The Hateful Eight (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No.42) [Korea]

Futurhythm

Premium Supporter
May 16, 2013
In Technicolor
Release date: September 30, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip OST - Full Slip - Lenti - One Click
Price: $41.99 (Full Slip Type A or Lenti Type B) - $34.99 (Full Slip Type C) - $118 (One Click)
HDN Group Buys: hosted by Cooey - hosted by Kaka1888

FS 1.jpg FS 2.jpg Lenti.jpg

Scanavo Slipcase thread HERE

Steelbook Fullslip + OST Limited Edition (A) : 1,800 copies (USD41.99)
Steelbook Lenticular + OST Limited Edition (B) : 1,250 copies(USD41.99)
Steelbook Fullslip Limited Edition (C) : 1,000 copies (USD34.99)
One Click ($118.00)
OneF.jpg
1.jpg 3.jpg 2.JPG
1.jpg
993853_523205094527243_2558843538489062092_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Full Slip A looks the best. I don't have any releases for this, the HMV one is going for silly money so more reason to buy a premium version and crack it open :) Then sell it for what I paid for :p

Why does Full Slip B have only one disc when the other two have 2 discs?

Apparently it's the soundtrack with the other 2

I've emailed kimchi/ Tony about this but not receieved a reply yet.

I'm hoping it's a error and the soundtrack comes with slip B also

I was going for slip B but I won't bother if it's missing discs

Not a fan of the lenti or slip A (have the Hmv version with the same art)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Apparently it's the soundtrack with the other 2

I've emailed kimchi/ Tony about this but not receieved a reply yet.

I'm hoping it's a error and the soundtrack comes with slip B also

I was going for slip B but I won't bother if it's missing discs

Not a fan of the lenti or slip A (have the Hmv version with the same art)
It's the soundtrack, we can see the letters "CCA" on the disc label and the name of the Music company which have the rights for the soundtrack is DECCA Records.

Why this will be an error that the soundtrack come only with Full A and Lenti? This is the same thing when HDzeta or Blufans sell their editions with a booklet only in the lenti version and not in the fullslip version. The price of each version is adapted to the content for each version. The purpose for all those companies is to sell the more copies they can even if it's 3 or 4 versions for a same customer who would like to collect all possible goodies taht they offer.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlexMacOl
It's the soundtrack, we can see the letters "CCA" on the disc label and the name of the Music company which have the rights for the soundtrack is DECCA Records.

Why this will be an error that the soundtrack come only with Full A and Lenti? This is the same thing when HDzeta or Blufans sell their editions with a booklet only in the lenti version and not in the fullslip version. The price of each version is adapted to the content for each version. The purpose for all those companies is to sell the more copies they can even if it's 3 or 4 versions for a same customer who would like to collect all possible goodies taht they offer.

The reason I say im "hoping" its an error and I'm pretty sure I've had this convo already is because the soundtrack is only missing from one edition.
And that one edition with the missing soundtrack does not include anything different to make up for the missing soundtrack.

Also none of the other 2 editions have something missing to make up for what your trying to say

It's a bit retarded to just have a missing disc with one edition but the other 2 editons have all the same content with discs and goodies
I get it if like you say with Zeta or plain you get other bits instead but with this you don't

I won't be ordering if type B is 100% missing the soundtrack

Kimchi have changed things the last few months after feedback with it follows, incredibles etc so I'm hoping they change the disc situation with this too

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
The reason I say im "hoping" its an error and I'm pretty sure I've had this convo already is because the soundtrack is only missing from one edition.
And that one edition with the missing soundtrack does not include anything different to make up for the missing soundtrack.

Also none of the other 2 editions have something missing to make up for what your trying to say

It's a bit retarded to just have a missing disc with one edition but the other 2 editons have all the same content with discs and goodies
I get it if like you say with Zeta or plain you get other bits instead but with this you don't

I won't be ordering if type B is 100% missing the soundtrack

Kimchi have changed things the last few months after feedback with it follows, incredibles etc so I'm hoping they change the disc situation with this too

It is not a mistake, as @anae31 mentioned, people who are complicit when ordering Fullslip B will not have the soundtrack and most likely will also grab another edition. If you explore the packages you can see also that each Blu-ray has a different Artwork to make you buy all copies. Each disk Artwork complements the Fullslip. So this is a smart package marketing wise.

PS: it is not unlikely to have last minute change with Kimchi as they have done it with ''If Follows'' .. but I don't see why they would change anything for this release.

• Thanks
Reactions: anae31
Japan had done an Insane Fullslip Digibook Package (which is sheer quality and so breathtaking) for Django Unchained. The Fullslip was reversible Artwork and the digibook was similar to Kingsman. Such an amazing Package I hope that they will do a similar release for Hateful Eight...Japan always being late it seems, I'm still hoping.

It is not a mistake, as @anae31 mentioned, people who are complicit when ordering Fullslip B will not have the soundtrack and most likely will also grab another edition. If you explore the packages you can see also that each Blu-ray has a different Artwork to make you buy all copies. Each disk Artwork complements the Fullslip. So this is a smart package marketing wise.

PS: it is not unlikely to have last minute change with Kimchi as they have done it with ''If Follows'' .. but I don't see why they would change anything for this release.

Yeah but each set has different disc art, still don't make up for the fact they have dropped the cd from one edition.

Makes no sense at all, for it to work they have to drop something else from the other two editions, some post cards or book or different art on cards

Considering the backlash from on here regarding art choices there is no way more than the usual will order all 3 just for a cd they didn't get with full slip 2

Sorry but it's not smart marketing at all. They have just singled out one edition. Makes 0 sense

And I'm fully aware each package has different art and the discs are different (I mentioned this pages back)

And I can see them changing bits, they have already changed the inside art to a worse pic and with it follows they made a few subtle chnages so them adding the same disc tray that's in slip A and lenti to slip B isn't exactly rocket science for them. this is a change they can easily implement

Even if they have to order more CDs and slip B took a few extra days or a week I would wait.

So weird them taking one thing away from one edition and not the other 2 when all 3 are the same complete package but just different art which Is standard

Maybe type B is offered as an option for those who hate Ennio Morricone and feel he should have retired years ago.:p
Full Slip B is perfect for me. I already have the french one with the Morricone OST.

I just hope it's cheaper considering it's missing the soundtrack.

Only slip I like out the pack

The lenti is the weakest of the 3 IMO. Because the image is lifted from the front cover of the Steelbook. So you'll be looking at it twice really.

The other 2 look awesome though. If the steelbook itself ends up glossy it's going to look amazing in hand :thumbs:

Maybe type B is offered as an option for those who hate Ennio Morricone and feel he should have retired years ago.:p
Ennio Morricone is still active and doing brilliant live concerts a fantastic film composer who has composed scores for over 500 Films/TV productions a huge catalogue of scores.
The master of Film Scores and brilliant conductor of music

Maybe you should have retired years ago.:p:rofl::LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: AlexMacOl
The second disc is the OST, I've had this confirmed by Tony

I'm a bit confused why there is different disc art work on each release....I get a feeling these pictures aren't the finished ones and might be concepts. We should see the final pack shots later on in the week

The second disc is the OST, I've had this confirmed by Tony

I'm a bit confused why there is different disc art work on each release....I get a feeling these pictures aren't the finished ones and might be concepts. We should see the final pack shots later on in the week
I know its early but any idea on GB allocation?Im ready for your GB:thumbs:

Yeah but each set has different disc art, still don't make up for the fact they have dropped the cd from one edition.

Makes no sense at all, for it to work they have to drop something else from the other two editions, some post cards or book or different art on cards

Considering the backlash from on here regarding art choices there is no way more than the usual will order all 3 just for a cd they didn't get with full slip 2

Sorry but it's not smart marketing at all. They have just singled out one edition. Makes 0 sense

And I'm fully aware each package has different art and the discs are different (I mentioned this pages back)

And I can see them changing bits, they have already changed the inside art to a worse pic and with it follows they made a few subtle changes so them adding the same disc tray that's in slip A and lenti to slip B isn't exactly rocket science for them. this is a change they can easily implement

Even if they have to order more CDs and slip B took a few extra days or a week I would wait.

So weird them taking one thing away from one edition and not the other 2 when all 3 are the same complete package but just different art which Is standard

missing content from ANY version just screams greedy and is clearly a coax attempt of getting more people to double dip

Being a lenti fan means it doesn't affect me in this instance(if I decide to purchase), but am a bit pissed off at the cheek of it, and for those it WILL affect

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
missing content from ANY version just screams greedy and is clearly a coax attempt of getting more people to double dip

Being a lenti fan means it doesn't affect me in this instance(if I decide to purchase), but am a bit pissed off at the cheek of it, and for those it WILL affect

I was thinking of this over the weekend and it's bugged me, why only one full slip missing the disc.

Seriously no one can argue against me on this matter because it just don't make sense.
Can't just do it to one edition.

If they all had something missing from all editions then yes the arguement works

Also if the marketing team think "oh so they will buy one of the other slips too or all 3 so they get the soundtrack" then they have messed up.

I can just buy the soundtrack on CD dirt cheap and add it to the steel instead of forking out another $40+ on another version I think looks ugly but contains a CD

like I said before I hope it's an error and the CD comes with all editions. A bit like errors with their listings like let the right one in having the wrong back slip art showing for one of the lentis and other little mistakes kimchi have done in their beauty shots before. It's quite common with them

Oh and it follows shows completely different post cards in the beauty shot compared to what you actually get