Wind River (Blu-ray SteelBook) (The Blu Collection) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #66) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: June 15, 2018
Purchase links: Premium Box - Lenticular - Full Slip - Quarter Slip (Pre-order April 5 at 2 PM - April 12)
Price: $70.99 (Premium Box) - $40.99 (Full Slip or Lenticular) - $34.99 (Quarter Slip)
Group Buy: Premium Box - Lenticular - Full Slip - Quarter Slip

28953669_926750670839348_4712419533557232614_o.jpg28828412_926750700839345_6881970971462734464_o.jpg28828002_926750737506008_4395056634211105778_o.jpgupload_2018-3-22_11-52-21.png
27750931_902339823280433_2469207313412266437_n.jpg
29216514_2251732845053920_7016638571977113600_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that really is cheap toot that I don't need bundled in
There was nothing cheap about the replica police badge. I guess you don't buy limited editions like the blade runner blaster edition or Terminator2 Endoarm edition or Predator 3D Hunter Head edition.

I love booklets; believe it or not, I read them cover to cover (unless it’s nothing but screenplay) so you can imagine my joy when I received “Damnation Games,” a 200-page HC book in the Hellraiser set from Arrow. :cat:

Steelbook + booklet + slip to keep them together = perfect. :cat:

Everything else is pretty much worthless and tacky.

I love booklets; believe it or not, I read them cover to cover (unless it’s nothing but screenplay) so you can imagine my joy when I received “Damnation Games,” a 200-page HC book in the Hellraiser set from Arrow. :cat:

I think we can all agree that booklets are fine. It's the other stuff, like the postcards and cheap add on stuff. "SUICIDE SQUAD WITH HENNA TATTOO PACK!!":LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
There was nothing cheap about the replica police badge. I guess you don't buy limited editions like the blade runner blaster edition or Terminator2 Endoarm edition or Predator 3D Hunter Head edition.

I have the police badge and it's naff, as for the others compared to Sideshow (actual high end collectibles) they're all cheap as well (bar the blade runner blaster, that does look nice)

I think we can all agree that booklets are fine. It's the other stuff, like the postcards and cheap add on stuff. "SUICIDE SQUAD WITH HENNA TATTOO PACK!!":LOL:

Indeed; even though I’d (somehow, maybe) find enough space to store all that, I like to see my collection of movies compact on the shelf, like a sort of an archive or a library: only the bare needed minimum, without memorabilia and unnecessarily big boxes all crammed together (my other movie-collectibles are displayed separately, in more of a museum-like manner).

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon and C.C. 95

I am a learned man. Being learned I appreciate booklets with text and being a man I am highly visual, thus also appreciating booklets with only photos.;)

Reactions: C.C. 95
You obviously don't own the Predator head or Planet of the Apes Caesars bust.

I dont need to to know

This
51c%2BbBeWIbL.jpg

Doesn't come close to this
predator-masked-hunter-legendary-scale-2002521-02.jpg

Obviously a massive price difference but then I never said there wasn't, all I said one was cheap toot (which it is) and the other is a proper high end collectible. If you think otherwise 'you obviously dont own the Sideshow piece'

• Thanks
I dont need to to know

This
51c%2BbBeWIbL.jpg

Doesn't come close to this
predator-masked-hunter-legendary-scale-2002521-02.jpg

Obviously a massive price difference but then I never said there wasn't, all I said one was cheap toot (which it is) and the other is a proper high end collectible. If you think otherwise 'you obviously dont own the Sideshow piece'
Foolish people give authoritative opinions on things they don't actually possess

You obviously don't own the Predator head or Planet of the Apes Caesars bust.

I remember the Alien Egg edition for the Anthology set, and it looked awful, the ratio was way off (even for artistic merit), and the mass-produced mold was, as expected, cheaply done. Buying such oversized sets is pretty much like acquiring a half-baked collectible that has Blu-ray(s) included as a bonus -- instead the other way around.

Foolish people give authoritative opinions on things they don't actually possess

I don't need to possess a product to see from a 1-mile distance how awful and/or tacky it is. Seeing it in store, or looking at production photos is enough to convince me what a foolish thing to do would be buying it.

• Thanks
I remember the Alien Egg edition for the Anthology set, and it looked awful, the ratio was way off (even for artistic merit), and the mass-produced mold was, as expected, cheaply done. Buying such oversized sets is pretty much like acquiring a half-baked collectible that has Blu-ray(s) included as a bonus -- instead the other way around.

I don't need to possess a product to see from a 1-mile distance how awful and/or tacky it is. Seeing it in store, or looking at production photos is enough to convince me what a foolish thing to do would be buying it.
The Alien egg was disappointing.
Interesting that it was actually made by Sideshow.
The other items I mentioned are not available in shops.
If you make your decision just based on pics then that's your loss.
Wonder what @Mark Wilson , @Jocelin , @elle82 , and @GI_SnakeEyes think of the collectables.

Remember, it wasn't me who praised Sideshow. I have zero experience with them so far.

But what's the reasonable alternative? All I can do before my purchase is browsing pictures or watching YouTube videos. Are you trying to suggest that I should order a product that doesn't look good online, hoping that seeing it in real life would miraculously turn it into something good?

This Wind River badge, for example. I made my decision not to buy it, based on the photo here. What am I losing?

Remember, it wasn't me who praised Sideshow. I have zero experience with them so far.

But what's the reasonable alternative? All I can do before my purchase is browsing pictures or watching YouTube videos. Are you trying to suggest that I should order a product that doesn't look good online, hoping that seeing it in real life would miraculously turn it into something good?

This Wind River badge, for example. I made my decision not to buy it, based on the photo here. What am I losing?
The Wind River badge does look crap.

What I am saying is that you can certainly make a personal decision whether you want to buy something based on pics.
But
Surely you can agree that you cannot give a definitive verdict without having it in hand or upclose.

Wonder what @Mark Wilson , @Jocelin , @elle82 , and @GI_SnakeEyes think of the collectables.
Thanks for the tag @StifflersDad. I guess one man's trash is another man's treasure. I'd never call mine or @GI_SnakeEyes collection tacky. Just like i'd never call a collection comprised solely of amaray cases boring as f**k :whistle::LOL:.

i'd never call a collection comprised solely of amaray cases boring as f**k :whistle::LOL:.

Amarays are mostly gaudy, because that translucent blue plastic on top rarely fits the theme of the cover. (Criterion did well bypassing that issue.) That’s why I go for steelbooks and digibooks and, above everything, premium whenever possible.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz

@Mark Wilson @StifflersDad
I am usually disappointed with the quality of the collectibles that are part of a blu-ray release, the price is of course not the same as the premium collectable, but still...
i would be ready to pay more and get a decent figure, bust, replica etc.... Cause i am mostly excited when it is announced and eventually disappointed when it arrives
it is like the figure they made for man of steel, if you look at the pictures of what was supposed to be the actual product, and what was in the box....
But in the end i am only interrested in limited editions featuring these kind of products/goodies cause i collect movies, not collectables. So it is a tough choice, i would say that in general i buy it because i always want the best possible edition of movies i like, knowing that the product will probably not meet my expectations...;)

Last edited: