Attachments

• hobbit-tw.jpg
    hobbit-tw.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 251
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 258
Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies to keep spamming the thread asking the same question but anyone still waiting on delivery from YA who got their shipping notification on April 11th?

Got to wait another 10 more days before YA will class it as lost in transit and send out another copy :(

EDIT: not a great experience with my first time shopping with YA tbh, wish I'd just got the UK version :(

I didn't order The Hobbit from YA but I did order Lion King which was coincidentally also shipped on April 11th and that hasn't arrived. Something strange going on with that date? :0 Like you it's also not a great first experience ordering from them :(

Reactions: tommyh84
Received my replacement today from YA, have to say it's not 100% mint either, a few minor chips front and back but nothing like as bad as Gandalf's marked-up face on the last one.

Looks like it's gonna be as good as I get with this one.

Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
Mines definitely not arriving then if you've received two copies in the time I've been waiting for one :p :(

Mines definitely not arriving then if you've received two copies in the time I've been waiting for one :p :(

That's a strange one. Seems to be a few people not received this after having it posted on the 11th, but my original one was posted on that date too so it can't be a general problem. There must be a small batch sat somewhere that will probably turn up sometime in the future. You may find you end up with 2 of these. ;)

Same, my LK order still hasn't arrived from April 11th. Did they by any chance say they will resend it if its not delivered by May 16th? :(

They told me to contact them on the 20th if I still hadn't recieved it and they'd send out another

Would you believe it, so yesterday was the point where YA were willing to start proceedings on sending me out my replacement copy for the one that never turned up so sent them the request they replied back asking me to confirm my delivery address which I did this morning and what do I find when I get home? You guessed it ;)

Still I wont be telling YA that it's finally arrived :p

(absoloutly mint copy as well no infamous paint chips :LOL:)

I would just class it as compensation for having to wait so long

Would you believe it, so yesterday was the point where YA were willing to start proceedings on sending me out my replacement copy for the one that never turned up so sent them the request they replied back asking me to confirm my delivery address which I did this morning and what do I find when I get home? You guessed it ;)

Still I wont be telling YA that it's finally arrived :p

(absoloutly mint copy as well no infamous paint chips :LOL:)
I would just class it as compensation for having to wait so long

Reactions: tommyh84
I ended up grabbing a copy from YA the other day. I purchased the Korean version previously on YA but that lenticular cover on the Taiwan version looks too good to pass on.

The Korean version appears mint... here's hoping this version arrives mint! :scat:

I ended up grabbing a copy from YA the other day. I purchased the Korean version previously on YA but that lenticular cover on the Taiwan version looks too good to pass on.

The Korean version appears mint... here's hoping this version arrives mint! :scat:

This has a lenticular cover? You might want to double check that.

Yeah this doesn't have a lenticular cover, sorry to disappoint. It has the Taiwanese slip over it. The only Hobbit releases to have the lenticular cover were the French and German 3D releases I believe. The Taiwan steel is still very nice though

Last edited:
This has a lenticular cover? You might want to double check that.

Yeah this doesn't have a lenticular cover, sorry to disappoint. It has the Taiwanese slip over it. The only Hobbit releases to have the lenticular cover were the French and German 3D releases I believe. The Taiwan steel is still very nice though

It appears I have been mistaken :(
Nevertheless, it is a lovely steelbook.

Other than the slip cover are there any other differences between the Korean and Taiwan release?

Unless you are a completist about either The Hobbit or TW steels, I'd suggest you skip it completely. Defo not my fave of all the TW steels I've managed so far.