Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Release date: July 19, 2016
Purchase link: Bestbuy.ca - Amazon CA
Price: $27.99

littleP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I saw Demolition yesterday. It did have a slip... but nothing special about it at all. Actually it was pretty 'meh'.
it just looks like this, but with a slip.
51zzLGb3p1L._AA320_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

it was just reg glossy. no embossing or anything nice from what I remember.

Thanks, man. Yeah, it's being released by VVS who usually does pretty boring slipcovers. I figured it would have a slipcover.

Demolition will most likely have a Canadian exclusive slipcover. That came out yesterday. The Wave came with a cool lenticular slipcover. I Am Wrath and Criminal would've most likely released with Canadian exclusive slipcovers on July 26th. Maybe another Canadian member can confirm whether those were released with slips or not since I haven't been Blu-ray shopping in a few weeks (@AlienKing @rj531 @kaw???) The Lobster was also released in a cool Canadian exclusive Digipack.

Other than that, nothing else is really on the radar. If you like Scream Factory releases, those are released with slipcovers in Canada, too, so you could order those. They'd probably be cheaper from Amazon.ca than .com since the Canadian dollar is lower.

Good luck! :thumbs:
Was really hoping for a cool slipcover for Demolition. Amazing movie. But after reading the posts above...:((n)

I can confirm Criminal and The Wave have slipcovers. Although I don't think The Wave was a lenticular. I remember seeing really cool embossing on it.

I cant really remember I Am Wrath. Is that John Travolta's movie? If so, then I think it had a slipcover...

Was really hoping for a cool slipcover for Demolition. Amazing movie. But after reading the posts above...:((n)

I can confirm Criminal and The Wave have slipcovers. Although I don't think The Wave was a lenticular. I remember seeing really cool embossing on it.

I cant really remember I Am Wrath. Is that John Travolta's movie? If so, then I think it had a slipcover...

Hmm, you saw an embossed slipcover for The Wave? The one I saw was a lenticular and it was definitely a Canadian slipcover. Interesting...

Thanks to @kaw @Drum18 @Apollon @tridon

Thanks so much for all the photos and inputs.

I have received it today and it is, as described by you guys, definitely the Best Slipcover of the Year so Far and true everything is embossed and the spot gloss treatment on the back ouffff what a slip :drool: This is a Must Have ! I wonder what kind of treatment the US slip has.

Not sure if the U.S. will even receive a release for this. Netflix picked the film up in the U.S. and they don't usually release their exclusives on Blu-ray or DVD.

Reactions: Actarus
Thanks to @kaw @Drum18 @Apollon @tridon

Thanks so much for all the photos and inputs.

I have received it today and it is, as described by you guys, definitely the Best Slipcover of the Year so Far and true everything is embossed and the spot gloss treatment on the back ouffff what a slip :drool: This is a Must Have ! I wonder what kind of treatment the US slip has.

Congrats!

Reactions: Actarus
Hmm, you saw an embossed slipcover for The Wave? The one I saw was a lenticular and it was definitely a Canadian slipcover. Interesting...
I'm might have the Wave slipcover. If i find it, i'll post a pic.

And I saw Demolition slip today :arghh:(n)
VVS; same guys who did slips for Exposed. I hate how they put extra thick blue banners :confused: Like WTF?! Why? It's not 2006 anymore :stop::angry:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and Actarus
I finally watched The Little Prince and loved the way it was made, such a beautiful film and love the soundtrack, that song is just infectious and works so well in the movie...

And @tridon I had said ''one of the best slip for Canada'', but you are right so to quote you it is ''THE Best Slip Ever for a Canadian Slipcover''

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I finally watched The Little Prince and loved the way it was made, such a beautiful film and love the soundtrack, that song is just infectious and works so well in the movie...

And @tridon I had said ''one of the best slip for Canada'', but you are right so to quote you it is ''THE Best Slip Ever for a Canadian Slipcover''

Ohhh... that's a bold statement, my friend. There's some heavy-duty contenders out there for "THE Best Slip Ever for a Canadian Slipcover". ;)

The list of best Canada-exclusive slips is a very short list... 3 or 4 to be exact. Drive was the undisputed leader until many years later when we welcomed Wild Canada, Paddington, and just recently The Little Prince. I think Paddington and Prince are the best, having so much great stuff going on, on all sides of the slip: embossing, paper, texture, reflectiveness and other printing features. Drive and Prince are the only ones I got when they came out. I had to hunt the others down after learning of them. My sample size of 6 is very small, but I have seen the beauty shots of others and have not been tempted. The pictures below are not beauty shots. They don't show off all the greatness. The only one I'd add for now is the Sin City lenticular (waiting for the right price at ebay).

IMG_1813.JPG IMG_1815.JPG IMG_1814.JPG

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Actarus and tridon