What SteelBook do you REGRET not getting?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Share!

This should be about steels you had a chance to get at release, but didnt for one reason or another. It's not about a brand new collector, who wasn't around for a release just regretting that. However, you can share that you regret not getting into them earlier if you are a new collector. :D

Maybe you own it now, but regret passing it up at release and paying more $$$ for it later etc.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Wreck....FYE imported Wolverine and Iron-Man steels for a customerwho never showed. I just happened to be there when the manager put it back on the shelf. I still regret not buying them.

I waited for a price drop for the Play.com Star Trek SteelBook. It was originally £17.99, then went up to £22.99, so I thought that I would wait for it to drop back again, but............:(

In generaly, I regret, I didn't bought Blu-rays earlier for in the future, when I still was bound on DVD.

When there is a new upcoming medium, I will keep starting right away. :) That's a lesson I now learnt.

At least my slipcover & steelbook wishlist is now empty for the previous released titles. No more stress hunting. :)

Yeah I feel the same way. I started way too late.
Same goes for watching a movie. First you think, nah I'm going to watch that movie, because it not good enough or sometimes a second watch is needed to see it. After you watched and you liked it, the stress meter begins to rise, the hunt inside wants those nice steelbooks. :D :(

I had this for example with Inglourious Basterds, Zombieland & Book of Eli.

Le Grand Bleu. I really liked the cover and the film sounded interesting. Was really busy, lost sight of the release...then it went OOP. Not paying ridiculous prices for it, so it's on the 'oh well' list. Would have purchased at launch price, but it's not 'crucial' for me to spend $$$-never even saw the film.

I regret having 3x copies of the original Media Markt Wanted and sending them to US friends and not keeping a copy for myself.

I already had the UK Wanted and didn't think I needed another one.

Lol. Those were the days when I only had one copy of a movie. :rolleyes: :hilarious:

i just started collecting steels cause I never knew about them as in my local stores we don't have any in stock. Just plain blu-rays no steels. But I have all Harry Potter's FS 1-8+ Shelf, Tron Legacy, Green Hornet, and 2 HOP FS. I'm getting Batman Begins+Dark Knight both as *** titles in about 2.5 weeks :)

I regret all steebooks that I have to pay more than it first releases...and that's a lot of them :)

regret buying 100s of the cheap amaray case :(

Last edited:
I've passed a lot of steels but the only one I regret is Public Enemies. I was holding out for the black cover with a clean back no ratings logo and interior artwork. Well, it never came out. Now I am trying to track down the futureshop copy.

I started collecting steelbooks in early 2009 and I was offered to get a copy of Iron Man BR SB FutureShop Exclusive. I passed at the time.....thinking I could wait. :(

John Rambo and Iron Man FS. I had a chance of getting both, but I wasn't really into SBs. Needless to say now I want them, but I am not spending the money to get them.

Ironman and inglorious basterds from CA. And avatar extended steel and blade runner. Damn, I have a lot of regrets....

Last edited: