Amazon UK - £21.50 Sold out

:LOL:

Amazon Artwork
TWE_F.jpg

More Artwork
TWE_M.jpg

TWE_I.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Annoyingly for the trilogy, my least favourite film gets the best looking steel....Good films but not a series thats on my list of titles I have to own in a steelbook, especially after I didnt buy the poor steels for Shaun and Hot fuzz, so an easy pass for me....

Just received my copy from Base! Sent in a jiffy bag from Switzerland, I was very anxious to see what damage had probably been done, but to my delight it was dent free.

I don't have a good camera so I'll just leave a few pros and cons.

Pros
Nice glossy finish

Crisp detailing on the images

Inside art

Cons
No embossing/debossing (I can get over it being a vertical as opposed to SotD and Hot Fuzz's horizontal steels, but it would have been nice - especially for the price they were asking - to get some extra treatment, but it's all completely flat.

The back has lots of fine scratches in groups running in different directions. Try to imagine someone running a fork down it in different directions.

All in all it's not a bad steel, but for the price I expected more. If HMV are doing it cheaper I might send mine back to Base and say I want a refund because of the scratches.

Why is this one so damn expensive, especially for a film that (obviously) doesn't have 3D? I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection but I think I'll wait for a price drop to be honest. £19.99 is pretty scandalous for a steel that the studio hasn't made much of an effort for (no embossing, only one disc etc).

Zavvi seem to have made everyone think that EVERYTHING has to be embossed now - its nice to see something glossy and not embossed for a change!

Only steel ive ordered in months so looking forward to this arriving Monday to complete the trilogy :D

Reactions: paulboland
Why is this one so damn expensive, especially for a film that (obviously) doesn't have 3D? I wouldn't mind adding it to my collection but I think I'll wait for a price drop to be honest. £19.99 is pretty scandalous for a steel that the studio hasn't made much of an effort for (no embossing, only one disc etc).

You must have missed the fact it has over 3 hours of extras

Its a new film not a back catalog title
Was not made in 3D so why expect 3D and will it never be in 3D nor should it be as its not a 3D film
The Worlds End
This is a new Release Title

Previous Releases
1) Shaun of the Dead 2004
Original Blu Ray 12 Oct 2009
Steelbook Released on 03 September 2012

2)Hot Fuzz 2007
Original Blu Ray Release 12 Oct 2009
Steelbook Released 15 October 2012

3)The World's End 2013
Steelbook Released 25 October 2013 Limited Edition
This is a New Release

If you expect Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz Prices they were back catalog releases 8 years and 5 Years after films original Film Release

This will be released on Blu Ray again in a 1-2 years at bargain price but it most likely wont be a Steelbook Release
Standard Blu ray release (Not the Steelbook) out now will drop in price in a few months

New Films are now getting Steelbook Releases from the Start
Previous films were reissues years later
The Market has now changed most new films now are getting a steelbook so you can expect to pay full price when its a new release

It looks Good its Glossy
It don't have embossing as that was getting boring with every recent steelbook having a border and embossing
Its makes a refreshing change not to have embossing

Possible Release from other countries like Germany in a few years will see a reissue as a steelbook at mid price but only in 1-2 years not now

Last edited:
Reactions: Maccadinho25
Just received my copy from Base! Sent in a jiffy bag from Switzerland, I was very anxious to see what damage had probably been done, but to my delight it was dent free.

I don't have a good camera so I'll just leave a few pros and cons.

Pros
Nice glossy finish

Crisp detailing on the images

Inside art

Cons
No embossing/debossing (I can get over it being a vertical as opposed to SotD and Hot Fuzz's horizontal steels, but it would have been nice - especially for the price they were asking - to get some extra treatment, but it's all completely flat.

The back has lots of fine scratches in groups running in different directions. Try to imagine someone running a fork down it in different directions.

All in all it's not a bad steel, but for the price I expected more. If HMV are doing it cheaper I might send mine back to Base and say I want a refund because of the scratches.

that's the only thing about glossy steels, some seem to get scratched extremely easy imo

valid point that hot fuzz etc were back catalogue, but they were also good quality steels with a £9.99 price tag.
yes this is a new release, so you would expect to pay more.
think bck to lawless & the raid. £14.99 price, new releases with debossing.
but, that was play.com.
of late, new releases have reverted to the £17.99/£19.99 mark, as threy were a few years back (capt America/thor/super 8 for hmv, and play.coms scott pilgrim/kick ass etc.)
last year saw the arrival of uk back catalogue titles, with cheap prices and good quality.
that spoiled us all, play.com spoiled us.
now they are gone, and zavvi started out looking like carrying on the work, but the prices have risen and quality has dropped.

this one looks to be better than recent efforts (after earth, oblivion etc) but £20+ is a bit steep for any film just because of a nice case.
if it is a 3 discer, or has a 3d version available and included, then maybe the price can be justified to be over £20 (when i say 3 discs, i don't mean dvd disc and digi copy disc.i mean 3 blu ray discs)
but i for one cancelled the pre-order. waiting for a price of around £12, as with all universal steels, it will probably be bargain bin - after ive paid top dollar for it (happened with so many, m not getting bitten again.)

You must have missed the fact it has over 3 hours of extras

Its a new film not a back catalog title
Was not made in 3D so why expect 3D and will it never be in 3D nor should it be as its not a 3D film
The Worlds End
This is a new Release Title

Previous Releases
1) Shaun of the Dead 2004
Original Blu Ray 12 Oct 2009
Steelbook Released on 03 September 2012

2)Hot Fuzz 2007
Original Blu Ray Release 12 Oct 2009
Steelbook Released 15 October 2012

3)The World's End 2013
Steelbook Released 25 October 2013
This is a New Release

If you expect Shaun of the Dead/Hot Fuzz Prices they were back catalog releases 8 years and 5 Years after films original Film Release

This will be released on Blu Ray again in a few years at bargain price but it most likely wont be a Steelbook Release then

New Films are now getting Steelbook Releases from the Start
Previous films were reissues years later
The Market has now changed most new films now are getting a steelbook so you can expect to pay full price when its a new release

It looks Good its Glossy
It don't have embossing as that was getting boring with every recent steelbook having a border and embossing
Its makes a refreshing change not to have embossing

Possible Release from other countries like Germany in a few years will see a reissue as a steelbook at mid price but only in a few years not now

I hope Kick-Ass 2 gets the same finish - same studio so here's hoping, art work is also begging for gloss treatment. Pre-ordered that one with Amazon for £18 would have ordered this by now if it was the same price, both Universal so not sure why the price discrepancy.

I've just seen this on ebay and the seller describes it as being "OOP OOS & 4000 WORLDWIDE" can't trust all ebay sellers it seems lol... I've only seen it OOS on sainsburys... anyway...
really looking forward to getting mine :D

This looks so great. Hopefully it will be stocked in HMV as they're being really competitive with their prices. This should be an example to zavvi on how a steel looks great that would otherwise look average without gloss.:scat: