Underrated Steelbooks - Hidden Gems Or Often Overlooked

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Feel free to post pics too .......

this thread is not about values. I mean its ok to say that you cant believe its not worth more etc. But this thread is meant to highlight Steelbooks that you dont normally hear about. Its about underrated steelbooks in regards to art primarily. The Hidden Gems of the steelbook world. Often at times ones you think are bad ass/look great etc. but you rarely hear any hype of them. Sometimes this is because the movie isnt so good ... but never the less, show them off now and let them get a little attention. :D

I'll post some later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent, just ordered, like the looks of that. Hopefully Amazon.it's packaging is OK, never ordered from them before and only heard bad things. :D

9826_large.jpg

8130_large.jpg

15638_large.jpg

My favourite steelbook of all time. Excellent movie, clean SB, and the use of colour is fantastic. The Red on the Black & white image is iconic and it's fully in keeping with the style of the movie. I love It!

Reactions: Marina Blue
SCREAM 4/SCRE4M German steelbook is by far the best quality and great looking underrated steelbook...

Great artwork
Amazing finish (glossy and ultra-glossy contrast)
Great inside art
Great discs with different menus to UK
(FSK logo is a sticker) :D

Actually cant believe its on amazon.de for 10 Euros...

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 104
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 113
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 102
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 113
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: Marina Blue
Perhaps one of the most unique design for a steelbook, definitely underrated but a personal favorite of mine which is still available for purchase - discussion thread link

7067108833_c9bc6c887d_z.jpg

6921029240_c3784d6075_z.jpg

I have to agree, I've never even seen the movie and didn't really have a desire to get it on Blu Ray, let alone in a steelbook, but that cover is just pure awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ash333
Damn see I told myself I was only going to buy movies on steel that I really wanted and that I really liked, not buy them for the art but you guys are killing me here.

Agree with Apocalypse now, always liked that one and never hear it being mentioned. Good value too. V for vendetta has a nice design and the german rock n rolla is one id never come across until recently

Not sure if it's underrated but first steelbook that comes to mind is the Iglourious Basterds nationwide release.

Amazing overall artwork with debossing on rifle in front cover.

21834_large.jpg

I love it aside from the ugly Blu ray combo thing on the top. I hate any blu bars or anything like that on steels.