Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: November 25, 2013
Purchase link: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen LIVE NOW!
Price: £14.99
Notes: Embossed

10830502-1373044753-379439.jpg

10830502-1373044753-379420.jpg

10830502-1373044753-379435.jpg

10830502-1373044753-379499.jpg

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 539
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 381
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 449
Last edited by a moderator:
I think Zavvi have done a good job on this one - a very nice looking steelbook for newer collectors or those that missed out on the FS one and it compliments the Play release of Transformers very well :)

For those of us with the original it's reassuring different enough - the pattern that runs through the steel is different on the FS release which also had the shine that catches the light and I feel is a superior finish.

IMHO this couldn't have gone better - something for everyone :)

Pity about the alignment on the embossing being off again, it's not as bad as dotm was on mine but not as good as it should be. The case is also flimsy as hell due to the embossing.
It could have and should be so much better for £15 really.

CRAP+GARBAGE+TRASH+RUBBISH+SHITE

I got mine, and in hand with natural lighting looks like complete and utter crap to me :ugh: - maybe i'm spoiled by the badass glossy & embossed play.com steel for 1st movie - but to me this looks like garbage in hand. :movie:

not even worth opening - shite is going back asap. 100% fire sale material AND ITS NOT EVEN LIMITED TO 4K LOLOLOLEPICFAIL

- instead i'm gonna turn my play.com steel into a custom 4 disc edition just as soon as my big screen edition discs arrive :thumbs:

Last edited:
just been looking some more and i figured out why it looks so bad to me - artwork has been printed at a lower resolution. Not nearly as bad as Daredevil, but still enough to make overall image look very poor side by side with play.com 1st movie SB.

I think its most noticeable at the top of Optimums primes head.

I got mine, and in hand with natural lighting looks like complete and utter crap to me :ugh: - maybe i'm spoiled by the badass glossy & embossed play.com steel for 1st movie - but to me this looks like garbage in hand. :movie:

not even worth opening - shite is going back asap. 100% fire sale material AND ITS NOT EVEN LIMITED TO 4K LOLOLOLEPICFAIL

- instead i'm gonna turn my play.com steel into a custom 4 disc edition just as soon as my big screen edition discs arrive :thumbs:

You noticed the poor image quality too. Quite a fuzzy image and the embossing is off but other than that its pretty much what i expect from zavvi anyway.

:hilarious: so you don't like it then :hilarious:

Making some customs here too. Got the German 2 disc glossy dotm steel ordered which I'm going to convert into a 3 disc so I can put my 3D set in there, then I'll use the 2 disc insert from that sb and swap it into rotf so I can put the big screen edition discs in there when they arrive :thumbs:

Last edited:
Now Zavvi will release the IM 1&2, Rambo and all the ones that people hate so much. Cause of the banner? Some of them don't even have any inside art and they are the pride of any collector. Also keep in mind the quality and the hard to find option. Now, take your new toy, be happy and keep dreaming! :thumbs:

You noticed the poor image quality too. Quite a fuzzy image and the embossing is off but other than that its pretty much what i expect from zavvi anyway.

yeah agree - its definitely low resolution. cant belive zavvi have the cheek to charge £15 for this trash!

:hilarious: so you don't like it then :hilarious:

Making some customs here too. Got the German 2 disc glossy dotm steel ordered which I'm going to convert into a 3 disc so I can put my 3D set in there, then I'll use the 2 disc insert from that sb and swap it into rotf so I can put the big screen edition discs in there when they arrive :thumbs:

I'm just annoyed that i dint use my head and cancel when i had the chance. Zavvi will always be Chavvi!

Last edited: