South Korea
Release date: December 30th, 2014
Pre-order price: $35.99 for each steelbook and $107 for one-click option
Purchase link: (sold-out)
One Click (3 editions)
Lenticular
Full Slip A
Full Slip B
Group Buy: apsmith21 (USA) or Masterblaster (Worldwide)
Notes: 2 disc, Steelbook artwork WWA

Pre-order date & time: 18th December, 23:00 Korea time (UTC +9)
CHECK THIS TIME CONVERTER TO FIND OUT THE GO LIVE TIMING IN YOUR COUNTRY.

Package type
1) Full Slip A-type 300 copies (Order limit : 1 copy per order)
2) Full Slip B-type 300 copies (Order limit : 1 copy per order)
3) Lenticular 500 copies (Order limit : 2 copies per order)
4) One click option 200 copies (Order limit: 1 copy per order, Same number from 1 to 200)

TDKR.jpg

Package shots:
lenticular.jpg
fullslipA.jpg
fullslipB.jpg

Package details
- Lenticular slip with Numbered sticker(500 copy)
- Full slip 01 with Numbered sticker(500 copy)
- Full slip 02 with Numbered sticker(500 copy)
Note: There is no plan to release first two BB & TDK from Nova and other country
Please check details on https://www.facebook.com/NOVAMEDIA

Last edited by a moderator:
No interest if they aren't doing all 3 to match one another.

Even without the other 2, I would still get this as a standalone edition. Some sets take a while to complete and this is one of those. I have long craved the custom edition created by Zesty but only a couple got it. Then again, those with the white and wurple editions too had incomplete sets. If you like it, just go for it. You never know if an opportunity will present itself for you to complete it. Coupled with the fact that Nova have released some wonderful editions, it is well worth it by itself IMO

Even without the other 2, I would still get this as a standalone edition. Some sets take a while to complete and this is one of those. I have long craved the custom edition created by Zesty but only a couple got it. Then again, those with the white and wurple editions too had incomplete sets. If you like it, just go for it. You never know if an opportunity will present itself for you to complete it. Coupled with the fact that Nova have released some wonderful editions, it is well worth it by itself IMO

I'll be grabbing it because my white BB and DK need their "third wheel" to feel complete. :D

Reactions: frankfish44
It would depend on what the Full Slips and Lenticular slip look likes and other extras goodies that will be included

As it stands I'm not blown away with the Artwork its not making me want it as this moment in time
The back Artwork is not making me want this
Also the fact that they clearly have said there is no plans to release first two BB & TDK from Nova is another reason I most likely will be passing on this

I'm happy with my HMV Steelbook and I did not bother with the other version released last year

Last edited:
I'm definitely in for one of these. Which ever one appeals to my eye will be the one I get. This definitely deserved a tripack but it would come with less options probably so the standalone release comes with choices, which is great for collectors but bad for completists.

Reactions: MK50 and harry
I was hoping for less editions and now they already make 3 different exclusive versions (2 not enough?) and also such a low number :grumpy: I see this selling out within minutes.

Call it greed, call it business but three versions of the same steelbook that is not exclusive to a particular brand and really is just three different covers with maybe a few postcards thrown in is cynical. Steelbook collectors, of which I am one are now seen as a bunch of suckers who can be duped into buying old releases and half baked movies multiple times at premium prices by what used to be a nice shiny metal box but now comes down to 3 different cardboard covers.

And, yes, we all know the old line that is trotted out, "...you dont have to buy..." but it plays on the fact that we have invested so much before into our collections we dont want to break or stop so we keep on buying. So, I am like every other collector, we get pulled in all too easily but these companies know that and take advantage but...business is business i guess...

Finally as ive said before once they release these again as 4k discs in new steelbooks our current investment will be downgraded to the same current status of dvd steelbooks...eg look how cheaply and freely you can pick up an Iron Man dvd steelbook now.

There're so many different versions of Nolan's Batman films, but each are very nice and distinct. Might be in for this one. Double, triple, quadruple dips, anyone?

I wish I was as excited as some of you here. But the steelbook on its own doesn't appeal to me that much. But of course, we don't know all of the details yet. Plus, theres lenti and full slip; only they have the capacity to change my mind now.

No interest for me. The Dark Knight Rises was the weakest of the three and definitely suffered from sequel fatigue.