Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook)

Release Date: Feb 21, 2014
Order Links:
Jsdvd.com - NT$1,020
YesAsia - $49.99 USD
Books.tw - NT$1,048

4710756542667-2.jpg

Pictures of actual SteelBook courtesy of jesse liu:
e09f4916-ac1c-4fc0-bd5e-787f64348ca8_zps7a5c1ff8.jpg

0532218a-bd88-438a-95fa-8f0772a4e352_zps5f443795.jpg

feeaa7ea-0dc0-4a43-8616-4639d7027a52_zps79d1876a.jpg

Old artwork of naked SteelBook:
Thor.png

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new in collecting steelbooks and went crazy with Thor (loved the first one so much)...as a collector, how many is the right number to have ? how many is too much ?

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 AM ----------

the ones I would get ride of are Zavvi, dunno why I find their steelbooks nice but their factory seal/packaging sloppy, if you put them side by side on a shelf they don't look slick and straight/nice as the other releases(all of them)... it's like a a school project gone wrong o_0

Did you say you purchased fourteen copies of Thor 2 BB? And you're asking if we think you went overboard?

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I get it, I paid $200+ for Thor HMV. I'm not trying to miss out on certain editions. But, 14 copies.....for Investment purposes? Can't be for personal use. You must be a Seller, or hoarder?

I bought 3 BB Thor 2 copies:
•one to open & enjoy
•one to keep sealed
•one spare for sell/ trade/ gift/ whatever you want to call it.
Plus
•kimchi #8/9 to keep sealed
•Zavvi copy sealed
•planning to get TW to keep sealed

My girlfriend would say that's overboard. But what the hell does she know? I know what's what, and I say 14 copies of Thor 2 BB is overboard or Hoard'er'ing...which is Selfish my fair weather friend...

Anyway, hopefully you carefully inspected each copy :hilarious:

Too bad about you're meager experience with Zavvi. I just bought there whole Disney/Disney/Pixar line up and I am very pleased. I got 20 Disney steels, all different titles. Recommended!

Last edited:
i saw this on ebay tonight being sold for 27GBP.
i hesitated to bid because not a big fan of the whole "avengers" and marvel franchise, and if i get one, it will be kimchi (or blufans). but 27 pounds seems like a bargain for that splendid 1/4 slip to me.

i hesitated to bid because not a big fan of the whole "avengers" and marvel franchise, and if i get one, it will be kimchi (or blufans). but 27 pounds seems like a bargain for that splendid 1/4 slip to me.

Bargain that mate. I would have jumped all over that.

as A collector, This is one of the copy to have, you might regret it later....it has the best 1/4 slip of them all

Reactions: harry
This is a steal you sit on it until the craziness pases and in a couple of years to a few(I was told by sellers expert collectors sometimes can take longer when it's such a popular movie but This Taiwan release is one that will NEVER loose it's value so you don't loose, it will actually even gain some value... This release what will be the one to be saught after in the Future so are the Kimchi (Lenticular and 1/4 slip), the Taiwan release longer farther down the road once all the copies will have sold, The Futureshop ones... there's too many right now... that's just approximate info IMO but I'm not an expert collector, I have some knowledge but some might have different version of what I've said... what will NOT gain value though are the Zavvi...Those will be for the ones who just want any copies...\

true the other versions(Taiwan and Kimchi), it's about the dressing up and the extra, BUT they are dressed up to go out on the town on a saturday night, all nice and hot looking....with some attitude !

Last edited:
the zavvi is good for those who....

Collect "ALL" Thor steels or "ALL" Marvel(Avengers) steels. (Yes, these people do exist :p )
Collect "UK" Steels. (Many brits support their UK steels!)
Just want a quality Thor 2 Steel in collection. (At time of posting BestBuy,Kimchi, & TW...)

This TW release is a great release and probably best 1/4 slip on Thor 2 out there. Amazing in hand, much better than pics. But TW has had a habit as of late of ordering too much qty. If that hadn't been the case then we wouldnt be seeing the drop in TW prices in regards to the aftermarket. So its possible for it to be turned around. Obviously yesasia doesnt take on much qty as they typically sell out pretty fast. I think js and books etc will learn ... but surprised its taking js this long to learn ... or perhaps they dont care or are being forced to take more qty. *shrug*

But quite a few titles are still in stock ....

Regardless tho if for some reason they did "learn" from IM3 and they do have much more limited stock on this thor 2 in comparison then it will actually gain value pretty fast this year. Time will tell....

Reactions: jimmyv
2 copies sold for 21~25 plus shipping today. Gone down the drain even faster than Iron Man 3 TW.

Funny how people pick out a couple of completed ebay auction style listings then declare them as current market value for an item. Completed auction style listings are a horrible way to tell value at this point in the game. There are simply too many Thor Dark World steelbooks flooding the market and there is only so much cash to go around. Considering this is still in stock at various retailers and still selling in auctions above retail price is hardly going down the drain. I could be wrong, but I see this going now where but up in the future.

I agree, Thor taiwan, Thor Futureshop and Thor Kimchi will only gain in value over time... Thors Taiwan first printing was sold out, deltamac did a second pressing because it was too popuar even in Taiwan(2nd pressing are unusual or should say not very common) But we are talking about one of the most popular Marvel movie there is (against Captain America)... so All purchases on those 3 releases are an investment,

Everybody says this slip is so great but I am not really into it. (then again, I have never held it in hand). But almost the entire front is foreign text. Only "THOR" very small in one tiny area. I don't know. Maybe I'm just not into the whole asian writing thing as some others because to me it has nothing to do with this movie, but definitely "to each their own."