The Mummy Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #002) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 25, 2017
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order May 30 at 8 PM GMT)
Price: £48.99
Notes: Single steelbooks sold as a trilogy in a faux leather slipcase to hold all 3, design based on the “Book Of The Dead". Limited to only 680 units

mum2.jpg

17498802_674411886099723_2496518247385805868_n.jpg 17499530_674411979433047_8843312424843677142_n.jpg 17498752_674412032766375_105154066373638677_n.jpg
Announcement! Blu Pick Series 002: The Mummy Trilogy (not to be confused with the trilogy steelbook. This is for the single steelbooks sold as a trilogy)

EverythingBlu will be releasing The Mummy Trilogy (single SteelBooks) as our second release in the Blu Pick Series. Check out the details below:

• Limited to only 680 units worldwide
• Faux Leather Slipcase to hold all 3 SteelBooks, design based on the “Book Of The Dead”
• Embossing
• De-bossing
• Gold Foiling
• Gold foiled Numbering (Directly applied onto slipcase)
• Felt interior with 2x dividers - to stop the SteelBooks making contact with one another and causing damage

Price, Pre-order & Release details along with the artwork of the Faux Leather Slipcase will be revealed very soon.

Let us know what you think & thank you to everyone supporting EverythingBlu!
upload_2017-5-15_13-0-53-png.312282

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very annoyed that these new to the U.K. steelbooks should end up with a boutique seller only as a slipboxed package instead of in the customary way "loose" with Zavvi/Amazon/HMV where they should have been.
Why should it be that way? You are saying that no retailer should be allowed exclusive release unless they also release them as a plain jane release? Thats not fair IMO to force a retailer to do that.

Why should it be that way? You are saying that no retailer should be allowed exclusive release unless they also release them as a plain jane release? Thats not fair IMO to force a retailer to do that.

I do actually agree with him in this instance and that's only because other countries are getting seperate steels. Why should you only buy as a box set in the uk?

But the counter argument is zavvi getting a trilogy release

as someone like me who's not a purist, i'm glad that there's more options to choose from.. we blame them for over-saturating the market yet at the same time we thank some of them for creating/thinking different innovations for steelbook releases.. one thing is sure:: in steelbook it's impossible to please everyone..

Please don't misunderstand my point, deliberately or otherwise.

I feel that, yes, EBlu should indeed have an allocation but NOT an exclusive allocation especially for mass market/mass appeal/blockbuster films such as these.
Worldwide (Unadjusted)
Rank Title (click to view) Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year
1 THE MUMMY RETURNS Universal. $433.0M $202.0 46.7% $231.0 53.3% 2001 (budget $98M)
2 THE MUMMY Uni. $415.9M $155.4 37.4% $260.5 62.6% 1999 (budget $90M)
3 THE MUMMY: TOMB OF THE DRAGON EMPEROR Uni. $401.1M $102.5 25.6% $298.6 74.4% 2008 (budget $145)
That's over $1.2B at the box office alone and not counting home video releases!

This release should definitely be non-exclusive like it is in every other territory I've checked (as Flloydo so aptly pointed out above) and I find it hard to believe that if EBlu hadn't picked these three up HMV or Zavvi wouldn't have.

As far as I'm concerned they're welcome to put all three in a slipbox or do whatever they like with them. Let them add a "Mummy" poster, a set of six Artcards, a keychain. even a decorative scarab beetle (lol) and sell them on for premium/semi-premium prices BUT at the same time nobody is going to make me believe that steelbooks new to the U.K. should not be with the main retailers as a priority with a small stock allocated to a boutique label to put into collectable packaging and sell at a premium. Now THAT'S what I consider fair.

. . . and, yes, it's unfair that after all these years . . . when we're finally getting MUMMY 1, 2 & 3 Blu-ray steelbooks that they're not being stocked by HMV/Zavvi/Amazon and, yes, thank God the single steel trilogy has just reared it's head at Zavvi as some consolation and even though that steelbook could be the most attractive release in-hand of all four I'd like the chance to buy the standalones too to go with the three-in-one and at sensible "plain Jane" prices.

Anyone else notice that these steels look much better in the mock-ups than they do in-hand?
II
V

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
it's not like they are not available from several other sources that ship to UK though. I would be slightly upset if that was the case. But with 3 other places that deliver to UK I dont see any big deal since its the same steel everywhere I think. To me that's not to "unfair" at all. Hell unfair is how US and Canada probably get 10% of the steelbooks that other regions get and other countries less than that lol. We have to import practically everything from Germany and Italy as they seem to get the most releases right with Zavvi who is probably #1.

