Underrated Steelbooks - Hidden Gems Or Often Overlooked

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Feel free to post pics too .......

this thread is not about values. I mean its ok to say that you cant believe its not worth more etc. But this thread is meant to highlight Steelbooks that you dont normally hear about. Its about underrated steelbooks in regards to art primarily. The Hidden Gems of the steelbook world. Often at times ones you think are bad ass/look great etc. but you rarely hear any hype of them. Sometimes this is because the movie isnt so good ... but never the less, show them off now and let them get a little attention. :D

I'll post some later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the old school collectors - Watchmen, Future Shop.

+1 Andy. It's an all time classic and very unique

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Steelbook 001.JPG
    Steelbook 001.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 106
  • Steelbook 002.JPG
    Steelbook 002.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 101
I do like Karate Kid, my local HMV still has loads at £11 each.

The back is really nice, I would post it but have not reached 8 post's yet! lol

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

HMV's Machete is my Favourite.

The nightmare before Christmas, I remember walking into a best buy close to my previous job when they were supposedly oop and the stores were pulling them, well I recall seeing 10-15 copies still on the shelf. It's a very nice Steelbook that didn't get enough attention because of potc and monsters inc.

i've been thinking that blow (CA) may turn out to be highly collectible because of the drug taboo. I can't imagine any major retailer in the U.S. carrying a title with a huge line of coke across the cover. I am not sure about the rest of the world, but i can see the huge rail being easily omitted from the cover in future releases. if that were to happen....cha-ching$$$

i am curious to hear from members if they think a cover like this with would fly in their country.

Yes I agree. Tron DE is underrated. Also agree on Fast Five DE.

Another one underrated IMO is Oceans 13 from Canada. Its a stand-out steel book in my collection. The artwork is very fitting to the movie and series. Also clean front/back/inside art make it a complete steelbook. I love the all plain red on the back of the steel.

Pics from our very own site provided by carllenc:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
This is one of my favorites too! So simple, clean and elegant, its just one sexy ass steelbook!

Last edited:
Play.com Pulp Fiction is one of my favourites. Love the film and the SB doesn't get covered in fingerprints if i'm caressing it out of its protection.

After receiving my copies of the recent play.com release of Wolverine, I have to say that it looks damn awesome and extremely underrated.

Flammen and Citronen (Flame and Citron) (did I spell it right??)...i only saw one posted here...once! I want one! I loved the movie too!

I loved this movie and just bought the steelbook from a poster on another site.