Underrated Steelbooks - Hidden Gems Or Often Overlooked

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Feel free to post pics too .......

this thread is not about values. I mean its ok to say that you cant believe its not worth more etc. But this thread is meant to highlight Steelbooks that you dont normally hear about. Its about underrated steelbooks in regards to art primarily. The Hidden Gems of the steelbook world. Often at times ones you think are bad ass/look great etc. but you rarely hear any hype of them. Sometimes this is because the movie isnt so good ... but never the less, show them off now and let them get a little attention. :D

I'll post some later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flammen and Citronen (Flame and Citron) (did I spell it right??)...i only saw one posted here...once! I want one! I loved the movie too!

All of the documentaries steelbooks from Thailand:

- Into to Universe with Steven Hawkings (comes with a kick ass lenticular slip as well)

- Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman

- Human Planet

- Great Migrations

Only have 2 out of the 4 but I'm trying to find the other 2 :ohno:

Marvel Vs. Capcom for PS3!

BEAUTIFUL all clean artwork all around! (Front, Back & Inside)
My all time favorite steelbook!

Definitely, this one was my favourite Steelbook when I first got it. I really wish that more fighting games got these. I was bummed out that SFxTK never got one because Capcom usually release their special editions with Steelbooks, but ignored SFxTK for some reason.

Reactions: DJ IXS
One of mine is Knowing Aus as an underrated steel. Never been spoke about at all. Lovely debossing at the front title with inside and outside work. Nice feel to it as well. The artwork on the disc also suits the steelbook :)

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My LittleBigPlanet2 steel is one of my favourites. Really simple design of Sackboys zipper and nice inside artwork too. Will always have a soft spot for this one as the original LittleBigPlanet was one of my first PS3 games.

I agree, Little Big Planet 2 looks awesome.

In fact, all the videogames steelbooks look nice most of the time. Artwork wise, they are superior to the bluray steels if you ask me.

The Best Buy edition of A Bug's Life - the intricacy of the design, the clear but varied color palette and a high level of details = WOW! Here is a picture captured by a camera...

6363107617_8623915f77_z.jpg

I would love to have that in my collection. That thing is fantastic and this film brings back so many childhood memories. Bit too expensive for me though. I'll stick with my amaray until the UK comes out with a Pixar wave. Go on Play. Do it!

I supposed you are laughing because it is a picture captured by a camera and its quality sucked. I know. I am not at home right now to take better pictures with proper lighting but I thought new collectors would be interested in this title.

Sorry, it's just my sense of humour. I think we kind of guessed that it wasn't something you made a quick sketch of.

V is one of my favorites in my collection that rarely gets talked about. I think it looks amazing :scat:

attachment.php

attachment.php

When it comes to covers at least I love Black Rain. The colors and Douglas really stand out and it's one of Ridley's most under appreciated films imo!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• Steelbook 001.JPG
    Steelbook 001.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Steelbook 002.JPG
    Steelbook 002.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 149
  • Steelbook 003.JPG
    Steelbook 003.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 152