The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBooks) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 30, 2020 - January 23, 2023 (Re print) - July 8, 2024 (Re print)
Purchase links: WB Shop - Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £99.99
Finish: Matte w/ no 'bossing (steelbook & case)
Notes: WB Shop includes Artcards - UHD Discs only does not include Blu-ray discs

81Q8mRHYcAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
The images are bollocks anyway, as MGM wasn't involved with LOTR (Warner neither, for that part, except in Germany and East Europe).
New line films is now merged into warner
This is why re- releases of new line films are from warner
Also why UK re-releases of The Lord of the rings is not from Entertainment in Video
Same applies to other countries these are now warner releases

I expect this will come back available with some retailers at various stages

You will have customer cancellations closer to release date due to ordering from multiple retailers same time

I have these on pre order for now but I would have much preferred if these came now with extras rather than having to wait until next year so I'm not sure if I might end up cancelling my orders

In 2021
There will be a 4K+2D Blu-ray middle earth collection box set of all 6 films with the existing and new extras next year the price of this will likely be huge :rofl:

Then later again in 2021 you will have separate 4K and Blu-ray standard editions of the lord or the rings trilogy and Hobbit trilogy films which will also include the new and existing extras
Pretty much where I am. I would like the ultimate set next year. I do like these sets, but the matt maybe dull. I have pre ordered both sets. Will see later whether to keep.

Reactions: paulboland
I expect this will come back available with some retailers at various stages

You will have customer cancellations closer to release date due to ordering from multiple retailers same time

I have these on pre order for now but I would have much preferred if these came now with extras rather than having to wait until next year so I'm not sure if I might end up cancelling my orders

In 2021
There will be a 4K+2D Blu-ray middle earth collection box set of all 6 films with the existing and new extras next year the price of this will likely be huge :rofl:

Then later again in 2021 you will have separate 4K and Blu-ray standard editions of the lord or the rings trilogy and Hobbit trilogy films with will also include the new and existing extras
What are the chances of Peter Jackson going George Lucas and touching up some of the effects for next years releases?

What are the chances of Peter Jackson going George Lucas and touching up some of the effects for next years releases?
I don't know if Peter Jackson has done any changes or what the remaster editions will look like

I'm more interested in what the new extras will be as I already have the theatrical and extended versions of the films
Which is why I'm more interested in the 2021 planned releases

Reactions: Lord Vader
Probably that too. Those shelves have a history of of being a nightmare to ship if they're not done right.

Passing on these. See what HDZETA come up with......

Yup!

The fact they never finished the UK jumbo steel extended cuts after Fellowship, now these with no extended cut standard blurays just 4K = MASSIVE pass. The 20th Anni is coming up and they are bound to do something special making these dusty sets not selling on eBay. I'll wait to see what HDzeta come up with or the Anni versions.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
As I already own the original extended editions on dvd and watched the hours and hours of exhaustive (and brilliant!) docs and various extras.... I’m one of the few whose happy to have a “movie only” collection on the horizon.

Having spent I don’t know how many hours wading through all the previously released extra content I consider my boots well and truly filled, so I’m actually looking forward to this bare bones release. Just the movies in the 4K spank-o-vision is fine by me :)

New line films is now merged into warner
This is why re- releases of new line films are from warner
Also why UK re-releases of The Lord of the rings is not from Entertainment in Video
Same applies to other countries these are now warner releases
I know. Still, doesn't explain the MGM.

I know. Still, doesn't explain the MGM.
The images are only mock up not actual photos of release

MGM applies to The Hobbit Trilogy films as they was invloved in the production of the Hobbit Trilogy
That's also why you see MGM logo on the middle earth box set collection

The actual steelbooks of lord of the trilogy will likely not have the MGM logo but the hobbit steelbooks will

Y
Is it confirmed that the proper 4k set with extra will come next year? I dont understand why this set already doesnt have everything?

Yes in summer 2021 there will be a middle earth 4K+2D box set of all 6 films with existing and new extras

Then later in Autumn 2021 there will be separate 4K and Blu-ray standard releases of Lord of the Rings Trilogy box sets that will have the existing and new extras
Blu-ray edition in 2021 will be using same 4K Scan remaster as used for the 4K UHD release.

The steelbook and Amaray editions released in November/December 2020 is just 4K UHD discs only with no extras discs or Blu-ray discs of the films

The new extras are still been worked on so they not ready yet so that's why it will be in 2021

If you want a release with the new extras you will have to wait for the 4K+2D Blu-ray middle earth box set getting a release in 2021

Y

Yes in summer 2021 there will be a middle earth 4K+2D box set of all 6 films with existing and new extras

Then later in Autumn 2021 there will be separate 4K and Blu-ray standard releases of Lord of the Rings Trilogy box sets that will have the existing and new extras
Blu-ray edition in 2021 will be using same 4K Scan remaster as used for the 4K UHD release.

The steelbook and Amaray editions released in November/December 2020 is just 4K UHD discs only with no extras discs or Blu-ray discs of the films

The new extras are still been worked on so they not ready yet so that's why it will be in 2021

If you want a release with the new extras you will have to wait for the 4K+2D Blu-ray middle earth box set getting a release in 2021
But will the new set be a steelbook release or else ?