Attachments

• hobbit-tw.jpg
    hobbit-tw.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 255
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 261
Last edited by a moderator:
If we're including the regular 2D version into the discussion than the Singapore version is the best but the black background on the 3D just doesn't cut it IMO. But like Alex said that was the best they can do since there wasn't approval on the Studio's part for graphics on the slip. Had it been..than I would've expressed a different tune. It's still good overall....:thumbs:

The FR release comes with a lenti magnet, has a glossy finish and a decent slip. The TW release has none of that, only a box, which is out of alignment with the steelbook art.

I have a copy of the TW version in hand and the FR version en route, but to me the comparison only leads to one result, tbh. I wish the TW version was better looking, but it just ain't.. :(

The FR release comes with a lenti magnet, has a glossy finish and a decent slip. The TW release has none of that, only a box, which is out of alignment with the steelbook art.

I have a copy of the TW version in hand and the FR version en route, but to me the comparison only leads to one result, tbh. I wish the TW version was better looking, but it just ain't.. :(

But no talk of the all mighty and superior Singapore exclusive slip version (limited to 100 I believe)

But no talk of the all mighty and superior Singapore exclusive slip version (limited to 100 I believe)

Kept it out as Acid and you had already pointed it out earlier. And I kinda think that the slip on the 2D sing is a trifle better than the 3D.. Having said that, 3D sing (Alex excl.) is still a shade better in execution than TW. :D

Anyone else had a similar experience?

I had placed an order with JSDVD for The Hobbit a few weeks back and it still says preparing. So, I sent them a mail asking the current status of the shipment and the cause of delay. This is what the representative said:

"Dear Customer,
We apologize for late shipping.
Unfortunately the supplier cant prepare 100% faultless of The Hobbit.
Most of the items have small defects in the cardboard.

2013-04-19 01.02.20.jpg

Please let us know if you need replace other items.
So sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards
Sammi. ^_^
JSDVD.com"

I hope they receive faultless pieces soon :ohno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
The same thing happened with Life of Pi. Seems like it's a problem the manufacturer has quite regularly with these window box editions.

I had placed an order with JSDVD for The Hobbit a few weeks back and it still says preparing. So, I sent them a mail asking the current status of the shipment and the cause of delay. This is what the representative said:

"Dear Customer,
We apologize for late shipping.
Unfortunately the supplier cant prepare 100% faultless of The Hobbit.
Most of the items have small defects in the cardboard.

Please let us know if you need replace other items.
So sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards
Sammi. ^_^
JSDVD.com"

I hope they receive faultless pieces soon :ohno:

They will not get faultess copies. That is why they are telling you the stock they have left are the bad ones.

Reactions: The Rainmaker
From those pics I cant really see anything that jarring to be called faulty. My copy doesnt have that little line but those dont look damaged to me. Id still take one of them lol

Just got mine delivered yesterday from JSDVD and I don't see any creases or anything on the sleeve. Haven't opened it yet, though. All in all, I'd say the packaging as a whole is quite fetching. :)

I received this from YA with 2 paint chips on the front of Gandalf's face. Given YA's pretty mediocre customer service, it's probably gonna mean a right load of hassle to get it replaced.

Yeh mine came today but have a chip right on Gandalf's nose :( ...And the window box has creases in it...

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2013-04-25 15.56.26.jpg
    2013-04-25 15.56.26.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 2013-04-25 15.56.16.jpg
    2013-04-25 15.56.16.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 99
If you have opened it, will YA still replace it or does it have to be sealed? cheers.

I have a chip more or less in the same place on Gandalf's nose, but there is another one off to the side on mine aswell as a slighter scratch. Couldn't be in a worse place.

I presume they should take it unsealed given that some chips cannot be identified until you've unsealed the item.

Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE