Transformers: Dark of the moon (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Media Markt Exclusive) [Germany]

Mar 6, 2011
Germany
according to a user on the German Board meinerseits Media Markt will get an exclusive 3D Steelbook of Transformers 3.

Release date of February 9th, 2012.

transformers3-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Price on the MM homepage is 30,- Euros and release is now February 9th!
Hopefully the price will drop a little bit...

thats expensive EEK!

And like Ricker asks below is the 2D going to be region free ?

Confused on this release now....

Last edited:
Sweet, so 3D/2D and most important extras, already cancelled K2DVD one and will stick with John's GB for sure, brillliaaannnttt :)

thats expensive EEK!

And like Ricker asks below is the 2D going to be region free ?

Confused on this release now....

OK I get if it's 3D and region free, are the 3D and 2D both region free, or is the 2D like the DVD's where they won't play on US players?

To my knowledge the 2D Version of the german Steelbook is region free (ABC) and infos are that the 3D Version from MEDIA MARKT is also regions A, B and C! I heard only the Digital Copy was for germany only...

I also think it is expensive but the 2D version with NO extras was/is 24,99 Euros!!! So for the 2D, the 3D Blu-ray!s and an extra 354 Bonus Minutes it is quite a bargain then :scat:

To my knowledge the 2D Version of the german Steelbook is region free (ABC) and infos are that the 3D Version from MEDIA MARKT is also regions A, B and C! I heard only the Digital Copy was for germany only...

I also think it is expensive but the 2D version with NO extras was/is 24,99 Euros!!! So for the 2D, the 3D Blu-ray!s and an extra 354 Bonus Minutes it is quite a bargain then :scat:

Oh k. Well Im hesitant to buy now as I NEED the 2d to be region free in this. All I was really after was the 2D and the extra features of this one.

I guess Ill just have to go with it and assume the 2D will be region free as well.

Oh k. Well Im hesitant to buy now as I NEED the 2d to be region free in this. All I was really after was the 2D and the extra features of this one.

I guess Ill just have to go with it and assume the 2D will be region free as well.

Usually the Blu-rays are region free or region A and the DVD's are what's region locked to region 2 if it's German, French or UK. So you should be OK. On a 3D title both 3D and 2D reside on the Blu-rays in most cases.

Usually the Blu-rays are region free or region A and the DVD's are what's region locked to region 2 if it's German, French or UK. So you should be OK. On a 3D title both 3D and 2D reside on the Blu-rays in most cases.

yeah I hope so. Im all paid up in the group buy already so Im committed. I guess I will perhaps let a fellow North American open there copy first and verify for me before I open mine!

yeah I hope so. Im all paid up in the group buy already so Im committed. I guess I will perhaps let a fellow North American open there copy first and verify for me before I open mine!

Well, think about it... A lot of people don't have a 3D capable HDTV and rely on 2D but still buy the 3D Blu-ray movie. It wouldn't be considered a High Definition movie if the 2D resided on a DVD, so it will reside on the Blu-ray.

Well, think about it... A lot of people don't have a 3D capable HDTV and rely on 2D but still buy the 3D Blu-ray movie. It wouldn't be considered a High Definition movie if the 2D resided on a DVD, so it will reside on the Blu-ray.

Yeah I know. But some are starting to put the 2d and 3d on separate discs which is why I was thinking they might start locking the 2D disc. Thats all.

Long wait for this one, lol, about a month till it releases and then another good two weeks for it to get here from Germany!!!

I heard the move in blu is just amazing with the transfer and all.... looking forward to watching it.

Yeah I know. But some are starting to put the 2d and 3d on separate discs which is why I was thinking they might start locking the 2D disc. Thats all.

Long wait for this one, lol, about a month till it releases and then another good two weeks for it to get here from Germany!!!

I heard the move in blu is just amazing with the transfer and all.... looking forward to watching it.

You haven't seen this movie on Blu-ray yet? I have it on Blu-ray and I can tell you that the movie is top notch. Especially if you have a HDTV then you will see the clarity and sharpness very well.

I just wanted to add, if you've seen 1 and 2 on Blu-ray and liked them then you should enjoy watching the 3rd one as well. I'm a big fan of Michael Bay and most of his movies so I'm all excited about this 3D version. I didn't mean to sound over-zealous if that's how I came across. My bad. :)

Last edited:
You haven't seen this movie on Blu-ray yet? I have it on Blu-ray and I can tell you that the movie is top notch. Especially if you have a HDTV then you will see the clarity and sharpness very well.

I just wanted to add, if you've seen 1 and 2 on Blu-ray and liked them then you should enjoy watching the 3rd one as well. I'm a big fan of Michael Bay and most of his movies so I'm all excited about this 3D version. I didn't mean to sound over-zealous if that's how I came across. My bad. :)

No, no you didn't come across that way. Im a big fan of Michael Bay action as well. I own both 1 & 2 on bluray steelbook and they are fantastic. Watched the 3rd one in theatre. People will say the 2nd and 3rd were awful movies and all that and I will agree but the action always makes for an entertaining flick. I will say this though Im getting tired MB's cheesy love stories in his movies now. In Tformer 3 the love story part was completely unnecessary imho and the storyline on 2 & 3 was meh. But again I still love the movies.

I have so many MB movies on blu can't keep count, lol. I wish I could get myself into this whole 3D thing but I just can't. Im usually an early adopter when it comes to new tech but in a decade or so this is a first that Im just not warming up to. The goofy glasses just ruin the experience for me. Until they figure out 3D without glasses I think Ill be out for the count. Im planning on getting a new TV set this year to replace my old 47" LCD and just can't myself to muster up the extra for 3D so Im just gonna get a regular version LED. Probably the Sharp 70". My receiver's not 3D capable either so Ill save on that as well.

Eh, just a small rant on 3D I guess. Wish I could like it as it looks like gaming would just be awesome in 3D.

I think your right about the 3D glasses. Somehow the technolgy needs to move forward without them.

Anyways, I'm sure there will be plenty of members here that will test drive the 2D and 3D aspect of the movie to give you a heads up before you crack yours open. :)

That day will eventually come around...someday :) I have read report that they already have a 3D LED set, but a 20 inch is like $5,000 LOL... I have to have at least a minimum 55 inch set now. When that day comes around, it'll probably be $15,000 :hilarious: And then several more years for it to come down $10,000...and so on. By that time, the next generation blu-ray will come alive and we'll start collecting the next super duper-ray :scat:

We only live once, so might as well enjoy it before our time comes... :)

I think your right about the 3D glasses. Somehow the technolgy needs to move forward without them.

Anyways, I'm sure there will be plenty of members here that will test drive the 2D and 3D aspect of the movie to give you a heads up before you crack yours open. :)

steel and AcId, I volunteer to be your guinea pig for the 2D and 3D reviews of TF3. My family is super crazy about the Transformers movies and 3D Blus so when they announced that Ultimate set, we circled that release date. Man, what a week that is going to be! We got into 3D right from the get-go and my awesome Samsung 67" DLP set does 3D beautifully. Let me tell you that you will need as big a set as you can get to fully appreciate the 3D just like in the theater. Anyway, I have heard great things about the TF3 3D presentation especially since there are more scenes shot in IMAX than TF2.