDKR uses my favourite poster for both films...

Reactions: spider-bat
View attachment 528465

Quickly lining up all the premium releases, I have to say they are all awesome and look great.
HDzeta has my favorite Batman Begins artwork, but I really like the other two as well. The Batman Begins steels are my favorites in each set.
Manta's The Dark Knight artwork is my favorite, with HDzeta's being second. I like the Blufans artwork a lot, but I think seeing it next to BB and TDKR and how "different" it is compared to those has subconsciously made it my third place.
When it comes to The Dark Knight Rises I like all three artworks but prefer having Bane on the front.
Comparing the full sets, Manta Lab's The Dark Knight Trilogy in my opinion is the only one that looks like a truly matching set and that puts it above the others for me. I like it the most and will definitely go for it :batman:
Thanks for taking the time to make the image. I really like how the blufans have the batman point toward the centre (Batman Begins pointing right, The Dark Knight Rises pointing left and The Dark Knight being centred). Even though they're not matching, they're cohesive and work well. I think despite the criticism of TDK not matching, blufans actually has the best designed set. Almost a symmetrical composition when put together. None of the 9 are particularly bad though.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to make the images. I really like how the blufans have the batman point toward the centre (Batman Begins pointing right, The Dark Knight Rises pointing left and The Dark Knight being centred). Even though they're not matching, they're cohesive and work well. I think despite the criticism of TDK not matching, blufans actually has the best designed set. Almost a symmetrical composition when put together. None of the 9 are particularly bad though.
That's a cool interpretation of the Blufans set, I like the idea of Batman pointing toward the centre. It's really nice and interesting to see how everyone has their own reasons as to why liking/preferring a set, it enriches all three of them :thumbs:

View attachment 528465

Comparing the full sets, Manta Lab's The Dark Knight Trilogy in my opinion is the only one that looks like a truly matching set and that puts it above the others for me. I like it the most and will definitely go for it :batman:

I’m the other way round. Whilst I think all sets look great together. We do have 3 great trilogy releases of steels. The bluflans all lined up like that just does It for my eyes. I find each artwork the complete opposite of boring and lazy. And they all have great back arts. Even better than the zeta ones tbh. Obviously we haven’t seen mantas yet. But yeah for me the blufans just wins because of the artworks and colour tones. Especially on those posters for TDK & TDKR with the subtle green/ blueish purple. Always been a fan of them.

But they do all look great lined up like that. Will happily own them all

I’m the other way round. Whilst I think all sets look great together. We do have 3 great trilogy releases of steels. The bluflans all lined up like that just does It for my eyes. I find each artwork the complete opposite of boring and lazy. And they all have great back arts. Even better than the zeta ones tbh. Obviously we haven’t seen mantas yet. But yeah for me the blufans just wins because of the artworks and colour tones. Especially on those posters for TDK & TDKR with the subtle green/ blueish purple. Always been a fan of them.

That's awesome. You have to do an in hand photo of all 9 steels together as soon as you own them all :thanks:

Reactions: Flloydo
That's awesome. You have to do an in hand photo of all 9 steels together as soon as you own them all :thanks:
Well I already own the zeta and got all the blufans on pre order. So they are all good but still got to order manta when it comes around to pre orders. So I could miss out but so far so good for 5/6 years of ordering. Happily will when I get them all.

I’ve been very slack with photos recently but that will be a must photo when all are in hand

after checking all artworks again...
bb
1. blufans
2. hdzeta
3. manta lab

tdk
1. manta lab
2. hdzeta
3. blufans

tdkr
1. blufans
2. hdzeta
3. manta lab

ml & hdz
hero / antagonist / antagonist
scarecrow should be on the front of the steelbook or batman on the front of all 3 steelbooks and the antagonists on the back.

blufans
complete / head / complete, but at least batman on all fronts. all 3 have something in common, so blufans has a matching set.

we still have to see the back artworks od the manta lab & blufans steelbooks. the hdzeta back artworks are totally crap!

Same here, also like the Blufans set most when I see them all lined up like that. They did best photoshop work, title font and placement are perfect and much better then HDZ and ML. Plus the embossed frame and title will work beautifully here. For me, Blufans all the way, winner hands down.

Then HDZ, their BB art is the best of them all, abolute gorgeous stuff.

ML for me is weakest of the three, I dont like that character pose. TDK is superb artwork, but I dont feel it here, on a Steelbook. I think HDZ made great choice to pick this artwork for SL, amazing edition.

And overall, the best matching set is Blufans for me - all three steels with Batman on front. Professionalism :cigar: :coffee:

Last edited:
after checking all artworks again...
bb
1. blufans
2. hdzeta
3. manta lab

tdk
1. manta lab
2. hdzeta
3. blufans

tdkr
1. blufans
2. hdzeta
3. manta lab

ml & hdz
hero / antagonist / antagonist
scarecrow should be on the front of the steelbook or batman on the front of all 3 steelbooks and the antagonists on the back.

blufans
complete / head / complete, but at least batman on all fronts. all 3 have something in common, so blufans has a matching set.

we still have to see the back artworks od the manta lab & blufans steelbooks. the hdzeta back artworks are totally crap!
I understand your idea of matching sets and with that definition Blufans is the obvious choice for you and others. My view is a bit different, I actually hoped for Batman on BB, Joker on TDK and Bane on TDKR on the front of the steels, as they are great representations of each movie imo. Without going to deep I feel BB is truly about Batman and his origin and a little less about the villains, while I believe in TDK and TDKR Joker and Bane are equally important as Batman. But that's just my view. And design wise Mantas set matches the most for me, as all characters are equally sized and placed on the steel. That's why I think it matches the most. But as we learned everyone has it's own way, and especially @matthewtheunicorn 's interpretation of the BF set made me appreciate and like it more.

View attachment 528465

Interesting seeing them all together like that, and they all look great in their own right, but for me it's ML > BF > HDZ.

I have the HD Zeta complete Motherbox set and it is still the best one out there IMO. Having said that, I will undoubtedly get at least the Manta DK one click. I passed on the BF which didn’t wow me based on what they’ve shown so far.

With this release and the newly announced UK ultimate editions, I honestly can’t count how many versions of this movie I have and will continue to get. Obviously, it’s one of my top favorites.

These are pretty good, although that image of Joker is on the back of one of WWA steelbooks.
I did want that Bane art from the back of HDZeta box for TDKR.
Don't like the Blufans TDK steel, thus not getting their whole trilogy of releases.
Best front arts for me are on UHD Club boxes.
Best Batman Begins steelbook seems to be on the new WWA 'Ultimate' release, but maybe I think so just because it's fresh, and matches the second steel of Batman in front of the cityscape for TDK.
I missed, and don't really want, HDZeta, skipping Blufans, so will buy these, and the studio Ultimate editions, that will make it 4 steelbooks per movie, plus some other 'one offs', not counting digibooks and digipacks.

So after all the talk of which premium trilogy will be best I thought I'd take a pic of every edition of the trilogy I currently own

View attachment 528574

And yes I'll be getting both Blufans and ML OC's for each film :LOL::rofl:

What are the 3 above the lower U.K. steels and Canadian steel? Not the white (Japanese?) steels. To the right of those