The Mummy Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #002) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 25, 2017
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order May 30 at 8 PM GMT)
Price: £48.99
Notes: Single steelbooks sold as a trilogy in a faux leather slipcase to hold all 3, design based on the “Book Of The Dead". Limited to only 680 units

mum2.jpg

17498802_674411886099723_2496518247385805868_n.jpg 17499530_674411979433047_8843312424843677142_n.jpg 17498752_674412032766375_105154066373638677_n.jpg
Announcement! Blu Pick Series 002: The Mummy Trilogy (not to be confused with the trilogy steelbook. This is for the single steelbooks sold as a trilogy)

EverythingBlu will be releasing The Mummy Trilogy (single SteelBooks) as our second release in the Blu Pick Series. Check out the details below:

• Limited to only 680 units worldwide
• Faux Leather Slipcase to hold all 3 SteelBooks, design based on the “Book Of The Dead”
• Embossing
• De-bossing
• Gold Foiling
• Gold foiled Numbering (Directly applied onto slipcase)
• Felt interior with 2x dividers - to stop the SteelBooks making contact with one another and causing damage

Price, Pre-order & Release details along with the artwork of the Faux Leather Slipcase will be revealed very soon.

Let us know what you think & thank you to everyone supporting EverythingBlu!
upload_2017-5-15_13-0-53-png.312282

Last edited by a moderator:
the box looks too good to not being bought, but I still havent received SOTD ....tracking number says, that I'll receive it next week, hmm.

I don't mind giving my money to a premium retailer for a month or so for a release and have been for the past 2+ years but the trust has gone out the window quite a bit with EB and the Shaun release with the way they have handled it

When I ordered Shaun I'm pretty sure they gave a rough release date and I was cool with that for a new retailers first release (not counting KK) but then so many changes were happening and delays etc

I'm still waiting on my Shaun box so I can't make proper judgement on their actual products but the fact most still haven't had a disptach and its quickly becoming 3 weeks now since sending orders out which is technically not far off another month delay to some

Going foward I want to get the rest of the cornetto trilogy to make the set but I'm hoping they could step away from 3 month release dates pretty f*cking soon, which puts me off personally. And let's face it EB are no BF just yet

They are no way at the level of ANY of the other premium retailers yet which have earned my trust and thousands of others. I know this takes time and not just after one release but it's been too rocky for my liking with them.

I'm not buying this release but I was hoping to use the mummy as more of a experiment to see how they also handle this and use that to then work out if I want to continue buying from them but I wasn't expecting a 3 month wait with possible delays and changes after money is taken so I'm assuming hot fuzz will go live inbetween that time?! Maybe just after like this is to Shaun.... I dunno

The other premium retailers have made a huge name for themselves and I fully trust them. It's a completely different scenario to this company. Something just don't sit right with me and my thoughts on EB just yet, others may feel the same or it might just be me. Hope I'm wrong but my instincts are usually good with that kind of thing. Time will tell.
Yeah They have a lot to prove and I hope things works out because it's cool that someone in the UK is finally trying to go premium

Also to post #336, it don't matter if they think they are in it for the long haul -They can still go bust. They are in a start up position still. They need to make enough money on pre order to fufill orders. A lot can still go wrong
*Disclaimer*
I am in no way sticking up for EB (as I have none of their titles yet...)
When you say EB is no BF, it kind of made me giggle - because Manta became MANTA! on their FIRST release!:rofl: On their FIRST release everbody already crowned them the "New King".:LOL:
I love Manta releases - but any retailer can go from bums to kings in a heartbeat with fairweather collectors. I hope EB is good stuff. (I never wish for a loser). Most startups are gonna have growing pains - cut 'em some slack. If you get SOTD and it isn't great - then unload. But there is also a good chance you are going love it too! ;)

Lets get this straight everyone. As Stiffler has stated first impressions of any retailer are the most important. Just like you go for a job interview, the first few minutes they will know if they want to employ you or not. It's not about being patient for months and months to eventually they will dispatch and have it in our hands? They are a new retailer, they should be there to impress us so will give them more money and trust again and they can invest and fund more projects. Without us, there will be no more exclusives.

