Titanic (3D Blu-ray SteelBook)-Lenticular (Media Markt Exclusive) [Germany]

Mar 6, 2011
Germany
Release Date: September 24th, 2012
Price: 29,00 Eur
Media Markt.de link

Strictly limited edition collector's Steelbook ™ in. With fixed magnetic 3D lenticular cover. Lenticular Cover used as a magnet (Steelbook ™ printed with pattern). Rated sticker on the cover removed. Over 6 hours of bonus material, including previously unpublished 2.5 hours: 2 exclusive documentaries, extended scenes in HD, alternate ending, photo gallery and many more featurettes.
attachment.php

Actual pics thanks to smoothy09 @Blu-ray Germany
7999891202_680600c4a7_c.jpg

7999898690_c9d8f97fb6_c.jpg

7999892019_ba4a15dd94_c.jpg

7999888263_57437605b3_c.jpg

7999887045_2d79eed283_c.jpg

7999895366_15502f565e_c.jpg

Attachments

• big__Titanic-Steelbook-Packshot-News-01.jpg
    big__Titanic-Steelbook-Packshot-News-01.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,603
Last edited by a moderator:
That back art is terrible, how could the print all that. The disc arn't with those massive red areas on the bottom. The french looks better for the minimalistic collector to me. This worries me about the avatar 3d. :x

I suppose the only good thing about the French one is the back artwork as every other aspect of this one is better. I guess the best idea is to weigh up the good and bad points of each. In my opinion just edges it as it is embossed. Don't think I will get this unless the price is reduced though. It's still very expensive even if it's 3D.

Big let down in my opinion. The back art on the French version is simply awesome!

Hoping lganz is right and Play.com come to our rescue!!

why worry? just cancel it :D

in the end, buy what makes you happy... no right or wrong decision...

That back art is terrible, how could the print all that. The disc arn't with those massive red areas on the bottom. The french looks better for the minimalistic collector to me. This worries me about the avatar 3d. :x

I simply love it, 100x better than the French one that's for sure, I will be getting all the titles with the lenticular card from MM, they'll look amazing displayed together, as for the back, who cares, did that stop us from paying $$$s for Rambo/Wanted/Hellboy II/1408/The Mist ... I could go on and on all day hehe, seriously though this thing is awesome and I'm more than happy to add it to my collection :scat:

+1 someone who speaks sence.:naughty:

Very easy solution. just replace the rear cover with the French release and just print the inner artwork. it should be easier since you don't have to worry about the spine. or you can leave it blank since that's the part that sinks first if I remember correctly .anyway, someone will certainly come up with the template for the inner design.

Love the front!!:drool: A clean nice back like the french steelbook would been awesome but at least it got inside artwork!:scat: Lenticular steelbook...:drool: Just take my money MM!

mmmmm pictures are making me think twice about this now. I like the look of the front artwork but without the text would have been better. French back and German artwork inside would have been perfect.

Someone I know is going to Germany on the 27th so need to decide on this, the French or wait to see if another steelbook gets announced!

Looking at this again with fresh eyes now I am home from work and I don't think it is as bad as I first thought - still would have preferred the French back artwork but hey ho. Think it is still this one over the French release for me as the inside artwork and spine being the right way outweigh the back :D

Of course it's a shame what they did with the back, but overall I think this is far better than the french release ...
Now let's hope that they don't **** up the Avatar steelie with a printed back

Last edited:
Reactions: gaeljet
Now, I have to order ALL future lenticular edition from Media Markt...man...they sure know how to make me a fan :)

I hope more people hate it so they'll produce less qty for future release...keep it rare and limited among the group who likes them :)

Can't please everyone...some folks complaint about foreign text in the front artwork and no inside artowrk, but yet, the France edition has become the better version between the two LOL... too funny how some change their mind once they own it hahaha.

Last edited:
Reactions: gaeljet
Massive disappointment again! Text printed backs are a no no these days!

Glad I didn't sort out a copy for myself now. I will hold out to see what else comes around.

My issue isn't the printed back, the issue is the front, it is the lenticular cover which doesn't really suit this at all for this release.

Can't please everyone...some folks complaint about foreign text in the front artwork and no inside artowrk, but yet, the France edition has become the better version between the two LOL... too funny how some change their mind once they own it hahaha.

I think the printed back has been the killer on this one. You can live without inside artwork to an extent but a printed back just kills any steelbook, and it's pretty much ONLY the Germans who still do it.