• hobbit-tw.jpg
    hobbit-tw.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 251
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 258
Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting for my Yesasia copy...
I've got the 4 french limited steelbook + the Future Shop Canadian exclusive and the Amazon.co.uk exclusive. They're all great. The taiwan one looks great.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

The singapore steelbooks are the best IMO.

Moderator Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Guessing here but the chipped copies seem to be from yesasia only or did jsdvd also have this problem? So far my copy doesn't have any defects looking from the outside.

I've noticed one more thing about Yesasia. Their copies have some kind of shelf wear, though only on the shrink wrap; the steelbooks are fine. It may be more or less depending upon the title and how long it has been in their warehouse. Having purchased more than 4 steelbooks from them I have observed this phenomenon on every steelbook, though the degree varies from one steel to another.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

I've noticed one more thing about Yesasia. Their copies have some kind of shelf wear, though only on the shrink wrap; the steelbooks are fine. It may be more or less depending upon the title and how long it has been in their warehouse. Having purchased more than 4 steelbooks from them I have observed this phenomenon on every steelbook, though the degree varies from one steel to another.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Yep, that sounds about right. Prometheus & Total Recall had the same issues. I guess yesasia gets the leftover batch.

Still no sign of mine from YA, anyone else still waiting who got their shipping notice on the 11th?

My recent YA deliveries have come direct from Hong Kong and not via Germany like I expect them to, therefore I am confused why they are still taking so long. I think 15 or 16 business days is the most I've ever waited for something from them, so if it's longer than that you might want to contact them.

Thanks for the advice, I don't think I'm alone in not receiving it yet but I have contacted YA nonetheless :)

My copy finally arrived today guys, so I imagine most others from the UK will get theirs tomorrow or Friday. It also has a couple of tiny paint chips which seems to affect more of the later ones sent out!

Reactions: tommyh84
Are you going to request a replacement? Is the paint chipped in the same place as the others guys copies i.e. on Gandalf's face?

Reactions: Scott
Are you going to request a replacement? Is the paint chipped in the same place as the others guys copies i.e. on Gandalf's face?

It doesn't have any on the face mate, just a couple on his hat. I won't bother about asking for a replacement as they all seem to have this paint chip and I can't be bothered with the hassle

Apologies to keep spamming the thread asking the same question but anyone still waiting on delivery from YA who got their shipping notification on April 11th?

Got to wait another 10 more days before YA will class it as lost in transit and send out another copy :(

EDIT: not a great experience with my first time shopping with YA tbh, wish I'd just got the UK version :(

I hope it turns up bud but either way I'm sure they'll send you another one, this is still in stock on YA.

The UK one is terrible, you'll be glad you didn't buy it when this arrives. This is the one to have.

Reactions: tommyh84