Another thing to straighten out. Those who compare EB to all the other premium retailers there are the same delays, blah de blah, need to consider that EB is a NEW retailer. NOT an ESTABLISHED retailer. That's a massive difference. Any new retailer such as EB with cost cutting corners and continuous delays, not giving us the product we original paid for, all eyes are going to be straight at EB to know why all the cost cutting measures, why the slowest dispatch ever on release date?

Once we can see EB as a trusted and established retailer over time, our money we have provided feels much more safer, just like when we order from FA, Nova, Zeta etc. Manta were new last year. Their first impressions nailed it with Man of Steel. Of course everyone is going to pay up front again. Now any time we give Manta money we KNOW for sure it be delivered on time and a quality product. Yes give or take their might be the odd one or two delays that can happen. But they passed the initial test and have become an established retailer.

But here EB falls short on their first impressions. So bad that they even struggling to even ship this. How can we be sure this isn't going to happen again? Anyone ordering should take a very cautious approach. But this isnt the standard 4-6 weeks waiting time like other retailers when you pay up front. This is 3 months. The only obvious reason for that is new retailer trying to put their name down in the premium market and need our money in advance to fund future projects.

Of course it's your money do what you want. For me I am going to be very cautious approach to order on pre-order date simply because the trust has deteriorated.
Let us know when you have pre-ordered The Mummy Trilogy.:p

*Disclaimer*
I am in no way sticking up for EB (as I have none of their titles yet...)
When you say EB is no BF, it kind of made me giggle - because Manta became MANTA! on their FIRST release!:rofl: On their FIRST release everbody already crowned them the "New King".:LOL:
I love Manta releases - but any retailer can go from bums to kings in a heartbeat with fairweather collectors. I hope EB is good stuff. (I never wish for a loser). Most startups are gonna have growing pains - cut 'em some slack. If you get SOTD and it isn't great - then unload. But there is also a good chance you are going love it too! ;)

Well personally it still took me a few releases to crown manta and they keep getting better and better, yeah I was very impressed with man of steel and in honesty their first (mos) looks miles better than EBs Shaun, which still looks great in the pics. I've also spoke to manta quite a lot and quite often and thier CS is excellent. One of the best I've found out of all premium retailers.

EB shouldn't be compared to any premium retailer just yet was my point with the BF comment - which I believe I said straight after

I've said all along I've cut EB some slack but as we have all gone over a million times EB started to fall short of expectations around the shipping date. they went silent, made changes after money was taken (and not small changes) and crazy delays in shipping. I let all that slip. Again I made that clear quite a few times, annoying but I let t all slip.
I contacted them Saturday morning and got a reply a few hours later, I then replied and got a reply within a hour whereas some members like acid hasn't even had one reply from them.
They are all over the place and it's clear as day.
I've said a million times and directly to EB in a email that I want to support them but they need to sort their shiz out,
Again I know there will be some teething problems and I fully understand that but they fact something don't quite sit right with me about EB is a personal thing and I stated I may be wrong about that.
I look forward to how they tackle hot fuzz and other releases in terms of design etc and fully want to support them, they have stated that for their other releases logistics will be handled different and also stated that to me in email but then they also said all shipping for Shaun will be done by the weekend just passed. And it hasn't lol so how can We trust them? Will they change? Time will tell

Props to Ben for coming on here the other day. It won't hurt them or take up too much time for little updates like that every few days, even a copy and paste of their face book posts will help ease of some worried minds. Just worrying that do many customers who ordered in the first 5 mins are still waiting on disptach notices and replies

I can tell by the pics I'm going to love it and I'll say this one last time, I've cut them enough slack over the past 3 months after every delay and change

If they handled logistics and shipping differently we wouldn't be having this conversation, I had a theory about how many they were sending out each day and I think I'm pretty bang on which if true its embarrassing.

Last edited:
all i know is that they staring and i remember when blufans started we had the same delays and they took our money up front, so i'm gonna gave them a chance by ordering this just coz i love the look of the whole package and i prefer to wait and for them to make a awesome collector's edition to have a so so and expensive product!

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95 and BDDB