Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
Release date: July 19, 2016
Purchase link: Bestbuy.ca - Amazon CA
Price: $27.99

littleP.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The list of best Canada-exclusive slips is a very short list... 3 or 4 to be exact. Drive was the undisputed leader until many years later when we welcomed Wild Canada, Paddington, and just recently The Little Prince. I think Paddington and Prince are the best, having so much great stuff going on, on all sides of the slip: embossing, paper, texture, reflectiveness and other printing features. Drive and Prince are the only ones I got when they came out. I had to hunt the others down after learning of them. My sample size of 6 is very small, but I have seen the beauty shots of others and have not been tempted. The pictures below are not beauty shots. They don't show off all the greatness. The only one I'd add for now is the Sin City lenticular (waiting for the right price at ebay).

View attachment 259832 View attachment 259833 View attachment 259834

Evil Dead 2 definitely had a great slipcover. This is a very good list. Definitely most of the best on here. Canada usually releases one or two mind-blowing slipcovers ever year. Some obvious ones missing off of your great list here would be Piranha 3D, The Boxtrolls 3D, The Crow, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, the Insidious films, the Future Shop and HMV glow-in-the-dark exclusives for Paranorman, and the majority of the lenticular Alliance Blu-ray Essentials collection. It really all comes down to what you like for finishes.

Regardless, The Little Prince is easily one of the very best. If you're a fan of embossing, it's a must-have!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: WKRP
Memento and Pan's Labyrinth lenticulars are part of the Alliance Blu-ray Essentials collection. Since Kimchidvd/Blu Collection did their similar Memento lenticular slip, I stopped trying to acquire the Canadian slip and forgot about that one. I wanted it really bad before Kimchidvd took care of me, so I would put that in the second tier of best slips, below my co-champions. I appreciate off-topic discussion when a super-cool slip comes out, which in another thread gave me the heads up for both Paddington and Wild Canada, in posts by the same cool members contributing to this thread, no doubt! I wouldn't mind adding Insidious at some point. I was OK with it back then, and the effect holds up over time.

Alliance Blu-ray Essentials.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: tridon
The list of best Canada-exclusive slips is a very short list... 3 or 4 to be exact. Drive was the undisputed leader until many years later when we welcomed Wild Canada, Paddington, and just recently The Little Prince. I think Paddington and Prince are the best, having so much great stuff going on, on all sides of the slip: embossing, paper, texture, reflectiveness and other printing features. Drive and Prince are the only ones I got when they came out. I had to hunt the others down after learning of them. My sample size of 6 is very small, but I have seen the beauty shots of others and have not been tempted. The pictures below are not beauty shots. They don't show off all the greatness. The only one I'd add for now is the Sin City lenticular (waiting for the right price at ebay).

View attachment 259832 View attachment 259833 View attachment 259834

What's so special with that Paddington slip? Is it better than the Punisher slip or Pan's Labyrinth?

The level of detail of the embossing on it is amazing.
Every drop of water, Every strand of fur, they look incredible.
I was lucky enough to find it for under $10 last year. Couldn't believe it.
Nice. It's not lenticular like the US Target slipcover?

Amazon.ca has it for $15 CND (thats like $12 US)... no guarantee it comes with the slip tho.
No, amazon.ca does not have the slip. I ordered from them hoping it had it. Thereafter I got it from a seller on ebay.ca. The seller listed the slip as having "very minor wear." I sent a message for more details but the price was so good, I figured, "Then what the heck, don't vote for Bill," and paid C $10.31 including shipping on May 01, 2016. Afterward, the seller wrote,

I believe you bought this? The slipcover is actually in very good shape as you will see. One or two corners are not "crisp" looking but the slipcover otherwise looks perfect.

Just look for that image and it will be the CA edition. Then check on whether it has the slip and what kind of shape it's in. You will never regret getting this slip. Totally amazing.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus and kaw