The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Arrow usually region lock their releases?
Yes this will be Region B locked
Distribution rights in USA/Canada is with Scream Factory

Due to distribution rights Arrow Video release has to have this release Region B locked
They have though by an error on some UK releases that was meant to be region locked not region locked but I doubt that will happen with this release

Ronin Remastered Blu-ray Steelbook as well please Arrow...Are you listening?

Also I think this Steelbook will suck big time if the finish is matte and if the back art is empty. Having said that Arrow Steels that sell out, go for silly prices at eBay.

In an ideal world id love spot gloss on the light shards coming out the Parker hood and the title as well. Debossed title too but all this is rare from Arrow

I'd actually move the title down toward the bottom a bit more but I still love it regardless of that

Reactions: lgans316
This is gonna be beautiful even with usual Arrow high quality matte finish, I have no problem with that. Debossed title as a bonus would be a killer!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Also I think this Steelbook will suck big time if the finish is matte and if the back art is empty. Having said that Arrow Steels that sell out, go for silly prices at eBay.
As Arrow has been very consistent in having uniform finish and design style with their steelbooks, I suspect that this is again going to be matte and with very sparse ( :rolleyes: ) back cover.

I sometimes agree when I see a comment like "matte finish fits this film (or artwork) well"; but even then I think that "yes, but with full gloss finish it would look so much better" :LOL:

Checking my Arrow steelbooks looks like the chances of a de-bossed title are pretty slim with only 1 out of 33 with that nice touch (BATTLE ROYALE).

On the other hand, the chances of spot gloss / metallic reflections are much greater with 7 fitting that bill (KING OF NEW YORK, TENEBRAE, PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE, THEATRE OF BLOOD - the only U.K. steelbook with a wrongwayround title - , BLOOD AND BLACK LACE, AUDITION and THE BURNING).

Unfortunately that leaves the remaining 25 with naturally great artwork choices but nothing more as accents,

Last edited: