Oct 3, 2010
Drums, PA
Release: April 26th, 2016
Platform: PS4
Purchase:
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Zavvi.com

Several years after his last adventure, retired fortune hunter, Nathan Drake, is forced back into the world of thieves. With the stakes much more personal, Drake embarks on a globe-trotting journey in pursuit of a historical conspiracy behind a fabled pirate treasure. His greatest adventure will test his physical limits, his resolve, and ultimately what he's willing to sacrifice to save the ones he loves.

From Gamesthirst.com:

Naughty Dog is now a two-game developing studio, The Last of Us and Uncharted IPs. Of the latter, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception was the last title to grace PS3, but we never doubted for once that Naughty Dog would continue the bestselling franchise on PS4.

But we hadn’t heard anything about the game until today, when Lost and The Lord of the Rings actor Dominic Monaghan spilled the beans while speaking today at a conference regarding his work on the live-action series for The Bureau: XCOM Declassified.

According to Monaghan, he simply can’t wait for the next Naughty Dog epic, hinting that he knows a thing or two about it.

“I’ll always stay focused on the gaming world and see what’s coming up,” he said. “The new Uncharted I’m really excited to see how that’s going to be and obviously both new gaming systems.”

Of course we knew that Sony held back some major announcements from its E3 presser because PS4 was being unveiled, and no one wants to debut their big game in the shadows of a next generation console.

GamesCom, maybe? Let’s hope so, but it’s good to finally get semi-confirmation that Naughty Dog is hard at work on one of the best franchises ever forged.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 382
Last edited by a moderator:
Some details have appeared with regards to Uncharted 4 after it was featured in this month's Game Informer. According to the magazine, Uncharted 4 is set three years after the end of Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception, and sees Drake return to treasure hunting after his long lost brother Sam arrives on the scene. Sam will be controlled by AI, although he's not quite as skilled as Drake at getting around, so this will be seen to cause tension between the two during the game. The two brothers certainly get around, first heading to the mythic Madagascar colony founded by pirates: Libertalia and over the course of the game, heading through urban and snowy environments. The brothers will also find themselves up against rival treasure hunters known as Rafe and Nadine and of course, interference from villains. According to the preview, environments will be less linear and Drake will have new abilities. Uncharted 4 is expected to arrive later this year!

Reactions: digitalbabe
Not Gonna say I'm surprised.As good as the The Ps experience demo looked,in the gameinfromer interviews, it seemed as if they were doing something massive with this game.Still a major blow for Sony this holiday season when Halo and Tomb Raider drops on the other side.But when the best studio says wait, then we wait.

I guess the industry should look at this as a win.Now anyone can be game of the year,lol.

I'm fine with games getting pushed back. I'd rather give them more time, so we'll have an even better game in the end.
They shouldn't announce games two year before they are to be ready and they wouldn't have to delay so many of them.Naughty Dog had to know this game would need more time, but wanted to sale more console this year ,so they said the game was coming this year.I know Uncharted was my main reason for updating and now it's a year off.

I hate that developers have made gamers be happy about delays .Finish the game then Announce and market.

loved the other Uncharted games and I was disappointed with the delay for 4, I'm sure though when it finally is released it will be spectacular!

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End developer Naughty Dog has discussed the improvements made to its facial animation systems since Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us, saying that face models now animate with "between 300 and 500 bones."

In an interview with GamesTM , writer Josh Scherr contextualised the improvements by comparing them to previous Uncharted games and The Last of Us, which he said used "about 90 and 100 'bones' in their faces."

"We've completely revamped our facial animation systems," he said. "Think about that, how detailed Joel and Elli's pained facial expressions were, how well the game captured the respective actors ... Now, the faces have anywhere between 300 and 500 bones."

"[This] lets us emote more, with all the 'bones' we can put onto [faces] - you pan round the camera to look at Nate's face when he's climbing and you see him grimacing and all this kind of stuff ... we're pushing detail on a macro and micro level that I think people are really going to respond to," added lead designer Ricky Cambier.

Unlike previous Naughty Dog titles, for which "some of the animations might have been sample at 10 or 15 frames per second to save memory," which code would then interpolate to run at 30 frames per second in-game, the new tech can "afford to record [animations] at 30 frames per second so that [they] look that much smoother."

Speaking about the visual fidelity of other PS4 exclusives, Cambier said Killzone: Shadow Fall was "pretty damn impressive looking for a launch title," while The Order: 1886 is "one of the best looking games [he's] seen on any system ever," but says developers are still in early days with Sony's latest console.

"If you look at the first Uncharted and how that looked versus how The Last of Us looked ... I have difficulty fathoming that we'll have that kind of graphical leap in the next several years. The reality is, we probably will as we learn the systems better, so it's all up from here, and that's exciting."

Naughty Dog has said it is targeting 60fps for Uncharted 4, but the studio won't push the PlayStation 4game that far if it compromises the overall experience. According to director Bruce Straley, the Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Gameplay Demo was locked at 30fps, though the game is now achieving a higher frame rate.

Click the Link For More Pictures: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/uncharted-4-dev-flaunts-new-milestone-in-face-anim/1100-6427293/

2755609-screen+shot+2014-12-10+at+3.47.44+pm.jpg

2827601-uncharted_4_drake_close_up_1421239570.jpg

2755995-screen+shot+2014-12-10+at+3.27.28+pm.jpg
2755987-screen+shot+2014-12-10+at+3.29.03+pm.jpg

2755622-screen+shot+2014-12-10+at+3.32.26+pm.jpg

2755643-screen+shot+2014-12-10+at+3.31.12+pm.jpg

Reactions: Noodles