The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Feb 17, 2011
Release date: October 23, 2017
Purchase link: Amazon - Zavvi - HMV - Arrow Films (Sold Out)
Price: £17.99 (Arrow) - £24.99 (Amazon) - £19.99 (Zavvi - Hmv)

91fkjH5rswL._SY445_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Steelbook now Sold Out with Arrow Films Store

There will be some customer and retailer cancellations made available with Zavvi and Amazon closer to release date
Bulk orders was very likely done with this release so it's highly likely some of these will be cancelled by both Amazon and Zavvi

Arrow should have done a higher print run for both the steelbook and limited edition IMO

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and milky

There will be some customer and retailer cancellations made available with Zavvi and Amazon closer to release date
Bulk orders was very likely done with this release so it's highly likely some of these will be cancelled by both Amazon and Zavvi

Arrow should have done a higher print run for both the steelbook and limited edition IMO
well they defo made some good beer money in the last 24 hrs no doubts there,

I wondered how many people ordered both the limited edition and steelbook like I did? I'm hoping the scalpers will get their orders canceled, either way there's going to be a lot of pissed-off customers who didn't get a chance to buy either of these.

I wondered how many people ordered both the limited edition and steelbook like I did? I'm hoping the scalpers will get their orders canceled, either way there's going to be a lot of pissed-off customers who didn't get a chance to buy either of these.

Well the limited edition is still available on Amazon

I order both editions

Ordered with Zavvi. Didn't even notice the other one available until now but probably would've just had the steel all the same. I know it's a bit of a classic but surprised all have gone across all sites so fast.

I think it's possible that Arrow will do what they did with the Hellraiser scarlet box set - that one was gone round about its release date, then, because all the furor, they suddenly announced the standard box set, which i think was released a month or two after the scarlet box set. I think this was probably done to appease those that missed out on the scarlet box, and maybe to undermine scalpers. Possibly in their next announcements they will announce a standard amaray of "the thing" ( in light of this weekends huge demand) - unless they decide to increase the print run, which they DIDN'T do for the scarlet box, so i don't know about the chances of that. Arrow's limited editions tend to be truely limited - in that they dont re-release limited editions. Very rarely have they done that.

Much possible. But a standard Amaray
is way below the limited edition. This won't please the collectors now.

Much possible. But a standard Amaray
is way below the limited edition. This won't please the collectors now.
That's right, it won't. For sure it wouldn't please ME. Actually, thinking about it now, i don't think they have ever re-released a limited edition. I was thinking mainly of ".....frogtown" and the other one that both had a 1000 print run and were not getting a standard release. But due alot of disgruntled customers they then released the two movies as slimmed down releases of the initial limited editions - after quite a while, though. Because of the rarity of those first limited edition releases, scalpers were asking stupid prices, and people were screaming! This will come back though, for sure - won't be around for long. I will cancel my pre-order at zavvi for the limited edition set because they post those in jiffy bags..........too risky, way too risky.

That's right, it won't. For sure it wouldn't please ME. Actually, thinking about it now, i don't think they have ever re-released a limited edition. I was thinking mainly of ".....frogtown" and the other one that both had a 1000 print run and were not getting a standard release. But due alot of disgruntled customers they then released the two movies as slimmed down releases of the initial limited editions - after quite a while, though. Because of the rarity of those first limited edition releases, scalpers were asking stupid prices, and people were screaming! This will come back though, for sure - won't be around for long. I will cancel my pre-order at zavvi for the limited edition set because they post those in jiffy bags..........too risky, way too risky.
The only rerelease of a limited edition I can think of is the Hellraiser Scarlet Box, but that was because they did it for the US market. Not likely to happen with this as someone else already has US distribution rights.

But the one thing I'm wondering are we going to see a 4k release from Arrow next year?. Unlike Shout they did a 4k remaster and you don't do that unless you're planning a 4k release at some stage.

But the one thing I'm wondering are we going to see a 4k release from Arrow next year?. Unlike Shout they did a 4k remaster and you don't do that unless you're planning a 4k release at some stage.

It wouldn't surprise me if universal see what's happening here and with the shout release and release the 4K copy themselves.

Fair enough but Arrow paid for it not Universal..... So I can't see Universal doing it without having to pay Arrow some money and they are not going to do a new 4k scan when Arrow have just done it.