The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
hahaha I am neutral here boys and I can sure as hell tell you that match past weekend was so one sided and a competent ref would of given a yellow to Rooney for that dive.

sure maybe Rooney dive but can you say any Arsenal player wouldn't of done the same

sure maybe Rooney dive but can you say any Arsenal player wouldn't of done the same

low blow lol

well honestly everything aside arsenal deserved to win that game we should of been 2-0 up by the second half we just failed to convert the chances....i do think the ref played a big part in your win and it wouldnt be the first time...as i say the leauge is a marathon not a sprint

Ha! life can't be better! Mexico beat Costa Rica tonight and we are so close from South Africa!

and it couldn't get any better, Brazil went to Rosario and beat Argentina in their own soil! and they are 2 or 3 games away from staying without a ticket!! haha! such good a Saturday!! and yes I can't stand the overrated Argentinians!
:scat::scat::scat:

[media=youtube]YYJyaY70Xf4[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah i stayed up and watched the game and argentina where awful defending

brazil have qualified i think now or thats what they where saying last night

looking like we might not have messi or c ronaldo at the world cup next year

Yeah i stayed up and watched the game and argentina where awful defending

brazil have qualified i think now or thats what they where saying last night

looking like we might not have messi or c ronaldo at the world cup next year

Argentina has so many overrated defender period! their defending line is horrible yet the European clubs believe because they are Argentine they must be good. I was so happy last night!!

Brazil is at least 8 points ahead of the 2nd spot so they are most than likely already classified there's like 2 or 3 more games in the South American qualifiers so one more point and they are officially in.

However Argentina is on the 4th spot only 2 points away from Colombia and their next game is away at Paraguay and I expect them to get beaten there too! haha!

This goes to tell you, the 2 best players in the world don't play alone in their teams haha I love it.

Argentina has so many overrated defender period! their defending line is horrible yet the European clubs believe because they are Argentine they must be good. I was so happy last night!!

Brazil is at least 8 points ahead of the 2nd spot so they are most than likely already classified there's like 2 or 3 more games in the South American qualifiers so one more point and they are officially in.

However Argentina is on the 4th spot only 2 points away from Colombia and their next game is away at Paraguay and I expect them to get beaten there too! haha!

This goes to tell you, the 2 best players in the world don't play alone in their teams haha I love it.

Argentina are very overrated. Good at going forward but defending i feel nervous. Watching braxil defend was a bti nervous aswell at times.

I think it will be bad if you dont have them players at the world cup. France are looking a bit nervy aswell. They are looking like they wont qualify either.

Still a few games to go.

I want the orginal Ronaldo at the world cup for brazil.

Argentina are very overrated. Good at going forward but defending i feel nervous. Watching braxil defend was a bti nervous aswell at times.

I think it will be bad if you dont have them players at the world cup. France are looking a bit nervy aswell. They are looking like they wont qualify either.

Still a few games to go.

I want the orginal Ronaldo at the world cup for brazil.

Well Brazil has never been known for having excellent defenders :) they are known for having excellent strikers. That is not to say they don't occasionally work up a great defender.

I really don't care if those two players (Messi & Ronaldo) aren't in South Africa, just goes to show you can't count on one name to get you there man.

Now all I need is for Mexico to win on Wednesday which is going to be tough and in October and we are practically in! unless Costa Rica and US don't win in their next match :)

Well Brazil has never been known for having excellent defenders :) they are known for having excellent strikers. That is not to say they don't occasionally work up a great defender.

I really don't care if those two players (Messi & Ronaldo) aren't in South Africa, just goes to show you can't count on one name to get you there man.

Now all I need is for Mexico to win on Wednesday which is going to be tough and in October and we are practically in! unless Costa Rica and US don't win in their next match :)

Very true about brazil. I just wish they would play Dani Alves at rb ;)

But yes you are very true about Messi and Ronaldo.

Mexico will qualify easily. It's a given its quite a easy group you guys have when you think about it.

Im not so sure my country Turkey will qualify. I hope so but looking at our table and results its going to be hard. :)

Very true about brazil. I just wish they would play Dani Alves at rb ;)

But yes you are very true about Messi and Ronaldo.

Mexico will qualify easily. It's a given its quite a easy group you guys have when you think about it.

Im not so sure my country Turkey will qualify. I hope so but looking at our table and results its going to be hard. :)

Well see the problem with Brazil is not the lack of talent is just too much talent!! haha! they got Felipe Mello running on the left and Maicon on the other so who do you take out to put Dani Alves? Mello is much better than Alves and Maicon is regarded as the RB in the world at this moment. So it sucks for Alves lol.

Nah you would think Mexico is an easy spot, the problem is that we didn't get a win playing away until this past weekend in Costa Rica. Sven didn't really get us anywhere, the players never really understood his philosophy and also Sven refused to play a player behind the strikers he played a solid 4-4-2 which in Mexico hardly anyone plays with and if they do they have a man in the mid alternating to that position so yeah. We have 2 games in Mexico city and one last away. I sure hope we get the 6 points. Honduras will be tough on Wednesday no doubt.

I find it hard to believe Turkey and/or France have a hard time with the talent they got. I guess this can be said about many of the countries out there (e.g. Argentina, Portugal, etc.)

YES!!! we freakin won!! :scat: 2 more games and one more freakin win to get to South Africa!!! YES!!

BTW Paraguay beat Argentina 1-0!

So here's the new teams with a ticket the big show!

Brazil
Paraguay
Spain
Italy
England

Almost there:
Ecuador (1 win will put them there)
Serbia (win or tie will put them there)
Mexico (1 win will virtually put them there)
USA (1 win will virtually put them there)
Cameroon
Germany (not yet but a win or a tie will do it)

:scat:

Last edited:
YES!!! we freakin won!! :scat: 2 more games and one more freakin win to get to South Africa!!! YES!!

BTW Paraguay beat Argentina 1-0!

So here's the new teams with a ticket the big show!

Brazil
Paraguay
Spain
Italy
England

Almost there:
Ecuador (1 win will put them there)
Serbia (win or tie will put them there)
Mexico (1 win will virtually put them there)
USA (1 win will virtually put them there)
Cameroon
Germany (not yet but a win or a tie will do it)

:scat:

i cant believe the argies lost lol too funny they are 5th int he group now lol

I think its looking like a good summer next year in South Africa :scat:

Dude there's two games left in South America and with a certain combo of scores Argentina can be left out! they have an easy match at home against Peru, but then they visit Uruguay in their last game! they have 2 teams with one point behind them and 1 with 2 points so yeah they can be left out. Chile just needs one more win to secure a spot too.

hey guys, how's this thread holding up? It's been a while since i've dropped in!

What you think of the FIFA demo?? I think it's great!

I haven't played it yet, I am out of my job in 2 hours until then I can't download it :) but will do it and play it sometime tonight. :scat:

Thread is holding up since, there wasn't much football until the last 3 weeks.

didnt get a chance to play the fifa demo i need to do that tongiht actually

yeah football was dead in here untill the seasons tarted

some great games tomorrow :D