Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December, 2013
Price: $110 via GB
Notes:
- Limited 2000 total, 1000 for clear slip and 1000 for Hollow slip
- No debossed or embossed design. mix of matte and gloss finish.
- 4 discs set
- Goodies (Photobook, Postcards x6, Godfather playing card)

01.jpg

02.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg

SLIPCASES:
Two version of slipcase: Black slip and Gold slip.
10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg

Full packages:
godfather-black2-all.JPG godfather-gold-all.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
$80? EEK! Are they going crazy? I don`have a Problem paying a higher Price for quality Steels(like from Kimchi) but this Price is far beyond what i`m willing to pay:thumbs: - sorry Blufans but i will pass

Considering the godfather is banned in China for a long time and releasing for the first time officially, it is going to be huge there. Even though that is nothing to do with the pricetag, $80 is still reasonable for the steelbook release.
Other the trilogy releases will be metalpack in Asia, Blufans is doing the steelbook version. Global exclusive artwork, super limited print-run plus tons of bonus. I will add this to my collection for sure.

Considering the godfather is banned in China for a long time and releasing for the first time officially, it is going to be huge there. Even though that is nothing to do with the pricetag, $80 is still reasonable for the steelbook release.
Other the trilogy releases will be metalpack in Asia, Blufans is doing the steelbook version. Global exclusive artwork, super limited print-run plus tons of bonus. I will add this to my collection for sure.

Yeah I'll agree with you there. The pricetag is far less than what I expected. $100+ was my guess but overall it depends how the slipcover looks. I feel like I might have to join the GB before photos service. Hope to see it before the GB fills up.

:drool: :drool:

Me, too. Definitely a must have to complete the Blufans collection and 80 USD for three films is not that bad.

Best wishes,

Michael

I think I'd consider it depending on what kind of 'bonus' stuff comes with it. Like for example that 40th Anniversary Collection which is pretty pricey but comes with the 428 pages script for The Godfather, 10 photo cards and a Corleone family tree poster.

I hope Blufans can provide something similar, something better than a notebook or some stickers to justify the 80$.

The Godfather Trilogy Play.com version cost around $40 in the U.K. $80 in china seems a little steep. What does $80 get you in China these days? I am no expert, but I bet $80 goes a lot further in China than $40 in the U.K.

The Godfather Trilogy Play.com version cost around $40 in the U.K. $80 in china seems a little steep. What does $80 get you in China these days? I am no expert, but I bet $80 goes a lot further in China than $40 in the U.K.

Probably a paper slipcover and a cheap 'free' gift. It may be popular to hate on UK releases at the moment, but this is one that you can't hate. The price was okay and the Steelbook itself was fantastic. This on the other hand, is a rip-off regardless of how good the artwork or finish is.