The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No.42) [Korea]

Futurhythm

Premium Supporter
May 16, 2013
In Technicolor
Release date: September 30, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip OST - Full Slip - Lenti - One Click
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip Type A or Lenti Type B) - $34.99 (Full Slip Type C) - $118 (One Click)
HDN Group Buys: hosted by Cooey - hosted by Kaka1888

FS 1.jpg FS 2.jpg Lenti.jpg

Scanavo Slipcase thread HERE

Steelbook Fullslip + OST Limited Edition (A) : 1,800 copies (USD41.99)
Steelbook Lenticular + OST Limited Edition (B) : 1,250 copies(USD41.99)
Steelbook Fullslip Limited Edition (C) : 1,000 copies (USD34.99)
One Click ($118.00)
OneF.jpg
1.jpg 3.jpg 2.JPG
1.jpg
993853_523205094527243_2558843538489062092_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish Kimchidvd would stop collaborating with The Blu Collection. Ever since they got new designers their releases (this, It Follows, Let the Right One In) haven't been as great as they used to be.
  • The steelbook itself with its border isn't as good as HMV's.
  • The "H8FUL" spelling is stupid. I get that it was used in official promotion, but so was the proper spelling.
  • At least that art is used for Full Slip A, but the spine looks bad with that baby blue color
  • The lenti uses the same images that are on the steel itself
  • Lenti is an o-ring instead of a full slip. Just do a full slip instead of that double 1/4 slip, you're almost there!
  • The booklet cover is practically blank
  • I don't really care about art cards but what is with the aversion to use actual images from the film anywhere in this release? Why just repeat the same themes and images already used?
  • They've gone for this minimalistic "Pop Art" style on the backs
    • The back of Full Slip A - empty shot of the woods
    • The back of Full Slip B - boring. The spine does looks better than Full Slip A's spine
    • The back of the lenti - boring
    • The front and back of the Keep Case. The back has the same boring image as Full Slip B
I guess I'll be getting Full Slip A because it uses the most art and variety of color.

Full slip b an lenti price depending though.Wonder how much the price difference will be fir editions with sound track in?$10?

True but all retailers do like this now. When HDzeta or Blufans sell the booklet only with lenti edition and not the fullslip i'm not happy neither (i don't like lenti). The retailers do like this in order to make their customers buying more than one edition.:(

I do get that but why just leave the other full slip out of the mix with the soundtrack. Very strange.

I will be emailing them anyway, I definately want the full slip 2 but I won't be paying for it if it's the same price as the others but missing the soundtrack

Thanks for the tag @Flloydo! :thumbs: Slightly underwhelmed if I'm honest with the designs... :bag: Suppose with the looooooong wait we had drove me to expect something spectacular :sleep: But saying that, it's always hard to judge by mock-ups only so I'll withhold full judgement and hope for some decent teasers ;) Fullslip A or B I find most appealing :D

I was prepairing for a One-Click but my wallet will now be happy to hear that I pass entirely. Disappointed :(

Wow, reactions to this sure are split. Kimchi's got some convincing to do (show some live pics, i.e.). ;)

So what will be the actual next release after Captain America? Spotlight or The Hateful Eight? Any insights?

Thanks for the tag @Flloydo :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Wow, all three are disappointing. I really like none of them. Sad since I bought no release till now and was holding out for this.
Normally all Keep Case releases of the Blu Collection are stunner. I don't get it why this is so boring :bored:

They should've tried to get the artwork Third Man Records got for their stunning OST vinyl release.
So this will be my only special edition for this movie. I'll pick up the Digibook or the WWA for a tenner. F it.

image.png

Even one of the included posters got better artwork then everything used here

image.png