The Pianist (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (WEA) [UK]

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
2k run

Release Date: September 15th (was 11 August 2014)

£17.99

Buy link: The Pianist (Sold Out!)

The Pianist.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 276
Last edited by a moderator:
I will agree with that statement, both are valid and are for different markets. I own German steels and UK steels for the same film and US/UK steels etc etc and no one knocks that. I don't know why there is an Asia/UK divide.

As I say, we're all collectors, we all have our preference, and we're all spending our own money.

You pays your money, you takes your choice.

Shipping to the UK from Kimchi is $21.80 as I said not $10.80

K-packet is not an option you'd like to take - unless you're willing to throw your money away should it be lost - perhaps you'd like me to pull up figures for loss of packages from Asia as well?!

Personally, I don't give a toss either way. You want to buy Kimchi or Plain Archive - go ahead.

Just (and this is a general request) quit knocking Zavvi every time the Koreans come up with the same title. It's not exactly fair, or even well placed often time.

'Nuff said!

I was not knocking Zavvi, I use them all the time, all this started because I asked you how you could save £30? There is nothing wrong with K packet, it's tracked and signed for from door to door, it's a descent size well packed box. Plus you have chargeback from Paypal, so no-one is throwing money away. So that $10 shipping plus the steel equates to a little under £27, which is exactly what I paid. You cannot count customs as that is not always going to happen, I have yet to be hit by customs and have most Kimchi and Blufans releases. So I think it is unfair that you go around calling people liars when the figures are actually correct for what I paid.

Queue the asian army trying to convince themselves and everyone else that their one is better and more exclusive despite it more than likely being the same steelbook sans the flimsy cards that cost 4p to produce!

You're wrong. It will be a different steelbook. We don't need to convince ourselves of anything - the KimchiDVD steelbook is better and more exclusive, unless out of the blue Zavvi decides to step up their game and add gloss, a booklet, two slipboxes, a 1/4 slip, a lenticular slip, individually numbered cards, etc. You're the one trying to convince yourself by minimizing the Kimchi release to "flimsy cards".

I need something to put inside my KimchiDvD free gift Slip Box. If I can summon the strength to even open it :hilarious:

If the artwork is good, ill try for a cherry OCD sealed/mint copy for my "sealed-collection". No need to open it as Ive opened a Kimchi Lenti. Amazing film.

Last edited:
I was not knocking Zavvi, I use them all the time, all this started because I asked you how you could save £30? There is nothing wrong with K packet, it's tracked and signed for from door to door, it's a descent size well packed box. Plus you have chargeback from Paypal, so no-one is throwing money away. So that $10 shipping plus the steel equates to a little under £27, which is exactly what I paid. You cannot count customs as that is not always going to happen, I have yet to be hit by customs and have most Kimchi and Blufans releases. So I think it is unfair that you go around calling people liars when the figures are actually correct for what I paid.

Yes, well liar was a little (or perhaps a lot) strong!

Given the incessant 'I hate Zavvi, I love Kimchi' tone of some of the contributors, especially given this is a thread for a Zavvi release, I got rather angry, aimed it at you and shouldn't have.

As for Paypal, I never trust them outside of ebay, and if things went arse over apex I have no faith they would come up with the dosh - experience tells me though that I can trust the CC companies/banks.

Have never used K packet, so you have enlightened, if not totally enthused me.

Air cleared, I hope . . .

Back on topic, I am looking forward to this new release, and have high hopes - even if they do come to be lowered somewhat later on :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Thelite13
Even though this is an amazing flick and Adrien Brody is my favorite actor, I currently have the UK digibook and both Kimchi releases with the extra slip...my dilemma is, does this film REALLY warrant 5 spaces on my shelf?!?! :dunno:

I don't understand why people think that it has to be a competition between retailers. The truth is that different retailers cater to different sections of the market. Some collectors are happy to have a film they like in Steelbook form, whereas some like to pay a little bit extra to get something a little more fancy.

The thing is you seem to think that Burger King should be more like Morton's, in reality Burger King and its customers are perfectly happy that it is Burger King ;)

Not at all, they both fill you up. It has to do with quality and tastes. Morton's and Burger King don't compete for the same market, neither do KimchiDVD and Zaavi. ;)

Never confuse the truth with insults. There is no comparison between Zaavi and Asian retailers that offer quality releases, or Yugos and Ferraris. :p

There is the truth and then there is your biased opinion filled with insults ;)