The Raid Redemption (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #20) [Korea]

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: May 20th, 2015
Pre-order date: April 23rd, 2015 - 10:00 AM (Korean Time) - Please use the following timezone converter for your local time, click HERE
Prices:
- The Sextuple Pack (One Click Item) - 300 copies (230 copies - for overseas, 70 copies for the Korean market)
$205.00 (Pre-order Promotion Sale Price)

- Lenticular Edition - 1200 copies (600 copies for overseas, 600 copies for the Korean market)
$35.99

- White Full slip Edtion - 600 copies (300 copies for overseas, 300 copies for the Korean market)
$35.99

- Black Full slip Edition - 600 copies (300 copies for overseas, 300 copies for the Korean market)
$35.99

Purchase links:
Once click (Sextuple Pack)
White Full Slip
Black Full Slip
Lenticular

10403376_1713026765591200_8107198014794197818_n.jpg 17905_1709483042612239_5419033676055125228_n.jpg 10628537_1709483099278900_5348321443917321624_n.jpg 11083592_1709483002612243_657966880673805133_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my sextuple pack today...very excited, number 5/300! Has anyone had any experience with kimchi's customer service? Ordered another movie at the same time and it wasn't included in the shipment. The invoice clearly lists it a being shipped. Sent an email to customer service but haven't heard anything yet. If anyone can provide a positive word it would make me feel a lot better as my other purchase was a bit pricey.

Reactions: chunk
The Lenticulars look nice I must admit - but I stop myself from buying every type possible. Don't know how heavy the lentis are, but the fullslips are very weighty - not opened mine, but I imagine it's probalby all the extra stuff

Now,about that UK Raid 1 - I've got some bubblegum, only been chewed a couple of times . . . .:thumbs::thumbs: ;)
Hehe.. how can I resist such an offer.. sold to the man with the slightly chewed bubble gum:thumbs:

My lenti's were a bit heavy but I assume your slips are heavier due to the full slips and that you get the full 36 page,full sized booklet unlike the smaller ( 16 pages I think) booklet .

I had ordered the black slips as well as the lenti's (for the bigger booklet etc) then cancelled them when other steelbook's I wanted came up.. if I'd had the cash I would've wanted all of them:)

Reactions: harry
Received my sextuple pack today...very excited, number 5/300! Has anyone had any experience with kimchi's customer service? Ordered another movie at the same time and it wasn't included in the shipment. The invoice clearly lists it a being shipped. Sent an email to customer service but haven't heard anything yet. If anyone can provide a positive word it would make me feel a lot better as my other purchase was a bit pricey.
Did you sent the email today? Because of the difference in time zones Tony may not have read it yet, I've contacted him before to cancel stuff and general inquiries and he's usually got back to me within 48 hours, if you don't get a response then you could give him another little nudge.. I'm sure he'll get it sorted for you. I assume the other item you ordered is still in stock so he can send you another one. some other ninja's who have had a similar experience as you will answer your question better than I have in regards to replacements,damaged goods and your particular situation with an invoice with no item. I hope you get a reply from Tony soon:thumbs:

@chunk thanks for your response. I did receive a response from Tony and he's going to ship the missing item. Thank you, Kimchi!!!
Thats great news:thumbs: I know these companies (kimchi,nova) have only a little man power behind the scenes, but they try their very best at keeping their costumers happy, from what I've read and personal experience.
it's not always perfect but I've personally had very good experiences with them. Glad you're all sorted:cigar:

Reactions: harry
I hated the white slips at first, but the more pics I see of them, the more I start to like them.

Yes, watched The Raid last night with English subtitles. So Indonesian DTS-HD 5.1 Audio with English subs.

You can also select English dubbed audio in DTS-HD 5.1. :)

Does it include both cuts like on the U.S. disc (original score + Mike Shinoda score)?

I hated the white slips at first, but the more pics I see of them, the more I start to like them.

Does it include both cuts like on the U.S. disc (original score + Mike Shinoda score)?
Great question! Now I'm curious too!
Has anyone got an opinion on original score versus U.S. Score? (I have never heard original).

Reactions: lolwut
Great question! Now I'm curious too!
Has anyone got an opinion on original score versus U.S. Score? (I have never heard original).

I researched this when deciding which version to watch. Most people prefer the U.S. theatrical Mike Shinoda electronic score, while a few preferred the original orchestral score. I've only seen the Shinoda one but it would be nice to have both.

Reactions: C.C. 95
I researched this when deciding which version to watch. Most people prefer the U.S. theatrical Mike Shinoda electronic score, while a few preferred the original orchestral score. I've only seen the Shinoda one but it would be nice to have both.
Which blu ray and/or steelbook has the original score on it?

Thank you, good sir!:thumbs::D
(I bet VERY few people know about that!):thumbs::thumbs:

Credit to HD Goofnut's thread over at blu-ray dot com (List of International BDs):

Raid, The: Redemption
US - AVC 23051 kbps, Indonesian DTS-HD MA 5.1 3531 kbps 24-bit, English subs (Region free)
UK - AVC, Indonesian DTS-MA 5.1, compression problems, missing original score, English subs (Region B locked)
HK - AVC, Indonesian Dolby TrueHD 5.1 96kHz upsampling, English subs (Region A)
DK - AVC 22478 kbps, Indonesian DTS-HD MA 5.1 3689 kbps 24-bit (Region B)
AU - AVC 30653 kbps 24fps, Indonesian DTS-HD MA 5.1 2009 kbps 16-bit, English subs (Region B)