Slipbox The King of Pigs (Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.3) [Korea]

Mar 21, 2013
South Korea
Release Date : 21 July, 2014

Price : $33.00

Link : Plainarchive.com - Sold Out

Note :

Plain Archive's upcoming release, 'THE KING OF PIGS'

The King of Pigs (Hangul: 돼지의 왕) is a 2011 South Korean animated drama film directed by Yeon Sang-ho. The film was selected to be screened in the Directors' Fortnight section at the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. And it won three awards at the 2011 Busan International Film Festival.

1601173_393691844108637_29689878_n.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
This doesn't look like a film thats a keeper for me or that I need to spend $50 bucks on.. but I am torn between saving $$ and keeping the Plain archive collection complete. :ohno:

All you folks posting the pics of them together are NOT helping.. :shots:

This doesn't look like a film thats a keeper for me or that I need to spend $50 bucks on.. but I am torn between saving $$ and keeping the Plain archive collection complete. :ohno:

To be honest, if PLAIN didn't put this out I would never have bought this on Blu-ray. It's not a bad movie, but not really something I ever see myself rewatching.

I don't buy movies I don't like or will never watch again, but if PLAIN keeps this up my collecting habits are definitely going to change.

Reactions: harry

To me the film is always the most important thing. Yes, it does looks cool having a complete set of something sitting on your shelves but to me it's much nicer to look at your shelves and see it filled with awesome movies in the packaging of your choice.

That's just me though...

Reactions: earthscope
To me the film is always the most important thing. Yes, it does looks cool having a complete set of something sitting on your shelves but to me it's much nicer to look at your shelves and see it filled with awesome movies in the packaging of your choice.

That's just me though...

Totally agree with that statement!

The slip box is without doubt stunning but if the film is not what I like or has major re watch value then I have to let it go. Otherwise I would need an aircraft hanger by the time I was 50 to house everything....:hilarious:

Totally agree with that statement!

The slip box is without doubt stunning but if the film is not what I like or has major re watch value then I have to let it go. Otherwise I would need an aircraft hanger by the time I was 50 to house everything....:hilarious:

I actually feel the same way and really dont want to buy this one.

However the problem is, if you dont pre-order now - and change your mind about getting this later you'll have to spend double the price to acquire it. :ohno:

Last edited:
That's IF you're lucky enough to get 1 of the 200.

I have to say, I'm worried about Saturday. :ohno: Maybe you guys should sit this one out :p :D

I actually feel the same way and really dont want to buy this one.

However the problem is, if you dont pre-order now - and change your mind about getting this later you'll have to spend double the price to acquire it. :emb:ho:

I understand what your saying.
For me if I were to buy every slip cover/ box that I liked I would end up selling my house and the wife to pay for my habit, addiction......:hilarious: :ohno:

So I always say what other films do I really want, and that are due to come out. And would I not be better spending my money on them than on a film I have no interest in just for the beautiful packing....
It's hard to pass on items like this which are of such top quality. But at the end of the day I am always glad I did. (Put my money towards a film I really want)
If I couldn't say no to slips like this then it would end up being an addiction that is controlling me and not the other way around....
You just have to go with your instincts when collecting and hopefully your right more than your wrong...;)

My way of looking at it anyway. I'm sure others will differ.....:p

Anyway I'm passing on this! Enjoy everyone.....

Last edited:
I understand what your saying.
For me if I were to buy every slip cover/ box that I liked I would end up selling my house and the wife to pay for my habit, addiction......:hilarious: :ohno:

So I always say what other films do I really want, and that are due to come out. And would I not be better spending my money on them than on a film I have no interest in just for the beautiful packing....
It's hard to pass on items like this which are of such top quality. But at the end of the day I am always glad I did. (Put that hard earned cash to something I really want)
If I couldn't say no to slips like this then it would end up being an addiction that is controlling me and not the other way around....
You just have to go with your instincts when collecting and hopefully your right more than your wrong...;)

My way of looking at it anyway. I'm sure others will differ.....:p

Anyway I'm passing on this! Enjoy everyone.....

Thanks so much for the kind words. I think I'll pick this one up just because right now I am not pressed to pay the bills as I move out in October. At that time is prolly when I'll be significantly slowing down and following your strategy.

Reactions: digitalbabe
Thanks so much for the kind words. I think I'll pick this one up just because right now I am not pressed to pay the bills as I move out in October. At that time is prolly when I'll be significantly slowing down and following your strategy.

Or you could put money aside now so that you can contiue to buy when you move.
Why buy something you don't intend to watch when there's so many you do want to watch?

That being said I do kind of understand why you're buying this.

Or you could put money aside now so that you can contiue to buy when you move.
Why buy something you don't intend to watch when there's so many you do want to watch?

That being said I do kind of understand why you're buying this.

There is absolutely no logic behind my compulsion to buy. I am likely going to think the film is ok, but dont see myself loving it or repeat watching. Plus I dont have the $$ to spend. The only thing that drives it is the need to have a "complete" Plain Archive collection.

My name is Craig, and I am an addict. :ohno:

HDN Poll results

How many copies are you buying?

Total votes - 31

1. One - 81%
2. Two -13%
3. Not sure - 6%

Thanks for the votes everyone!! Appreciate you!! :thumbs:

Good luck to everyone tonight!!

Reactions: spass and severo
There is absolutely no logic behind my compulsion to buy. I am likely going to think the film is ok, but dont see myself loving it or repeat watching. Plus I dont have the $$ to spend. The only thing that drives it is the need to have a "complete" Plain Archive collection.

My name is Craig, and I am an addict. :ohno:

:hilarious:

We're all addicts here in one way or another buddy....:ohno: :D

Hi Craig! Says the rest of us in the room.

duffless13.png

:hilarious: :hilarious: