Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook)

Release Date: Feb 21, 2014
Order Links:
Jsdvd.com - NT$1,020
YesAsia - $49.99 USD
Books.tw - NT$1,048

4710756542667-2.jpg

Pictures of actual SteelBook courtesy of jesse liu:
e09f4916-ac1c-4fc0-bd5e-787f64348ca8_zps7a5c1ff8.jpg

0532218a-bd88-438a-95fa-8f0772a4e352_zps5f443795.jpg

feeaa7ea-0dc0-4a43-8616-4639d7027a52_zps79d1876a.jpg

Old artwork of naked SteelBook:
Thor.png

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 401
Last edited by a moderator:
does someone have a picture of the additional stuff included inside, I didn't open my copy but I really feel even though it's the same steel as the other releases, it can't be just the cardboard slip on and a booklet because it is really heavy feel... any pictures of the inside anyone ?

Not sure on numbers, but i know its considerably less that IM3... I think Choi posted in the Kimchi or Korea thread that Asia was getting a smaller run because of what happened with IM3... ;)

Reactions: Starling
It is Out Of Print !
Whatever the sellers currently have in stock, it is what's left.
Not possible for Taiwanese sellers to order more copies, discontinued.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

This is my favourite Release of all The Thors, The slip is a killer.

Last edited:
Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
It is currently out of Print, whatever the buyers currently have in stock, is what is left. Not possible for Taiwanese seller to order more copies, discontinued.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

This is my favourite Release of all The Thors, The slip is a killer.

The majority of steelbook releases are OOP the minute it is released onto the market.

It just seems to make more sense to get this one as it really does stand out head and shoulders above others. The fact it's not OOS just yet is merely a matter of time, then the desirability inevitably follows shortly after.

The majority of steelbook releases are OOP the minute it is released onto the market.

This one was not, Thor 2 was very popular in Taiwan and Deltamac was still printing copies after the release date. This version did get a higher release than usual and yes Taiwanese release usually are OOP while they are on pre order(i.e Gravity) this wasn't the case for this release. However they are now not pressing any more copies.

as a collector I wished they would have done only one pressing, but it got 2 pressings and higher print than usually for a Taiwanese release.

This one was not, Thor 2 was very popular in Taiwan and Deltamac was still printing copies after the release date. This version did get a higher release than usual and yes Taiwanese release usually are OOP while they are on pre order(i.e Gravity) this wasn't the case for this release. However they are now not pressing any more copies.

as a collector I wished they would have done only one pressing, but it got 2 pressings and higher print than usually for a Taiwanese release.

Maybe that's the reason it went OOS then more stock appeared?

He said maybe that's why it went out of stock the first time, because they ran out, and then proceeded to print more, which made it come back in stock.

Ah ok sorry for misunderstanding, well actually from what I was told from my contact In taiwan; they did the first pressing, and as stock got low in stores and demand was still high, they proceeded with the 2nd pressing to supply the demand. But for the consumer this was transparent. There was never a time that you actually couldn't get a copy, so for the consumer they were not aware if it was first or 2nd pressing. Now They are not pressing anymore copies it is OOP. So stock left is what you see...until no more floating around

I have the Zavvi one, before I knew how sharing a pressing worked I bought it but learned and noticed it was the same but dressed differently. I of course prefer a unique steelbook but if they share the pressing I don't go for the UK one, rather have one dressed up and ready to put his groove on :oohyeah:

Better quality matte finish. In terms of resale potential Zavvi comes next to Kimchi exclusive

It's the same steel worldwide, just dressed differently.

And Zavvi does not come next to The Kimchi Exclusive(worth a lot of money), Zavvi has a poorly design slip cover very generic and a terrible shrink wrap that looks sloppy. The FutureShop one comes above(better) than Zavvi due to the title on it IMO.

BUT If you want to invest in Thor 2, You cannot go wrong with the Taiwan one, the slip cover is just superb, they put such great effort to make the world wide steel have a WOW factor. After that of course there's Kimchi Exclusive Lenticular Slip but that one is really pricey since limited to 700 copies (maybe you could find a great deal at this time)... those would be what I suggest that have the most love that was put into them creating a super final product.

Now if you want to wait for the Blufan one, that will be a great steel, but if you want to pick up a Thor 2 steel right now a Taiwan or a Kimchi Exclusive would be your best option.

Look over both threads and read the posts you will see what people have to say how much praise there is for those 2 steels(Taiwan and Kimchi Exclusive)

hope this helps