The Raid Redemption (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #20) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: May 20th, 2015
Pre-order date: April 23rd, 2015 - 10:00 AM (Korean Time) - Please use the following timezone converter for your local time, click HERE
Prices:
- The Sextuple Pack (One Click Item) - 300 copies (230 copies - for overseas, 70 copies for the Korean market)
$205.00 (Pre-order Promotion Sale Price)

- Lenticular Edition - 1200 copies (600 copies for overseas, 600 copies for the Korean market)
$35.99

- White Full slip Edtion - 600 copies (300 copies for overseas, 300 copies for the Korean market)
$35.99

- Black Full slip Edition - 600 copies (300 copies for overseas, 300 copies for the Korean market)
$35.99

Purchase links:
Once click (Sextuple Pack)
White Full Slip
Black Full Slip
Lenticular

10403376_1713026765591200_8107198014794197818_n.jpg 17905_1709483042612239_5419033676055125228_n.jpg 10628537_1709483099278900_5348321443917321624_n.jpg 11083592_1709483002612243_657966880673805133_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's way too much lenti and white fullslip love going on. The white looks pretty damn nice, but go team black cutout!

Absolutely brilliant release from The Blu Collection. I wasn't too fussed about this at first because I love and have the UK Steels with Jock's art, but they sure showed me. Two complaints though: some of the photos in the booklet are too murky looking (although that's partially because the original movie isn't exactly crystal clear) and the plastic behind the cutout on my copy of The Raid is sort of dodgy on the biggest panel. But other than that, amazing.

Pics for The Raid II here.

HxRV0ud.jpg

MDjDe86.jpg

5tcp1es.jpg

Uuq9TAU.jpg

jcXC1PR.jpg

VvSCr4B.jpg

AgNVdjr.jpg

HkuhnmF.jpg

RogRgog.jpg

PO5ZUnG.jpg

3HNBulj.jpg

f5kgOTw.jpg

UCqEyRi.jpg

56zWG3j.jpg
lDAaDOT.jpg

4ZVtPA8.jpg

IIQJoLm.jpg

RkJ5exM.jpg

dQT3lxN.jpg

hOL6sE6.jpg

xMZZ8jD.jpg

FN5fg1X.jpg

cSIyFsa.jpg

3Z3jWW7.jpg
6us1Hd7.jpg

dSKtFpL.jpg

9lOXbll.jpg

yaUihk9.jpg

u5YLboy.jpg

wRGzWwI.jpg

9juIAeI.jpg

3u4f0DB.jpg

UlZuIAE.jpg

m0mE7xt.jpg
xJHe1kz.jpg

eAxzFxp.jpg

XFl5o1o.jpg

Yj1ybUe.jpg

hmSHNaX.jpg

iLyAtNj.jpg

D3A3fUd.jpg

g3cygBD.jpg

h2NBzsZ.jpg

BwturRE.jpg

puRvAx4.jpg

Ia1TLzq.jpg

lXC7D3E.jpg

w2Ymx78.jpg

42n5eob.jpg

JSUi5OR.jpg

o0ObyZw.jpg

8GQiNmG.jpg

cHD6TqI.jpg

2ECUta6.jpg

Qd8Dk2x.jpg

Last edited:
There's way too much lenti and white fullslip love going on. The white looks pretty damn nice, but go team black cutout!

Absolutely brilliant release from The Blu Collection. I wasn't too fussed about this at first because I love and have the UK Steels with Jock's art, but they sure showed me. Two complaints though: some of the photos in the booklet are too murky looking (although that's partially because the original movie isn't exactly crystal clear) and the plastic behind the cutout on my copy of The Raid is sort of dodgy on the biggest panel. But other than that, amazing.

Pics for The Raid II here.

HxRV0ud.jpg

MDjDe86.jpg

5tcp1es.jpg

Uuq9TAU.jpg

jcXC1PR.jpg

VvSCr4B.jpg

AgNVdjr.jpg

HkuhnmF.jpg

RogRgog.jpg

PO5ZUnG.jpg

3HNBulj.jpg

f5kgOTw.jpg

UCqEyRi.jpg

56zWG3j.jpg
lDAaDOT.jpg

4ZVtPA8.jpg

IIQJoLm.jpg

RkJ5exM.jpg

dQT3lxN.jpg

hOL6sE6.jpg

xMZZ8jD.jpg

FN5fg1X.jpg

cSIyFsa.jpg

3Z3jWW7.jpg
6us1Hd7.jpg

dSKtFpL.jpg

9lOXbll.jpg

yaUihk9.jpg

u5YLboy.jpg

wRGzWwI.jpg

9juIAeI.jpg

3u4f0DB.jpg

UlZuIAE.jpg

m0mE7xt.jpg
xJHe1kz.jpg

eAxzFxp.jpg

XFl5o1o.jpg

Yj1ybUe.jpg

hmSHNaX.jpg

iLyAtNj.jpg

D3A3fUd.jpg

g3cygBD.jpg

h2NBzsZ.jpg

BwturRE.jpg

puRvAx4.jpg

Ia1TLzq.jpg

lXC7D3E.jpg

w2Ymx78.jpg

42n5eob.jpg

JSUi5OR.jpg

o0ObyZw.jpg

8GQiNmG.jpg

cHD6TqI.jpg

2ECUta6.jpg

Qd8Dk2x.jpg
Thanks for tempting me to get the black slips now :cautious:
They look so freakin kool. Awesome pics :thumbs: Really hope these black slips will stay in stock til end of the month.

