Digibook The Dark Knight Rises (Batman/Bane) Target Exclusive Blu-ray Digibook [USA]

herpderp

Collectibles Mod
Premium Supporter
Sep 4, 2011
Sweden
Release Date: December 4, 2012
Price: $31.99
MOD UPDATE: The cover is apparently lenticular, and the 2 photos below show the images that appear when the cover is rotated.
http://www.target.com/p/the-dark-knight-rises-only-at-target-blu-ray-dvd-2012/-/A-14199527

Lenticular cover with both arts:
tdkr2_US.jpg

tdkr1_US.jpg

Actual pics: (tx to tariqd)
View attachment 21523
https://www.hidefninja.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21524/img]
[attach=full]21525[/attach]
[attach=full]21526[/attach]
[attach=full]21527[/attach][/spoiler]

[b]Release trailer:[/b]
[spoiler][media=youtube]OtsDtEkVGrw[/media][/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
You never know with Target for pre-orders. They said the Hunger Games was online only and POW! you see everywhere in the stores. Could be the same for the bigger title like TDKR.

Yes I knew about Momento and Inception but for Batman/The Dark Knight, this is the first lenticular for blu-ray, DVD, HD-DVD, steelbook, digibook, digipack, tin, metal slip case, what have you.

My point is - this one is HOT!!!:oohyeah::oohyeah:

Dawg, how I love TDKR Ive had an extra bounce in my step since 2:00 this morning!! :oohyeah: I predict a midnight release party with juice and cookies and this... "The Digibook of a Lifetime." :oohyeah:

Reactions: ash333
You never know with Target for pre-orders. They said the Hunger Games was online only and POW! you see everywhere in the stores. Could be the same for the bigger title like TDKR.

Yes I knew about Momento and Inception but for Batman/The Dark Knight, this is the first lenticular for blu-ray, DVD, HD-DVD, steelbook, digibook, digipack, tin, metal slip case, what have you.

My point is - this one is HOT!!!:oohyeah::oohyeah:

The Batman Begins Limited Edition DVD and Blu-ray box set had a lenticular cover and the 2-disc edition for the DVD had a lenticular slipbox. :)

Reactions: ash333
Target.com just put the pre-order up but it says "Backordered" and will ship in the next 2-4 weeks. But after checking out, it blows away your cart and no order :dunno:

Somebody better not be messing with this item.

I put an order in for one and I didn't have that problem. I just checked my account it the order is still there.

Target is full of it! After trying to place an order on every browser on my Macbook (Safari, Google C, Firefox) all cleared cart at the end. So I try to place the order over the phone and someway they say its a problem after keeping me on for nearly 40 mins! If Twilight and The Hunger Games made it to the store Im sure a Top 10 Grossing movie of all-time with the label Target Exclusive will too. Im through with the pre-order crap that locks the price in even if it goes down crap. If Target screws this release up I will never go there again!!! Ahhhggggh! :angry:

Target is full of it! After trying to place an order on every browser on my Macbook (Safari, Google C, Firefox) all cleared cart at the end. So I try to place the order over the phone and someway they say its a problem after keeping me on for nearly 40 mins! If Twilight and The Hunger Games made it to the store Im sure a Top 10 Grossing movie of all-time with the label Target Exclusive will too. Im through with the pre-order crap that locks the price in even if it goes down crap. If Target screws this release up I will never go there again!!! Ahhhggggh! :angry:

Don't burst an artery Blu! Sooner or later, they will fix it. It's too huge of a title for them not to fix it soon. Relax and give them at least a week to get this right :D

Reactions: Bluprint
Don't burst an artery Blu! Sooner or later, they will fix it. It's too huge of a title for them not to fix it soon. Relax and give them at least a week to get this right :D

Thanks Ash! Im going over board man, Im obsessing, but is that not why you are here... wrong movie. But yeah, I have calmed down and realized that all our fellow ninjas including myself will have the chance to get this regardless. Online Only is just a ploy, Avengers Target Exclusive still says NOT SOLD IN STORES :hilarious:

http://www.target.com/p/marvel-s-th...ck-includes-90-minute-bonus-disc/-/A-14095158

Last edited:
Maybe this won't be lenticular. Target will release two digibooks. One with Batman one with Bane.

It could be two but then Target.com would have two different SKUs to pre-order. But since they only have one, there is still a chance this could be lenticular. And as pointed out earlier, Batman Begins had a lenticular cover in that Blu-ray collector's edition. Maybe this Target exclusive will have a lenticular cover to close the trilogy :D:scat:

Oh yes, the Target.com site now allows pre-order to go through :oohyeah::oohyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
I predict a midnight release party with juice and cookies and this...

Here in Palm Springs it's more likely to be a midnight cocktail party with a dozen drag queens all dressed as Catwoman.

I really hope it's available in store as I leave California on December 6!