The Martian (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #28) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: March 29, 2016 (FAC) - April 1, 2016 (Unnumbered)
Purchase link: FAC - Unnumbered
Price: 899 CZK
Notes: Numbered FAC edition limited to 1000 copies - Unnumbered edition limited to 396 copies
Group buy: FAC (CLOSED - FULL), Unnumbered (CLOSED - FULL)

PLEASE USE THIS TIMEZONE CONVERTER.

M1.jpg12735875_1284658674884017_238350934_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not everyone can afford or want to multi dip in different versions, I feel for the Quality and The Price not to Mention this Stunning Artwork, beautiful Package that FA has come up it is the one to own in my Book.

and we see just a Mockup of the WEA FullSlip, But whenever we see the real pics or we get them we see how stunning the finish on the Fullsips are...never just Plain !

and just my 2 cents, but to my recollection of all their releases that contained the Magnet Lenticulars as a Bonus Item, it seems only a small part of the batch was affected for Ex_Machina, all other releases My Lenticular Magnets have no damage...so I don't know why people make a big deal about isolated incidents.

Last edited:
Reactions: chunk and harry
Italian, Thai and Taiwan releases so far are glossy. People have posted pictures.

Scanavo can not be trusted with their info any more. Especially after telling us Jurassic World had an embossed effect...

they said embossed ''Effect'' meaning it looks like it is embossed, they never mentioned that it was ''embossed''.
To me the JW Steelbook does have the embossed ''effect'' as it was mentioned, I never expected it to be ''embossed'' from the way it was described.

I don't know where you saw pictures of the Taiwan Glossy Steelbook of The Martian as it is not released Yet and only the Mockup Pictures updated with the 1/4 slip I have seen so far.
Release date february 2nd of The Martian Taiwan Steelbook.

Last edited:
they said embossed ''Effect'' meaning it looks like it is embossed, they never mentioned that it was ''embossed''.
To me the JW Steelbook does have the embossed ''effect'' as it was mentioned, I never expected it to be ''embossed'' from the way it was described.

I don't know where you saw pictures of the Taiwan Glossy Steelbook of The Martian as it is not released Yet and only the Mockup Pictures updated with the 1/4 slip I have seen so far.
Release date february 2nd of The Martian Taiwan Steelbook.
One of the threads has a unboxing video of the Asian release and it is definitely glossy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Actarus
One of the threads has a unbox ingredients video of the Asian release and it is definitely glossy.

For me I really do not care, whether it is Matte Finish or Glossy I love both Finishes,

but it is very strange since it is the WWA Steel, I would expect all releases to either be all Matte Finish or all Glossy Finish...

Edit: Just saw the video Unboxing of the Hong Kong Version and it is Glossy, so I do think it is just a mistake from Scanavo to describe it as Matte. It Is Clearly Glossy and Hong Kong is same manufacturer as Taiwan so it will be same finish...I don't see Scanavo doing 2 types of finish for a WWA Steel. So I expect this to be just a mistake from Scanavo to describe it as Matte,
The Glossy is really Nice !!!

Last edited:
TBH, my take on "embossed effect" is not "embossed finishing"... I didn't expect JW to be embossed just appearing so
It doesn't appear so though
At least not to me.

You could say that about any flat 2D steelbook cover then if there's s bit of shadow or shading on it.....?

They'd have been better saying nothing.

As long as the finish is glossy I'm fine. I can always work around the spine. I did for After Earth, WhiteHouse Is Down, Indiana Jones Quadrilogy (FR), Dredd (JP) and Lockout (JP).
As Bill Clinton once said A Glossy Face is a Happy face.

Last edited:
In case of JW, Drum18 even double checked the meaning of "embossed effect" on their twitter site. They don't seem to know about their products themselves.
So in this case, I wouldn't be so sure about what they say ;)

I can see why it could be misinterpreted but I looked up a definition that would be related to this and here is what I found.

something designed to produce a distinctive or desired impression
so for those who see it as just an illusion/impression of being embossed, this would apply, but it can be confusing I can agree with you...

when I see ''embossed treatment'' it is when I expect to see some actual embossing

In any case, I'll get back on Topic as this is The Martian Release after all.

Cannot wait for this FAC, Final product will be awesome as Usual, what a way to Start the Year with a sweet release as this one :happy:

Last edited:
@Actarus it's about the credibility of their informations about the finish of this steelbook. So I think we were right on topic.
Anyway, I am only saying that no one can be sure about it until live pics apear or @carllenc confirms it. :)

Edit: as you can see, there is already a discrepancy to the BS from FA concerning title ;)

Last edited: