The Greatest Showman (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No.67) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: May 24, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenticular (O-ring) - One Click (Pre-order on May 10 at 2 PM Korea time) Find your local time HERE
Price: $35.99
Group Buy: Hosted by Cooey One Click - Fullslip - Lenticular
Note:
Full slip 950 copies - Lenticular (O-ring) 1,050 copies - One Click 200 Copies

31769777_2278416485718889_6482625857633386496_o.jpg 31899214_2278416419052229_3463712307555598336_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not overly distraught at O-ring lenti slips as Kimchi does make nice ones, however, it does look like the days of boxed one-clicks with them have ended.
I think the last two were "Hell or High Water" and "Machete".
That was what, May of last year?
Sad that. :(

I'm not overly distraught at O-ring lenti slips as Kimchi does make nice ones, however, it does look like the days of boxed one-clicks with them have ended.
I think the last two were "Hell or High Water" and "Machete".
That was what, May of last year?
Sad that. :(

Boxed one clicks generally come with their WEA releases

This is SOOO not what I was hoping for as their next release. An easier pass there has never been:yawn:

I'd rather have an O-ring with the amount of effort that Kimchi put into that a lazy thicker slip (full slip or lenti) ;)

I have spoken with Kimchi about this though and they have no plan at the minute to change how they work their releases.

I would say other premium releases of this movie will be anything but lazy. If anything, now that I've paid more attention, Kimchi has taken too many liberties. Kimchi is using the same poster artwork on their lenti as FAC's release. What's bad is that Kimchi has zoomed in on the artwork on the front cover, and moved up the title to a location that covers the artwork, as compared to the original posters.

Kimchi is plain stubborn in their ways. Too many times the poster artwork they use on the back covers of their lenti releases would make for the best lentis. Just like they won't stop the O-rings, they won't make a double lenti.

I would say other premium releases of this movie will be anything but lazy. If anything, now that I've paid more attention, Kimchi has taken too many liberties. Kimchi is using the same poster artwork on their lenti as FAC's release. What's bad is that Kimchi has zoomed in on the artwork on the front cover, and moved up the title to a location that covers the artwork, as compared to the original posters.

Kimchi is plain stubborn in their ways. Too many times the poster artwork they use on the back covers of their lenti releases would make for the best lentis. Just like they won't stop the O-rings, they won't make a double lenti.

Or could be down to the fact that they can’t choose what art they are allowed to use and are restricted to do so by the film studio. It’s those that restrict it and we don’t know how much material that Kimchi have to work with.

Or could be down to the fact that they can’t choose what art they are allowed to use and are restricted to do so by the film studio. It’s those that restrict it and we don’t know how much material that Kimchi have to work with.

So it's the movie studio's fault that the front artwork is zoomed in and title moved, or that they use O-rings and no double lentis? (n) That would be a new one to me.

They should have had the choice of all the official poster artwork, as long as the star was used on the front cover. I like the poster artwork used, so that's not my complaint.

Last edited:
So it's the movie studio's fault that the front artwork is zoomed in and title moved, or that they use O-rings and no double lentis? (n) That would be a new one to me.

They should have had the choice of all the official poster artwork, as long as the star was used on the front cover. I like the poster artwork used, so that's not my complaint.
Theyre not contractually obliged to make something you like or agree with. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Probably my favourite retailer but I don't like everything they put out.

Dont mind the O-Ring because as mentioned the lentis are always top notch. Also dont want to pay $15 more for a 4K disc i will never use. I enjoy not having to cross $100 to pick up a 2 release 1click.
Same here.

Plus, lack of 4K doesn’t appear to be affecting Kimchi.
It’s a better move than making people chose between 3D or 4K. Much prefer Kimchiks route currently

Theyre not contractually obliged to make something you like or agree with. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Probably my favourite retailer but I don't like everything they put out.

I never said they were. :hilarious:

I gave them constructive criticism. They're welcome to release whatever the heck they want. I'm sure they would like some of their releases that just sit there for ages to sell. But if they don't want to change their releases, nothing will change. They'll just have to rely on the popularity of the movie and the level of competition from other premium sellers. “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
Figured these wouldn't take too long to sell out but not really very excited by this or the FAC edition.