Titanic (3D Blu-ray SteelBook)-Lenticular (Media Markt Exclusive) [Germany]

Mar 6, 2011
Germany
Release Date: September 24th, 2012
Price: 29,00 Eur
Media Markt.de link

Strictly limited edition collector's Steelbook ™ in. With fixed magnetic 3D lenticular cover. Lenticular Cover used as a magnet (Steelbook ™ printed with pattern). Rated sticker on the cover removed. Over 6 hours of bonus material, including previously unpublished 2.5 hours: 2 exclusive documentaries, extended scenes in HD, alternate ending, photo gallery and many more featurettes.
attachment.php

Actual pics thanks to smoothy09 @Blu-ray Germany
7999891202_680600c4a7_c.jpg

7999898690_c9d8f97fb6_c.jpg

7999892019_ba4a15dd94_c.jpg

7999888263_57437605b3_c.jpg

7999887045_2d79eed283_c.jpg

7999895366_15502f565e_c.jpg

Attachments

• big__Titanic-Steelbook-Packshot-News-01.jpg
    big__Titanic-Steelbook-Packshot-News-01.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 1,604
Last edited by a moderator:
Since this was released by Paramount in the US, does this mean it'll get a special treatment a'la Thor, Captain America, Transformers 3? :D

Last edited:
I'm really intrigued by the whole lenticular magnet.

I'm guessing it'll be a bendy/flexible type magnet (like those rubber looking ones) that will have the same artwork as the cover underneath. I can't see any real purpose fot it to serve other than be cool looking!

I'm wondering will these magnets be limited to first pressings only though?

I really hope this highly anticipated release live up to the hype and excitement, don't want another disappointing release from Germany, I really want a solid and worthy release just like all the old sought after releases we come to expect from them, it's been a while since the last time they spoilt us with an awesome steelbook, really can't wait now.

I'm guessing it'll be a bendy/flexible type magnet (like those rubber looking ones) that will have the same artwork as the cover underneath. I can't see any real purpose fot it to serve other than be cool looking!

I'm wondering will these magnets be limited to first pressings only though?

I think this will be the same kind of magnet that came with the kellog's cereals when I was a kid, only with some 3D effect.
And there won't be a 2nd pressing, as this is a MM exclusive and should be limited to 4-5000 copies (the 2 MM I've been always get about 15-20 copies of every steelbook wave, so by doing complicated math stuff you get 4-5k).

The real questions are : is there debossing on these 3D MM steels that hold the lenticular in place (likely) and is there inner artwork (unlikely if you ask me) or is it like the french release ...

Last edited:
Thank God some German text on the front i was scared for it to be clean and offcourse inside Art but not art on the back.

So what were the 29 Euros for the 3D Disc when the rest of the steel is budget??

Reactions: Staind
Media Markt is again blowing things up. With Blade they released it with clean back and front. But no inside artwork. And here it is inside artwork + front and no clean back.

:angry:
Now I regret... can't believe we're stucked with this ugly back again... This ain't my style to be this angry on a steel, but let's be honest, I was expecting SO MUCH better than that...

Last edited:
Reactions: tono06