The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
Premier League

Seeing as this started again on sat i thought we could use this to discuss and post results!!!So anything to do with the Premier Leauge goes here guys?

Also if any of you guys want to do fantasy football hit me up with a pm and i can send you in the right direction to y leauge i have set up

Last edited:
Week 1

Saturday 15th August 2009
Chelsea 2-1 Hull City
Aston Villa 0-2 Wigan Athletic
Blackburn Rovers 0-2 Manchester City
Bolton Wanderers 0-1 Sunderland
Portsmouth 0-1 Fulham
Stoke City 2-0 Burnley
Wolves 0-2 West Ham United
Everton 1-6 Arsenal
Sunday 16th August 2009
Manchester United 1-0 Birmingham City
Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Liverpool

Week 2

Tuesday 18th August 2009

Sunderland 1-3 Chelsea
Wigan Athletic 0-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers
Wednesday 19th August 2009
Birmingham City 1-0 Portsmouth
Burnley 1-0 Manchester United
Hull City 1-5 Tottenham Hotspur
Liverpool 4-0 Stoke City

Week 3

Saturday 22nd August 2009
Arsenal v Portsmouth
Birmingham City v Stoke City
Hull City v Bolton Wanderers
Manchester City v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Sunderland v Blackburn Rovers
Wigan Athletic v Manchester United

Sunday 23rd August 2009
West Ham United v Tottenham Hotspur
Burnley v Everton
Fulham v Chelsea

I can't believe Burnley actually beat ManU!! You setup a fantasy football? why didn't you tell me? I am sure I can get my brother in.

lol i know i thought Man U would win but for some reason Man U always start slowly also Burnley did beat chelsea and liverpool last year so it wasn't a big shock

lol i know i thought Man U would win but for some reason Man U always start slowly also Burnley did beat chelsea and liverpool last year so it wasn't a big shock

Man U went through lots of changes in the off season. I think they have 7 new starters this season so an early loss isn't that crazy. I'd say they are starting to pick things up though, they routed Wigan 5-nill on saturdayEEK!

Man U went through lots of changes in the off season. I think they have 7 new starters this season so an early loss isn't that crazy. I'd say they are starting to pick things up though, they routed Wigan 5-nill on saturdayEEK!

I cant read nothing into the season yet... you got all this talk about chelski and arsenal??but you cant tell who will win the leauge untill december time or Jan!!!

Big game saturday though Arsenal vs Man Utd...

Im honestly still not convinced with ronaldo leaving Man Utd, still look like you are missing him, Rooney is filling in well but berba im not sure. I guess we will see how the season goes on.

Horhay: http://uk.premiership.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ thats the link let me know when you ahve done it and i will add you into the group

Unfortunately, I think they are still missing Ronaldo as well:( There is no way Rooney can fill in for that guy, he has the touch of an ox. If given a point blank shot, he would blast the ball and the keep over the line where as Ronaldo would put it in the corner.

I was pleasantly surprised by berbatov, he played pretty well last weekend. It'll still be a crazy season!

Wow was that one of the most one sided called game by a ref or what? haha pulled a penalty out of his behind and denied a more deserving penalty from Arsenal! man that was a really bad called game!

lol atleast you know Arsenal won't win also didn't Eduardo Da Silva a Arsenal player get banned for diving :p

he didnt dive he saw boruc was coming to eat him and he dived out the way :D

eduardo_1472976c.jpg

he didnt dive he saw boruc was coming to eat him and he dived out the way :D

eduardo_1472976c.jpg

i also remember a Arsenal player being booked because of diving in the Man U match but cant remember his name also Arsenal have much more players that dive then Man U damn half of Arsenal team will dive if they get the chance to lol

hahaha I am neutral here boys and I can sure as hell tell you that match past weekend was so one sided and a competent ref would of given a yellow to Rooney for that dive.