What SteelBook do you REGRET not getting?

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Share!

This should be about steels you had a chance to get at release, but didnt for one reason or another. It's not about a brand new collector, who wasn't around for a release just regretting that. However, you can share that you regret not getting into them earlier if you are a new collector. :D

Maybe you own it now, but regret passing it up at release and paying more $$$ for it later etc.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only one I regret not getting is the first German edition of Sucker Punch. I remember when it first come out and I thought the Canadian version looked better. I bought neither because I didn't have much disposable income at the time. Other than that i've been pretty lucky especially when it comes to UK Steelbooks.

Terminator Play.com.

It was one of those 'I'll order that tomorrow' scenarios. Before I knew it it had gone. Ah well.

Thor definatly, even when I just got into steelbooks, it was selling out fast. Now I have Captain America, Iron Man FS and Play as well as Iron Man 2 and the Avengers.. :(

I was going to say The Raid but fortunately I managed to get hold of a copy in todays limited release!
Before that it was Captain America (HMV) I even remember seeing them all on release stacked up in my local HMV and for some reason I still didn't pick it up! Cost me a fair bit more to finally pick it up and it's an awesome Steelbook, no idea why I didn't pick it up originally!!!

Mine is definitely the Play.com Iron Man 1 & 2. I had it on preorder for ages then I cancelled last minute, was absolutely gutted when I saw them properly

My biggest regret was not getting into steels til after FS IM rose exponentially in price. With my buying habits, I'm sure I woulda done some major damage there lol. Also later on, when I was into collecting steels, only buying a single copy of Inglorious Basterds and T Salvation. I could still see a dozen of them, sitting there with there $29.99 price tags. Less than 3 years later, they go for almost X10 that, who knew?

I need this crazy sucker punch to go with my fnac box set ! :p Most Wanted !!!!!!!!

Next there is this HMV Green Hornet available in my country too but no shop enough close to me

You can add Tintin steelbook for same reason above :(

That's all for the sadness lol

there is always hope hahaha

I had my grandma go out to buy The Hunger Games for me because I was busy that day. She bought the Mockingjay one rather than the District 12 one. I didn't really research them at all so I didn't realize there was two version.

For me it was the John Rambo amazon.de exclusiv steelbook.
I think it was 2008 as the steelbook was released and i ordered the DVD version because i was not into collecting blu rays :angry:

Sadly for me i ignored SB's for quite some time due to the higher cost. Have only recently started appreciating them from an artwork perspective. Dont intend to catchup on titles as i could spend a fortune doing so. Will just keep an eye out for bargains on what is to be released.