I have the Play.com steelbook of The Raid 2 and have the amaray for The Raid but would like to get a steelbook to match so hopefully this is still in stock on my next pay day which is at the end of the month

My Lenticular has just arrived via royal mail (even though it was Pantos that shipped it). I haven't opened it yet, but just my first impressions are: A little bit disappointed with the lenticular quality :dunno:, it seems to be a tale of two halfs with this, let me explain.

The FOREGROUND which is Rama and the Wall, ground and Title are PIN SHARP and very well realised, I have no problem with those :thumbs:. HOWEVER, the background which is the Tower block/s is a blurred out MESS :( it's really hard to make out any detail at all. It's although someone completely miss-aligned the image. I've seen pics of this lenticular here and it shows it as blurred, but I assumed it was because of the way cameras usually give a false impression of lenticulars that it looked blurred, but it is actually blurred.

Do check out the preview of the lenticular as shown in post #462 on page 24 of this thread to see how this should have looked.

I'll try and get photos of the issue later after I check the disc.

Black FullSlip arrived safe and sound this morning after taking a rest in London for the weekend :)

No. 0810/900

No-one else has mentioned it but we were lied to about the quantity - It was officially 600!

p.s. @chunk I'll swap you a Toblerone and a bag of sticky wine gums with free fluff for your UK Raid 1 :) :naughty: :whistle::whistle:

I'll get my coat . . . .

Reactions: chunk
No. 0810/900

No-one else has mentioned it but we were lied to about the quantity - It was officially 600!

600 + 300 (in the Sextuple Pack) = 900. Looks to me that the numbers are exactly what was specified in the first place.

• Informative
I thought they were counted separately?
No, the Sextuple Pack is just all six individual steelbooks laid on a "tray", shrinkwrapped together. The numbers for the individual steelbooks are allocated from the same run (900 for each of the slip cases, 1500 for each of the lenticular slips).

No, the Sextuple Pack is just all six individual steelbooks laid on a "tray", shrinkwrapped together. The numbers for the individual steelbooks are allocated from the same run (900 for each of the slip cases, 1500 for each of the lenticular slips).

Yes, I can see that; but, as I just updated the previous post, they give the impression that they are separately numbered.

So, you see, I was thinking 900 separate Fullslips, plus the 300 for sextuple - hence thinking someone was telling us porkies

Black FullSlip arrived safe and sound this morning after taking a rest in London for the weekend :)

No. 0810/900

p.s. @chunk I'll swap you a Toblerone and a bag of sticky wine gums with free fluff for your UK Raid 1 :) :naughty: :whistle::whistle:

I'll get my coat . . . .
:rofl::LOL::rofl: very tempting offer Jack, I'll think about it;)

I just missed the play one when it was released, had to pay ebay prices but it is so worth, it's my favourite steelbook, lovely debossing front and back with a great finish.. its well worth the price.. these kimchi lenti's are a great addition, like @DodgyDave said above, the blurred background gives a great depth of field.. close up the building looks quite blurred but looking at it from a distance you can see the building (with a bit more detail than close up,oddly) and it has a mist like affect over it which makes it look like it's off in the distance with the main character in the foreground crisp and in focus.. I'm probably not explaning it very well but it really is so well made in that way, when I first looked at it close up I thought the background was a bit poor quality but when I put it up on display and looked over at it I could see it as it was meant to be seen.. really happy with this release.. like the steelbooks too, great inside art and little extras.. well worth the money.

Glad you got yours safe and sound:thumbs:

Reactions: JackRegan
:rofl::LOL::rofl: very tempting offer Jack, I'll think about it;)

I just missed the play one when it was released, had to pay ebay prices but it is so worth, it's my favourite steelbook, lovely debossing front and back with a great finish.. its well worth the price.. these kimchi lenti's are a great addition, like @DodgyDave said above, the blurred background gives a great depth of field.. close up the building looks quite blurred but looking at it from a distance you can see the building (with a bit more detail than close up,oddly) and it has a mist like affect over it which makes it look like it's off in the distance with the main character in the foreground crisp and in focus.. I'm probably not explaning it very well but it really is so well made in that way, when I first looked at it close up I thought the background was a bit poor quality but when I put it up on display and looked over at it I could see it as it was meant to be seen.. really happy with this release.. like the steelbooks too, great inside art and little extras.. well worth the money.

Glad you got yours safe and sound:thumbs:

The Lenticulars look nice I must admit - but I stop myself from buying every type possible. Don't know how heavy the lentis are, but the fullslips are very weighty - not opened mine, but I imagine it's probalby all the extra stuff

Now,about that UK Raid 1 - I've got some bubblegum, only been chewed a couple of times . . . .:thumbs::thumbs: ;)