Anyway if someone really needs the individuals for 1 and 2 and doesnt want three they can get those for pretty cheap from 2 other Amazons so far.

it's not like they are not available from several other sources that ship to UK though. I would be slightly upset if that was the case. But with 3 other places that deliver to UK I dont see any big deal since its the same steel everywhere I think. To me that's not to "unfair" at all. Hell unfair is how US and Canada probably get 10% of the steelbooks that other regions get and other countries less than that lol. We have to import practically everything from Germany and Italy as they seem to get the most releases right with Zavvi who is probably #1.

Anyway if someone really needs the individuals for 1 and 2 and doesnt want three they can get those for pretty cheap from 2 other Amazons so far.

If you seen my other posts you will see i have mentioned other countries but I've already said its guaranteed to be damaged from Amazon Italy like all my packages from there have been and Germany is reportedly flat with no bossing (not sure how true that is)

I don't think I'll have a issue getting the first 2 if I really want them but I have to risk damage from Italy.

Reactions: howarmat
I'll see the price and look of the faux leather case but at the minute I'll probably just pre-order the Zavvi trilogy and see how that goes. If the Amazon Italy first film drops back down in price to match the others I may just get films one and two. We'll see. I could be tempted by this with a very nice case though. I've only ever ordered once from Italy (Ex Machina) and I was lucky with it arriving safe I guess.

As for EverythingBlu doing this release, I remember the first film being massive when I was at school. I must've watched it at least a dozen times in the first few years after its release so I can see why it's an appeal for them to grab this exclusive and it'll sell well. I know the 3rd film gets a lot of flack but I watched it at the cinema and remember thinking it was really silly and nothing like the others but I'd seen worse. And for an audience of collectors, especially those who do really buy into these premium priced things (not me) they'll want the 3rd film anyway just for the completist factor.

So UK is the only country getting English title and embossing?

1) GERMANY According to another site and from HDN:-
"Version Amazon.de n’aura pas d’embossage et le titre sera en Allemand. Info confirmée par Universal Germany."
and
"No em/debossing of the German Versions-foreign Version yes-Germany no (n) - according to UPHE". "Universal Germany confirmed it. The german Steelbooks will become a german Title and no em/debossing."
and for German speakers . . . the reason given is:-
"Bedauerlicherweise müssen wir Ihnen an dieser Stelle mitteilen, dass sich die Befürchtung einiger Sammler bestätigt hat und die deutschen Steelbooks nach Angaben von UPHE keine Prägung besitzen werden. Das hat aber seine Gründe und diese hat man uns nicht vorenthalten. UPHE begründet diese Entscheidung folgendermaßen: „Grund hierfür ist, dass die Übersetzung des Titelschriftzugs ins Deutsche bei der Produktion des Steelbooks eine eigene, deutsche Version erfordert. Aufgrund der geringen, limitierten Auflage verzichten wir in solchen Fällen auf Prägungen und sämtliche 'Veredelungen', um die Produkte für jeden erschwinglich zu halten“. Abschließend heißt es im offiziellen Statement: „Wir sind uns sicher, im Sinne der meisten Fans zu handeln, die auf Steelbooks auch in Zukunft nicht verzichten möchten“. (pf)

2) ITALY Amazon.it - same as U.K. (reportedly) but according to some members their steelbook packaging leaves a lot to be desired.
Re packaging: DVD-Store could be a better bet but as far as I can make out only courier delivery provided for abroad (?) which could bump up the price.

3) FRANCE Amazon.fr / Fnac - waiting for news on the three individuals.

4) CZECH REPUBLIC FilmArena - same as U.K. (reportedly) but at 20 quid a pop (plus P&P presumablee) makes for 60 quid plus for the three . . .

5) SCANDINAVIAN COUNTRIES - same as U.K. (reportedly)

RE: SINGLE STEEL TRILOGY
- SCANDINAVIAN COUNTRIES and ITALY - reportedly same details as U.K.
- GERMANY - reportedly same details as individual steels (i.e. no emb/de-b w/ German title).
- FRANCE - French title?

i like what @EverythingBlu are doing with this mid-level release of an older title. :thumbs: i've had the 'ultimate deluxe' (hah!) dvd version (with added boardgame, no less!) as here
9998712-1265043534-601000.jpg
and also here for ages. the films (well, at least the first 2) are Saturday afternoon serial-style yarns that set out (and succeed in being) just fun. :) but they're not essential, so i've never thought 'damn, i wish they'd bring out a premium version.' but something like this release has got me pretty interested. :watch:

i can understand some of the frustration about the single steel exclusivity, but the trilogy steelbook's at zavvi if you want the set cheaper. it all comes down to (finances that month and) that faux leather slip! looking forward to the big reveal...:wow:

Reactions: EverythingBlu