Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Taiwan]

bluraysteel

Jul 23, 2011
Thor: The Dark World (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook)

Release Date: Feb 21, 2014
Order Links:
Jsdvd.com - NT$1,020
YesAsia - $49.99 USD
Books.tw - NT$1,048

4710756542667-2.jpg

Pictures of actual SteelBook courtesy of jesse liu:
e09f4916-ac1c-4fc0-bd5e-787f64348ca8_zps7a5c1ff8.jpg

0532218a-bd88-438a-95fa-8f0772a4e352_zps5f443795.jpg

feeaa7ea-0dc0-4a43-8616-4639d7027a52_zps79d1876a.jpg

Old artwork of naked SteelBook:
Thor.png

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 404
Last edited by a moderator:
Everybody says this slip is so great but I am not really into it. (then again, I have never held it in hand). But almost the entire front is foreign text. Only "THOR" very small in one tiny area. I don't know. Maybe I'm just not into the whole asian writing thing as some others because to me it has nothing to do with this movie, but definitely "to each their own."

when you will start to collect all Steelbooks, or a steelbook won't be available than on the Asian market maybe you will get a taste for it... for example at first I didn't know anything about it.... I started to purchase one here and there and then you start to appreciate the slips... remember that often, Asia steels are simply the UK one dressed up by an asian company, but gain much greater value... you have to get to know the market and their releases...

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

remember each country has their own theatre releases and each country has their own dvd/blu-ray/steelbooks releases.... and why would an asian release have nothing to do with Thor or Frozen or any other movie??? Movies are Universal not made simply for north america.

Reactions: PoisonClan
when you will start to collect all Steelbooks, or a steelbook won't be available than on the Asian market maybe you will get a taste for it... for example at first I didn't know anything about it.... I started to purchase one here and there and then you start to appreciate the slips... remember that often, Asia steels are simply the UK one dressed up by an asian company, but gain much greater value... you have to get to know the market and their releases...

---------- Post added at 02:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

remember each country has their own theatre releases and each country has their own dvd/blu-ray/steelbooks releases.... and why would an asian release have nothing to do with Thor or Frozen or any other movie??? Movies are Universal not made simply for north america.

I mean that the Asian writing has nothing to do with the movie. So when I see it all over the front, I don't see that I am looking at Thor 2 The Dark World. I see... foreign text. Cool looking I suppose, but honestly it's not for me. I got the Best Buy version with the debossed title.

I mean that the Asian writing has nothing to do with the movie. So when I see it all over the front, I don't see that I am looking at Thor 2 The Dark World. I see... foreign text. Cool looking I suppose, but honestly it's not for me. I got the Best Buy version with the debossed title.

that asian writing on the slip is actually the movie title / actor's names, mate, so it HAS to do with the movie. :hilarious:

and i also think that this taiwan slip looks absolutely great (even on the pics, and if you guys keep telling me it's even more beautiful in hand, that keeps me very tempted to pick one up). i'm just afraid i might fall for all the other marvel versions too when i begin to collect these (and my bank account looks sad enough already :emb:).

imagine in taiwan when they go to the store to buy the steelbook, they feel it's normal to see their own Taiwanese Hokkien writting on the release... it's not because the movie is not Asian that the Asian makeover of the steelbook has nothing to do with the release, it's made for a taiwan Release...this movie has as much to do on an Asian market as on a north america market...its where the $$$ is.

And yes This steelbook is even better looking in hands, it's one of the best steelbook (1/4 slip) of 2013...and I'm far from being the only one to say that.

Last edited:
This is the best looking Version,glad to have it in Hand-looks far better then the Kimchi ones:thumbs:

In my opinion they are 2 of the best 1/4 slip, they each have something very special.

---------- Post added at 04:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

not counting Kimchi 1/4 slip Frozen oh what a beauty I fell in love with that one never thinking I would but that is for another thread ;p

I have not been into 1/4 slips so far, but this one is incredible! Thinking it might start my 1/4 slip collection.

I never was a 1/4 slip person, but trust me when I say go with Taiwan when it's Deltamac(except Universal...Universal is Waylan and they have a more traditional look but doesn't mean you should dismiss as they did 47 Ronin and it's already a sought after steelbook) they produce such nice slips, 1/4 slips like Thors and also the ultra limited rare Gravity... you can't go wrong if you are a real collector to go that route !

Last edited:
I love 1/4 slip now, people are obsessed about Lenticulars, Yes on some release they are phenomenal, but never the less still not to pass... I have some of my best most sought after steelbooks that have 1/4 slip...well they were only made with the 1/4 slip ie: taiwanese steelbooks, korea would be the most i would say...

They often become Grail release

so of the best 1/4 slip so far this year for me is Thor 2 taiwan release and Frozen Kimchi(ouff what a little beauty)

Plus what I love about the Thor taiwan is that the thing is so freakin heavy, it's a very HIGH Quality Steelbook...Kimchi light if compared but I think that's part of it's charm as well...it's just so adorable and only 300 were printed...Thor more than usual in taiwan due to the high demand factor but in 5 years maybe this steel will be one that people will be fighting over...

Last edited:
Reactions: severo