The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No.42) [Korea]

Futurhythm

Premium Supporter
May 16, 2013
In Technicolor
Release date: September 30, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip OST - Full Slip - Lenti - One Click
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip Type A or Lenti Type B) - $34.99 (Full Slip Type C) - $118 (One Click)
HDN Group Buys: hosted by Cooey - hosted by Kaka1888

FS 1.jpg FS 2.jpg Lenti.jpg

Scanavo Slipcase thread HERE

Steelbook Fullslip + OST Limited Edition (A) : 1,800 copies (USD41.99)
Steelbook Lenticular + OST Limited Edition (B) : 1,250 copies(USD41.99)
Steelbook Fullslip Limited Edition (C) : 1,000 copies (USD34.99)
One Click ($118.00)
OneF.jpg
1.jpg 3.jpg 2.JPG
1.jpg
993853_523205094527243_2558843538489062092_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what to do ... the rest of my tarantino collection are steelbooks only without any extras. And plus I went for the HMV version of this ... if I go premium on this, I need premium on the rest of my tarantino collection and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Looks like i've saved some money ....

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Not sure what to do ... the rest of my tarantino collection are steelbooks only without any extras. And plus I went for the HMV version of this ... if I go premium on this, I need premium on the rest of my tarantino collection and I don't see that happening any time soon.

Same here. I'm passing for that exact reason also! :LOL:

I've been thinking this too... do I really want/need a premium edition for only one QT film? Plus I already have the HMV steel, which I'm more than happy with as it's the best looking H8 steelbook out there IMO. Hmm decisions!

Yep, that's the image I was referring to mate... looks like it also comes with a quarter slip though. Pretty sure the last one is a keep case... the steelbook isn't even on there. To be honest, I think I prefer the red amaray full slip... but the stagecoach slip is possibly my favourite out of the two steel full slips. I might actually pass on this altogether, but will wait for in hand photos and then make up my mind.

The new blu collection lentis come with that 1/4 slip to house the poster. Check out it follows and let the right one in lentis

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
So there are 3 Full slips &
1 lenti variants on this? I'm a little underwhelmed with the slips..maybe Full Slip 1 since I missed out on HMV UK steel/CZ digibook..

The Hmv steel image FS is the best out of the bunch and the only version I'll be getting second best would be the stage coach but too much open space and not enough artwork on that one.

Reactions: yeslek
Yep, that's the image I was referring to mate... looks like it also comes with a quarter slip though. Pretty sure the last one is a keep case... the steelbook isn't even on there. To be honest, I think I prefer the red amaray full slip... but the stagecoach slip is possibly my favourite out of the two steel full slips. I might actually pass on this altogether, but will wait for in hand photos and then make up my mind.

You might be right about the keep case. If so that's a first for showing it with the steel mock ups unless I missed that before

Also the red case has seperate White case next to it with Jackson on. Hmmmm

I'll be going for the stage coach slip

I agree this tatantino version will look out of place due to not owning any other of his films in premium format but i already have the Hmv steel with the rest of the collection and this will sit nicely with my blu collection collection

So there are 3 Full slips &
1 lenti variants on this? I'm a little underwhelmed with the slips..maybe Full Slip 1 since I missed out on HMV UK steel/CZ digibook..
2 Full Slip and 1 Lenti
The 3rd Full Slip is a amaray keep case version not a steelbook

• Thanks
Reactions: rj531
Just noticed all the disc arts are different and the full slip 1 and lenti have 2 discs and the full slip 2 has 1 disc. Hope that's a mistake and they all come with 2 discs (not sure what's on the 2nd disc - maybe soundtrack)

Just noticed all the disc arts are different and the full slip 1 and lenti have 2 discs and the full slip 2 has 1 disc. Hope that's a mistake and they all come with 2 discs (not sure what's on the 2nd disc - maybe soundtrack)
Yes it's the soundtrack, so 2 editions (one fullslip + lenti) will come with this soundtrack disc, and the 2 others fullsips will come with just the blu ray disc

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spass and Flloydo
I've been thinking this too... do I really want/need a premium edition for only one QT film? Plus I already have the HMV steel, which I'm more than happy with as it's the best looking H8 steelbook out there IMO. Hmm decisions!

I would go for a least 1 edition mate, I'm sure the other Tarrantino films will eventually get a premium from someone! The films are too good to not do a premium so its an easy decision on retailers for guarenteed sales, so if they can push the studios to do it we will eventually see them, whether it is in another 1-2 years or 5-10 i'm sure it will come and when it does then you'll be thinking "damn wish I had got that H8 edition"! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: AlexMacOl
Yes it's the soundtrack, so 2 editions (one fullslip + lenti) will come with this soundtrack disc, and the 2 others fullsips will come with just the blu ray disc

So why does the soundtrack not come with the full slip 2? That's a bit unfair.

Think I'll email kimchi about that. It should come with all editions

Trust it not to come with the one I want

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89