Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: December, 2013
Price: $110 via GB
Notes:
- Limited 2000 total, 1000 for clear slip and 1000 for Hollow slip
- No debossed or embossed design. mix of matte and gloss finish.
- 4 discs set
- Goodies (Photobook, Postcards x6, Godfather playing card)

01.jpg

02.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg

SLIPCASES:
Two version of slipcase: Black slip and Gold slip.
10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg

Full packages:
godfather-black2-all.JPG godfather-gold-all.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrong. I've lived in UK most my life and recently in HK. Prices in HK are comparable to the major cities in mainland China. I can tell you there's not much difference between HK and UK. Maybe you can get an extra portion of McDonald's French fries.

The Godfather Trilogy Play.com version cost around $40 in the U.K. $80 in china seems a little steep. What does $80 get you in China these days? I am no expert, but I bet $80 goes a lot further in China than $40 in the U.K.

After Taiwan's disappointment releasing The Godfather on Metalpak/Futurepak (which I've still not recovered to that awful news) this will be a no-brainer for me regardless of the asking price-tag, with a proper slip added to this WEA steelbook release in Asia this will be a very sought after release from Blufans... heck I even sold my UK release for this (and TW to be fair), now I'll take 2 copies please :naughty: ;)

If the artwork are good, MAYBE I'll plunge... I never got the UK edition (I hated the red artwork), so... wait and see... :ohno:

I have read the blufans forum and understood that the print run 500 is for the Collector's edition and price is not decided yet. I guess it will be a big boxset.

For the Standard Edition, it will be RMB 488 and print run info is not listed.

Anyway still a much better version than the HK/TW's

Sent from my N9500 using Tapatalk 2

It ain't an ugly Steelbook but the artwork should have been similar to the artwork on the Amaray boxset. It was a 4 disc release priced between 18 and 25 GBP which is more than half the price of the Blufans release.

Agreed, the play.com version in hand is actually quite a nice maroon colour and for the price, i think i picked it up for £17.99, that's pretty darn good.

Blufans sure now how to overprice a product, but hey ho people will pay so there you go, there will then be a markup before it comes abroad, so i think Wreck is right, this will easily go above $100....

I think i'll suffice with blufans no. 1 to 10....:ohno:

Thanks, Choi! What's your opinion on the price? Opnions divide here as usual and since you know the Asian market pretty well it would be interesting to know what you think about it.

Thanks, Choi! What's your opinion on the price? Opnions divide here as usual and since you know the Asian market pretty well it would be interesting to know what you think about it.

Gift set price annoumced 448 yuan including shipping to anywhere in China.

Normal edition IDK ATM, sooner or later It will be revealed soon

Asian steel is very very expensive compared to US and EU market

Why??
1. Small print run like 500 to 1000
2. Royalty fee from film makers is higher than any country due to market size

That's why Asia usually share the print run

3. No online commerce like Amazon

It means any online shop does not have bargaining power and small.

4. Price Inflation rate higher than US & EU in every year.

Those of factor influenced the price of amaray & steelbook

Maim factor is #1 and #2.

Sent from my SHV-E330S using Tapatalk 4