What SteelBook do you REGRET not getting?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Share!

This should be about steels you had a chance to get at release, but didnt for one reason or another. It's not about a brand new collector, who wasn't around for a release just regretting that. However, you can share that you regret not getting into them earlier if you are a new collector. :D

Maybe you own it now, but regret passing it up at release and paying more $$$ for it later etc.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mehdi, you quit collecting? :drool:
I never thought that would happen, at least not so soon, hope you still make some of those unboxing videos. Those were awesome.
Oh man, I just clicked on your thread and there looks to be tons of stuff that I need from there. I will have to PM you soon about that. :hilarious:

As for this thread, these are the Steelbooks I regret not getting:
- Batman Steelbook Trilogy Boxset (DE) (why, why did my card bounce?)
- Batman (1989) (CA)
- Romeo and Juliet Ironpack (China)
- The Raid (UK)
- Prometheus (FR)
- Resident Evil Trilogy (KR)
- Gladiator (TW) (My foolish self was not into slips back then)

Regret getting rid of:
- Inglourious Basterds (Futureshop)
- Angels and Demons (Futureshop)

Steelbooks I regret opening :emb: :
- Iron Man (Futureshop)
- Metropolis (UK)
- District 9 (CA)
- Star Trek (CA)
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (CA)
- Up (CA)
- Watchmen (CA)

That is about it I think, overall I think I don't regret too much. :thumbs:

Last edited:
What i regret to miss it's Thor NZ.

Have had a few chances of getting Le Grand Bleu and missed the opportunities. Now that I've quit collecting, it feels like it's the only one who never hit my shelf.

you have Moulin Rouge now ;) it fits so well with your Romeo!

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

- Prometheus (FR)

That is about it I think, overall I think I don't regret too much. :thumbs:

i can help u with this one

I've held both Romeo and Juliet and Moulin Rouge in my hands when I was in China. Didn't know how rare both of these were. I only picked up Moulin Rouge. I regret not picking up Romeo too.

Pinnochio @ $45 when I had the chance.

And Terminator 2 Premium edition v2.0

And Beauty and the Beast Iron pack and Snow White at retail price when I had the chance in Best Buy.

I saw Captain America TW for $120. I was so close to pulling the trigger, but didn't. :(
I was still new to collecting. I look back and think how close I was to getting it.

Probably back then it was very expensive when you can get the same steel for so much less. Who would had known this steel had rocketed to $500 - $600?

The G2 sized Blu-Ray version of Star Trek instead of the G1 sized DVD version.

All 3 of the original Pirates of the Caribbean movies. I saw about 8 of each sitting in some random low traffic Future Shop in a small town for MONTHS, but sure enough, when I finally decided to go get them, they were all gone. Apparently some guy came in and bought them all at once, undoubtedly to re-sell for triple the price on eBay.

The original X-Men trilogy.

The original Die Hard set, particularly the first four.

Thor HMV is my biggest 1. Saw it get released then was holding off on it. Unsure at the time if to get it. If at the time i knew that we would of had the whole set in steels i would of grabbed it.

Steelbook you're most gutted you missed out on

Hi, new here ish so not sure if this is the right place for this thread if not please move it for me MODs

Anyway what's the steelbook that you're most gutted you missed out on at release and did you eventually get a copy of it?

for me it's a recent one, "Who framed Roger Rabbit" I've said for literally a decade the movie I most wanted to be released on Blu Ray was Roger Rabbit then randomly I came on here and saw it not only finally had been but that it was in steelbook form, unfortunately I was too late and am on my quest now to get an relatively affordable copy.

So what's your White Whale​

Reactions: hiratafabio
For me, most titles I'd have liked to owned were released before I started collecting steelbooks so it doesn't really count, but I'm still bummed about FF7 Advent Children. Saw copies in store but decided not to buy it. :(

whoever "moved" this, thanks

another i've just thought of reading your post was "Thor" I already owned the blu ray and wasnt collecting steelbooks at the time and I saw it in cex for £10 n thought "why bother" now it's like £50 on eBay, that one stings a little ha...

Missed out on Drive but don't want to pay silly money. I've set a limit of £30 per steelbook. Managed it with Iron Man so not giving up just yet. Obviously I'm happy with them opened/like new which helps.

Don't get the appeal for THOR. Poor film IMO.