Release date: April 7th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

10919321-1392808199-221750.jpg

Actual pictures, thanks to ricster:
UK - The Hobbit - The Desolation of Smaug

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

kQL8qyM.jpg

kP9869b.jpg

mUAetCb.jpg

MWBpyji.jpg

DbT2dfg.jpg

b6plmls.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

wHCLeQL.jpg

ePN01PZ.jpg

q8M6nn6.jpg

EmfkIF8.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

PHedins.jpg

SqjWRQX.jpg

TCjJ5kh.jpg

0orf8VF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm temped to get all the hobbits on steelbook even though I ordered the one with a statue for the first one just like owning hobbit and lord of the rings stuff

amazon doesn't dispatch any earlier ah?

AmazonUK never do

They usually ship on a Saturday or Sunday
But they end up faster for delivery

If I had ordered from Zavvi it would have shipped early but would take 3-7 Working days to deliver on average 4 or 5 days

AmazonUk will Ship Sat/Sun and I get Delivery on Tue
if they use An Post for Rep of Ireland

Last edited:
Amazon are strange. When ever I pre-order, I choose the delivery option that states I should get it on release day. I have yet to receive an order on release day. The last thing I ordered turned up on the Sunday before (result) everything else has (and usually) turns up on the Tuesday - so I'm still not expecting to have this in my hands for at least another week

This was released in HMV and Xtra Vision in Ireland today.

I take it no other Irish ninja has picked up a copy??

No but will take a look on Sunday in the Navan Shop and take a photo if I see one and they don't notice me or buy it if AmazonUK not already despatched my order

HMV/Xtra-Vision Price €27 .99

I have this on order with AmazonUK but if I see a copy available before AmazonUK Ship I will get it from HMV and Cancel the AmazonUK order if I can but I doubt it as it usually goes to preparing for despatch on a Saturday and they ship on Saturday or the Sunday
But I wont be until Sunday before I get a chance to go to HMV

AmazonUK Price with Shipping will be around €28.99 and with a bit of luck the price might drop by Monday

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
No but will take a look on Sunday in the Navan Shop and take a photo if I see one and they don't notice me or buy it if AmazonUK not already despatched my order

HMV/Xtra-Vision Price €27 .99

I have this on order with AmazonUK but if I see a copy available before AmazonUK Ship I will get it from HMV and Cancel the AmazonUK order if I can but I doubt it as it usually goes to preparing for despatch on a Saturday and they ship on Saturday or the Sunday
But I wont be until Sunday before I get a chance to go to HMV

AmazonUK Price with Shipping will be around €28.99 and with a bit of luck the price might drop by Monday

You can order it for under €25 on Zavvi.es with that €7.50 off code.

Reactions: paulboland
Wow, there are too many releases to keep up with. I had no clue this was coming out in just a few days! Looks like there a lot left in stock on amazon, so I'll wait for pics and possibly a price drop.