The Dark Knight Rises - In theaters July 20, 2012

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Tagline: The Legend Ends

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Christopher Nolan[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Christian Bale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Caine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gary Oldman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anne Hathaway[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hardy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marion Cotillard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joseph Gordon-Levitt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Morgan Freeman[/ACTOR]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]165[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Following the death of District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman assumes responsibility for Dent's crimes to protect the late attorney's reputation and is subsequently hunted by the Gotham City Police Department. Eight years later, Batman encounters the mysterious Selina Kyle and the villainous Bane, a new terrorist leader who overwhelms Gotham's finest. The Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
dEYnvnUfXrqvqeRSqvIEtmzhoA8.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Batman.jpg
From IMDB:

Old info:
The fact that there will be another Batman film in Christopher Nolan’s presumptive trilogy is assumed by just about everyone, despite the fact that there has been no formal announcement of the film. But in the runup to the release of Nolan’s Inception, which opens on July 16, there is already some talk about what the next Batman film might look like.

Wally Pfister is the cinematographer responsible for all of Christopher Nolan’s features from Memento on, and his photography was one of the things I liked best about The Dark Knight. He captured Chicago-as-Gotham with a simplicity and clarity that was very uncharacteristic of most superhero films. Now he’s talking about possibilities for the third film, including the option of 3D. Hint: don’t expect Batman 3D.

Cinematical spoke to Pfister when the Dallas Film Society presented him with the Star Award for accomplishments in cinematography. The site promises a full interview in which Pfister explains the “mutual disinterest” he and Christopher Nolan have for 3D. But they do quote him saying,
What Chris and I have talked about is doing something cool and something interesting…Brad Bird was [saying] ‘you’ve got to shoot the whole thing in IMAX!’ I was like, yeah, I’ve talked to Chris about that.

There’s also another comment, which seems to refer to shooting more of this upcoming film in IMAX:

But I think Chris is game for doing something interesting like that, Lord knows that the 3-D fad might pass by the time that summer comes around.

AICN, meanwhile, got a few more of Pfister’s comments from a tipster. Both the cinematographer and Nolan are disinterested in digital cinematography and very much prefer to shoot on film. That’s the root of their disinterest in 3D, which Pfister said is “great for like amusement park rides like the ‘Honey I Shrunk The Kids’ ride at Disneyland.” Pfister also called 3D a distraction and not realistic.

The appeal of IMAX and the disinterest in 3D both come from that love of shooting on film. While 3D lacks realism, shooting in IMAX has huge latitude, and captures incredible detail. The downside to IMAX is that the cameras are bulky and loud, and the format is expensive.

FYI, Batman on Film is saying that Warner Bros. will officially announce the third Batman film in July. Which isn’t that much of a deductive leap, as Nolan hasn’t been interested in talking about Batman while he finishes Inception, and that movie is released in July. Plus, there’s that little Comic Con gathering in San Diego. So expect more news in July.

/Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/21...-pfister-talks-batman-3-and-3d/#ixzz0llqYzWTi

Can't wait!
the-dark-knight-rises-teaser-poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
all of you with your super long posts about the film, i have 2 words to say to that movie, which i just got back from at 3am :) and that is

"f**king amazing"

simple as that ;)

I'll make this short and sweet:
I had a tear to my eye in the last 5 minutes of the movie. That concluded a well driven Trilogy and poor who will have to try to reboot this in a few years...

In fairness I did state I separated my thoughts of the comic from this set of movies but you can't have too much separation, Bane does break Batman's back, Batman and Catwoman have a love intreset. Nolan drew on these stories from Batmans arcs in order to use them in the movies and leave people satisfied. And I really should clarify that I did enjoy the movie and I did think it was awesome and as a trilogy it worked very well but I still like TDK over TDKR.

Honestly my biggest point I am struggling with is the end. Batman is my favorite superhero bar none so I just can't live without Bruce with Alfred in Wayne Manor fighting crime, whihc is what makes this ending hard for me.

Even if he ends up with Selina. And why couldn't Alfred have run into him somewhere else. Of course it had to be at that cafe... :hilarious:

thoughts in spoiler:

all valid points my friend. I just think Im really happy with what was presented to me on screen and Im not going to over-think it. Just taking it in at face value as an excellent movie. I will however go as far as agreeing with you that if someone in this moment asked me to rate the movies from 1-3 ... I would say TDK #1, TDKR #2 and BB at #3. But to make a final assessment I think I would have to see TDKR again. Again BUT when you forget about looking at the movies individually and rather as trilogy.... BEST TRILOGY EVER! and it couldn't happen to a better superhero then Batman. Nolan IMO from a movie perspective has done this character justice on screen like no one has before and I weep for those that will attempt to do it after him. Going to be the toughest act to follow in the world of re-boots unlike Superman which they have F'ed up enough times, lol.

Im kind of sad though as well that the Nolan/Bale era of Batman is over

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

I'll make this short and sweet:
I had a tear to my eye in the last 5 minutes of the movie. That concluded a well driven Trilogy and poor who will have to try to reboot this in a few years...

^^^ yup feel so sorry for those that will try follow this trilogy up. There should be like a legal time limit they have to wait after a trilogy this epic has been made :p

all of you with your super long posts about the film, i have 2 words to say to that movie, which i just got back from at 3am :) and that is

"f**king amazing"

simple as that ;)

^^^ amen to that joswin.

Just back. Got up at 6am this morning and watched the first two with my son and then headed to the Cinema.

I'll not bore you all with a review but I'll simply say that it was all I wanted it to be and all my excitement during the run up to this was totally justified.

Am i the only one who was incredibly disappointed by this? Ive been reading reviews all over the net giving it top marks and some people saying its the best film ever made. I thought it was by far the weakest of the trilogy and pritty much all the action i had already seen in the trailer. I thought the ending was good and ended the trilogy well but i dunno i just think my expectations were too high and thats why i left disappointed. As for Bain i thought Tom Hardy was good but the voice was doing my head in and he was really hard to understand at some points.It was nothing compared to the Avengers for me which i watched 4 times at the cinema lol! I would not go watch this again. Incredibly disappointed, it wasn't bad by any means but i just thought it was gonna be epic from Nolan and it really wasn't for me.

Am i the only one who was incredibly disappointed by this? Ive been reading reviews all over the net giving it top marks and some people saying its the best film ever made. I thought it was by far the weakest of the trilogy and pritty much all the action i had already seen in the trailer. I thought the ending was good and ended the trilogy well but i dunno i just think my expectations were too high and thats why i left disappointed. As for Bain i thought Tom Hardy was good but the voice was doing my head in and he was really hard to understand at some points.It was nothing compared to the Avengers for me which i watched 4 times at the cinema lol! I would not go watch this again. Incredibly disappointed, it wasn't bad by any means but i just thought it was gonna be epic from Nolan and it really wasn't for me.

I didn't really like this film either... It was the weakest of the 3 for me. I want to see it again and see if I like it better, but we'll see.

I liked Bane's voice but I did have a few moments where I had no clue what he said.

It was funny seeing Gardena city and Figueroa street in downtown LA pose as "Gotham" street. I was waiting for the moment the Staples center showed up on the street lol

Watched The Dark Knight last night in preparation (man what a film!!! Forgot just how good it is!), and I'm off to see The Dark Knight Rises in 2 hours :D

Saw the Dark Knight Rises last night and I thought it was awesome. :scat:

Loved how everything came together, didn't feel anything was dragged on, had a 'Batman Begins' feel in certain parts, flashbacks, the twist in one particular scene at end, fitting ending, etc.

I was able to hear the words out of Bane's mouth 95% of the time.

Anna Hathaway did a great job as Catwoman. I thought she would be the weakest link but no.

Definitely going to see film again.

Last edited:
Does anyone know who was Anne Hathaway's stunt double(s) in this movie? I looked on IMDB.com but can't find any concrete info.

Well saw this earlier this morning....... superb!!!! Great ending to the trilogy. Bale was great as Wayne/Batman and Tom Hardy was FANTASTIC as Bane! Almost as good as Ledger as The Joker

Will definatly go and see it again, and then when the Blu-Ray is out I'll be looking forward to watching all 3 again

Awsome! a fitting ending to nolan's brilliant trilogy great performances from the main cast & ann hathaway's performance as catwoman was purrrfect :scat:

In my opinion...

"Lindy Hemming" should win for "Best Costume Design"

"Michael Caine" should win for "Best Supporting Actor"

"Christopher Nolan" should win for "Best Director"

and "The Dark Knight Rises" should win for "Best Picture"

Last edited:
In my opinion...

"Lindy Hemming" should win for "Best Costume Design"

"Michael Caine" should win for "Best Supporting Actor"

"Christopher Nolan" should win for "Best Director"

and "The Dark Knight Rises" should win for "Best Picture"

I agree...and don't forget Hans Zimmer for Best Musical Score, Lee Smith for Film Editing, and Wally Pfister for Cinematography.