The Dark Knight Rises - In theaters July 20, 2012

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Tagline: The Legend Ends

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Crime[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Christopher Nolan[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Christian Bale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Caine[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Gary Oldman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anne Hathaway[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Hardy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marion Cotillard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Joseph Gordon-Levitt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Morgan Freeman[/ACTOR]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]165[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Following the death of District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman assumes responsibility for Dent's crimes to protect the late attorney's reputation and is subsequently hunted by the Gotham City Police Department. Eight years later, Batman encounters the mysterious Selina Kyle and the villainous Bane, a new terrorist leader who overwhelms Gotham's finest. The Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
dEYnvnUfXrqvqeRSqvIEtmzhoA8.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Batman.jpg
From IMDB:

Old info:
The fact that there will be another Batman film in Christopher Nolan’s presumptive trilogy is assumed by just about everyone, despite the fact that there has been no formal announcement of the film. But in the runup to the release of Nolan’s Inception, which opens on July 16, there is already some talk about what the next Batman film might look like.

Wally Pfister is the cinematographer responsible for all of Christopher Nolan’s features from Memento on, and his photography was one of the things I liked best about The Dark Knight. He captured Chicago-as-Gotham with a simplicity and clarity that was very uncharacteristic of most superhero films. Now he’s talking about possibilities for the third film, including the option of 3D. Hint: don’t expect Batman 3D.

Cinematical spoke to Pfister when the Dallas Film Society presented him with the Star Award for accomplishments in cinematography. The site promises a full interview in which Pfister explains the “mutual disinterest” he and Christopher Nolan have for 3D. But they do quote him saying,
What Chris and I have talked about is doing something cool and something interesting…Brad Bird was [saying] ‘you’ve got to shoot the whole thing in IMAX!’ I was like, yeah, I’ve talked to Chris about that.

There’s also another comment, which seems to refer to shooting more of this upcoming film in IMAX:

But I think Chris is game for doing something interesting like that, Lord knows that the 3-D fad might pass by the time that summer comes around.

AICN, meanwhile, got a few more of Pfister’s comments from a tipster. Both the cinematographer and Nolan are disinterested in digital cinematography and very much prefer to shoot on film. That’s the root of their disinterest in 3D, which Pfister said is “great for like amusement park rides like the ‘Honey I Shrunk The Kids’ ride at Disneyland.” Pfister also called 3D a distraction and not realistic.

The appeal of IMAX and the disinterest in 3D both come from that love of shooting on film. While 3D lacks realism, shooting in IMAX has huge latitude, and captures incredible detail. The downside to IMAX is that the cameras are bulky and loud, and the format is expensive.

FYI, Batman on Film is saying that Warner Bros. will officially announce the third Batman film in July. Which isn’t that much of a deductive leap, as Nolan hasn’t been interested in talking about Batman while he finishes Inception, and that movie is released in July. Plus, there’s that little Comic Con gathering in San Diego. So expect more news in July.

/Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/21...-pfister-talks-batman-3-and-3d/#ixzz0llqYzWTi

Can't wait!
the-dark-knight-rises-teaser-poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched this for the first time, and now i'm kicking my self for all the **** i said about Nolan and Anne Hathaway.That woman looks sexy as hell in that Cat suit.

Reactions: Drum18
Just watched this for the first time, and now i'm kicking my self for all the **** i said about Nolan and Anne Hathaway.That woman looks sexy as hell in that Cat suit.

Same here. Had my doubts about Catwoman but now the more I watch her the more I like her. Just wish there was some release with her on the cover.

Reactions: Drum18
Got my hands on the Blu-Ray today. I just love when we get new releases early at work. TDK marathon tonight, all the extras tomorrow!! :D

Just watched TDKR last night and I loved Bane.

But there is one dang thing that bugs me throughout the trilogy.

In Batman Begins, you can easily believe you are in Gotham, in The Dark Knight its more evident you are in parts of Chicago, and in TDKR you can easily see that it takes place in NYC albeit a modified version.

Throughout the 3 films the scenery changes are so evident they distract me. =(

Otherwise..great trilogy..and lets do a fourth..but uhhh..lets give Robin a different name.. not very threatening. LOL

parts in Pittsburgh too. Still tho, imagine what someone from another Country thinks when watching it ... one not familiar with these US cities. I suppose they dont recognize anything and its all Gotham to them. In any case it didnt bother me too much personally and I loved it all. :)

One thing I thought tho ... Bane is very good ... but Joker's performance is amazing ... I wonder if Bane's performance (ie. Hardy etc) would have had more fan fare if he was the baddie in part 2 and Joker in part 3 .... Cause I think Ledger/Joker set the bar very high for Bane/Hardy.

I'm personally having problems with getting used to the NY area. Seeing it in the film I can't help myself but I only see NY instead of Gotham. Chicago was perfect for it imo.

Silent Guardian, Watchful Protector

Sorry to dig up an old thread as I am not sure where to post this but it must be shared. Here is another validation on the choice of Christian Bale to play Nolan's Batman, perhaps the best ever on the silver screen. Christian made this little boy's dream more than come through.

As one comment put it - "Christian Bale is not an actor. He is a silent guardian, a watchful protector, a dark knight."

Last edited by a moderator: