RELEASE DATE: Oct. 02, 2013
PRICE (at time of posting): 89,99 euro
ORDER: Amazon

61IfnHsrjpL._SL1200_.jpg

03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's really expensive.

- Batman Begins (2 Blu-ray + 1 DVD)
- Batman - The Dark Knight, the Black Knight (2 Blu-ray + 1 DVD)
- Batman - The Dark Knight Rises (2 Blu-ray + 1 DVD)
- 3 cars: the Batmobile (Tumbler), the Bat-Pod and Bat

I wonder what the quality of the cars will be like and the size.

... is that the ultimate collector boxset I was waiting for since TDKR release ? Seriously ?
I'm really disappointed !

I agree, I wasn't necessarily waiting for an all singing all dancing gift set, far from it, but I was at least hoping for a really nice premium boxset :(

I don't care about that random stuff they've thrown in the box, just give me new transfers WB!

Yes, if the "ultimate dark knight trilogy edition" was just three vehicles of Batman, I am disappointed too.

The problem is, most of the things that accompany 'ultimate' editions are things that Christopher Nolan avoids releasing. So if expectations are for extended cuts and reams of bonus features, there is bound to be some disappointment.

My realistic hopes, outside of a new transfer for at least Batman Begins, would be for some retrospective material, perhaps a continuation of the "Shadows of the Bat" featurettes from the Burton/Schumacher films, and some more deleted footage as a bonus feature (of which there is a good deal for TDKR at least). If some more behind-the-scenes footage can be found and put into featurettes, great!

What I expect to get is something like this set appears to be: A display-oriented set that most likely contains the same discs we already have. Something for massive batfans that will have little real appeal to anyone else.

This box set is a let down. No worries I'm pretty sure there will be more releases to come.

The problem is, most of the things that accompany 'ultimate' editions are things that Christopher Nolan avoids releasing. So if expectations are for extended cuts and reams of bonus features, there is bound to be some disappointment.

My realistic hopes, outside of a new transfer for at least Batman Begins, would be for some retrospective material, perhaps a continuation of the "Shadows of the Bat" featurettes from the Burton/Schumacher films, and some more deleted footage as a bonus feature (of which there is a good deal for TDKR at least). If some more behind-the-scenes footage can be found and put into featurettes, great!

What I expect to get is something like this set appears to be: A display-oriented set that most likely contains the same discs we already have. Something for massive batfans that will have little real appeal to anyone else.

In the indian ultimate boxset, there's a special disc, but not in this boxset.
I agree with you, I was expecting a beautiful packaging (as HP boxset is), with exclusive books about the making-of of the three movies, batarangs or anything else that can make this edition a real ultimate edition... not that plastic box with 3 toys in it

We will have to see what's included on these discs. All previous releases of TDK and TDKR included 2 Blu-Ray discs (to my knowledge). BB on blu-ray only ever had 1 disc. So that second Blu-Ray disc for BB thats listed in the description interests me somewhat.

Last edited: